The dreaded naming of your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjo

Reaction score
Help Iv got to try and name my new business

I’m going to be renting a room in a piercing and tattoo salon so I really want something to fit.

I love names like Beautylicious but has been done way to many times

I am considering

Bootylicious
Beauteous
Be unique

I really don’t want to use my name, any of you clever geeks have some ideas x

Be unique is nice

Thank you do you think people will remember it

I think the name has to be solely from you, its your salon, your business, your baby.

I think the name has to be solely from you, its your salon, your business, your baby.

If that’s the case I should call it “The ugly truth”

If that’s the case I should call it “The ugly truth”

Lol. Something with a bit of fun in the name is going to be far more memorable than Be unique.

Lol. Something with a bit of fun in the name is going to be far more memorable than Be unique.

Yes I agree which is why I am stuck

The Ugly Duckling
Great Expectations
Chequerboard Beauty

Brainstorm with things/places/ideas that you’re interested in and see what comes up. Try not to focus on the obvious words related to beauty initially and then play around with them. Maybe something will jump out that will also have a speacial meaning to you.

Random idea but bring up a theasauraus on google and type in words that suit your business or what your after it will bring up loads of synonyms that you won’t have thought of have a play about and you might get something quite unique that way! For the names you’ve said I’m not keen on bootylicious tbh it sounds a bit like a strippers or makes me think of Beyoncé I probably wouldn’t go or if I did I wouldn’t be telling people please don’t take that the wrong way I’m not trying to be nasty it’s just something to think about xxx

Random idea but bring up a theasauraus on google and type in words that suit your business or what your after it will bring up loads of synonyms that you won’t have thought of have a play about and you might get something quite unique that way! For the names you’ve said I’m not keen on bootylicious tbh it sounds a bit like a strippers or makes me think of Beyoncé I probably wouldn’t go or if I did I wouldn’t be telling people please don’t take that the wrong way I’m not trying to be nasty it’s just something to think about xxx

I tried that didn’t find anything i likes.

Iv gone through goddess names, empress names, baby names, I’m just not finding something that says yes

I tried that didn’t find anything i likes.

Iv gone through goddess names, empress names, baby names, I’m just not finding something that says yes
Haha it can be so tricky you’ll be doing something completely unrelated and then just have an aha moment when it comes to you you’ll be like why didn’t I think of it before xx

Haha it can be so tricky you’ll be doing something completely unrelated and then just have an aha moment when it comes to you you’ll be like why didn’t I think of it before xx

Hopefully [emoji23]

Call it something really jaw breaking and make people remember it!!!

I want something that is unisex as I am going to be in a tattoo studio and I think it will be good too attract male and female clients

I want something that is unisex as I am going to be in a tattoo studio and I think it will be good too attract male and female clients
Interesting being in a tattoo studio. Did you do some market research? I know this option has come up before and many seem to think blokes won't visit and women get put off by location to visit.

Interesting being in a tattoo studio. Did you do some market research? I know this option has come up before and many seem to think blokes won't visit and women get put off by location to visit.

There is already a clientele as the tattooist does Beauty too but, I struggling to do both so she’s concentrating on the tattooing and in taking her beauty clients

There is already a clientele as the tattooist does Beauty too but, I struggling to do both so she’s concentrating on the tattooing and in taking her beauty clients
Ahhh awesome :) let us know how you get on.

I used to have the similar problem naming my studio. It was the tough decision and I had so many ideas in my mind, however, we chose the simplest name, because it's easy to remember for people and now I think it was the best decision :) I like "Be unique"btw or maybe just "Unique"?

Latest posts

Back