The dreaded grey!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeccaBeauty

Reaction score
When did you first notice you had grey hairs?
I was looking in the mirror today and saw loads! Never noticed them before but I guess that's because Iv never left my natural colour to grow out. I'm 24...

My dad has hardly any at the age of 53 and my mum only started getting them late 30's. Not sure wether to laugh or cry! :s

Only this year actually. They're fine hairs at my temples. I don't really have any of the odd thick thick ones. With my highlights they sort of blend in. OH hasn't noticed it yet as he would be the first to comment. :wink2:

I'm 45.

I noticed my first one last week, I'm 32. I am devastated about it lol. Then my boyfriend had a look and he found five :Scared::Scared:

Do you think it might be stressed related or am I just destined to be a silver fox by 30? :eek:

I have loads, but it's one of my 10 commandments. Thy shalt not have a grey hair on thy head !!

Do you think it might be stressed related or am I just destined to be a silver fox by 30? :eek:

Maybe, but you could turn it around and put a lilac rinse through it which I think looks great on the younger girls. Just don't have a tight perm aswell!

Or keep plucking them out until I'm bald! Haha

I saw a girl in the post office, she must have been 20 years old max. and I loved her pretty hair, a lilac tint through it, and she had it in a messy up do.

I saw a girl in the post office, she must have been 20 years old max. and I loved her pretty hair, a lilac tint through it, and she had it in a messy up do.

If I was 20 that's what I'd have.

I noticed my first grey at 21 :(

I've now got about 5 in a patch near my fringe. I've got natural brown hair so they show so bad. I was hoping of make it a bit old as my dad is 55 and only has a few silver highlights if you look close. Mum on the other hand went grey at 18 so I suppose I should count myself lucky :((

Needless to say, I pull them out lol not sure how well this plan will go when I go completely grey ;)

I have them!!! And I hate them!!! It's a women's worst nightmare. Have had them since I was about 25, my boyfriend of a month noticed them after our first holiday together... Had my roots done before we went,the sun must have had an effect on the dye cause they were clear to see on our travels back. Ever so embarrassing. Have to colour hair every 3 weeks. Will use a root touch up in between have hair done at hairdressers, can get pricey!! Though my fellow "silver foxes" things could be worse, I have my health so am very blessed though it is awful ain't it!!!:Scared:.... Still with bf 4 years later :) x

I found one in my eyebrow. Ive decided to leave it there. I'm pretending that i'm Storm from X-Men.

I started going grey at 21. I think it's stress related but my uncle was Philip schofield grey at 18, so might be in my genes.

My mum was grey at 18, my brother at 21 but dad not until he was in his 50's and I was about 35 so could have been worse lol I dread to think how much is now under all my hair dye, I would guess at least 50% 😳 Couple of years ago I tried having highlights to disguise them a bit but being naturally dark it didn't suit me so I'm resigned to having my hair coloured every 5/6 weeks :rolleyes: Oh and I'm 44

I've let my colour grow out over the last year and I'm loving the effect of the white in my hair when I wear it down.
Not so sold on how it looks tied back, but you can't win them all *shrug*

Spotted my first mid to late twenties but at thirty decided I needed to add highlights to try and disguise them as they were getting noticable (I am brunette so grey is more noticable). Earlier this year I noticed my first grey ebrow hair, was very upset and then on Saturday I was checking my makeup in the car mirror and the sun was shinning in at just the right place for me to notice my first billy goats gruff hair :(.
I am quite depressed by this latest discovery, it has come a lot earlier than I expected. I have recently been put on the pill and take only active ones to skip my cycle entirely as I have been terribly anemic - I wonder if this is the cause? Im not even blooming 40 yet!:mad:

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah, well, looks like it's not long for you now. Rapidly declining. Anyway, remember who to leave your cat to in your will. :wink2:

I'm 21 and have a few :( luckily not really on my parting yet I seem to get a clump of about 10 growing in the middle at the back of my head!!

I'm not going to post a pic so you have to believe me here
I started grey when pregnant and went white with thyroid disease.
My hair is natural and I get compliments all the time, it's like stunning platinum blonde and long and silky.
Embrace it!

I adore long grey hair! Can't wait til I can embrace the grey! Although I hope it won't be for another 25 years yet! Look at Yasmina Rossi (Link!) If you think you recognise her she was on the M&S adverts! Her hair is mesmerising

I adore long grey hair! Can't wait til I can embrace the grey! Although I hope it won't be for another 25 years yet! Look at Yasmina Rossi (Link!) If you think you recognise her she was on the M&S adverts! Her hair is mesmerising

That's like mine! How do I get a modelling contract?
Erm, ok, the body may be a small issue lol

Latest posts

Back