The dreaded shears!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen Smith

theHOTWAXroom
Reaction score
Please don't all shout at me at once but I have made a right bu**er of my little lads hair.

I picked him up from nursery yesterday and noticed that he had 'visitors' in his hair again. I didn't check his hair very well and went straight for the shears when I got home as I am determined not to live with head lice for years like I did with my daughters hair. I just could never get rid of the darn things.

I was feeling quite unwell yesterday and I put this down to my rash decision and lack of concentration as I forgot to put a guard on the sheers and went straight up the back of his hair on zero!! Sigh!.. hubby shrieked and stopped me from going right over the top on zero.

I tried to rectify it by doing a 9mm on top and stepping the zero with the 9mm. It looks like I have put a bowl on his head and shaved round it. :eek:

The annoying thing (apart from my little lad being hair abused:evil:) is that there were no head lice ... well not any to write home about... one must have crawled onto his head that day and laid one or two eggs.. nothing more!

I KNOW I shouldn't do 'do it yourself' cuts.. but I just thought a hair dresser wouldn't do his hair with head lice.

Any suggestions what I can do to try and even out the step? I have a 3 mm and 7mm guard.... I really don't want to go zero all over :(

I have sheered zero up to an inch and half above both ears and all the way around so its quite high then its 9mm on top... :eek:

Any advise? Apart from wuzz the sheers please?

I accidentally did this to Ryan when he was 4 as he had visitors and I was so eager to get rid of them I also forgot to put the guard on the clippers.
In the end I just shaved the lot off and it grew back within a couple of weeks.
The local paper did a pic on his birthday that week as well:eek: :lol:

My husband took my son to the barbers when he was 1 years old and asked for skinhead type doo, (he didnt have much hair) This was his first haircut! Oh gosh, they did that to him he was bald all over! I cried for a week - he looked ill!

Sorry I cant offer any advice - perhaps now a visit to the hairdressers? They might be able to blend it in?!?

Good Luck! Dont worry it will grow! lol!

Please don't all shout at me at once but I have made a right bu**er of my little lads hair.

I picked him up from nursery yesterday and noticed that he had 'visitors' in his hair again. I didn't check his hair very well and went straight for the shears when I got home as I am determined not to live with head lice for years like I did with my daughters hair. I just could never get rid of the darn things.

I was feeling quite unwell yesterday and I put this down to my rash decision and lack of concentration as I forgot to put a guard on the sheers and went straight up the back of his hair on zero!! Sigh!.. hubby shrieked and stopped me from going right over the top on zero.

I tried to rectify it by doing a 9mm on top and stepping the zero with the 9mm. It looks like I have put a bowl on his head and shaved round it. :eek:

The annoying thing (apart from my little lad being hair abused:evil:) is that there were no head lice ... well not any to write home about... one must have crawled onto his head that day and laid one or two eggs.. nothing more!

I KNOW I shouldn't do 'do it yourself' cuts.. but I just thought a hair dresser wouldn't do his hair with head lice.

Any suggestions what I can do to try and even out the step? I have a 3 mm and 7mm guard.... I really don't want to go zero all over :(

I have sheered zero up to an inch and half above both ears and all the way around so its quite high then its 9mm on top... :eek:

Any advise? Apart from wuzz the sheers please?
You are quite correct. No hairdresser should by law touch him when he is infested. .
If you did a 0 (no guard) then a #1 would be the next blending guard on the sides and a #3 on top.
Sounds like your lad has a high and tight.:green:
What you can do if you have a very very steady hand and courage is to take a comb and blend with it and the clippers with no guard. This is called clipper over comb. combing from the botton up and taking the clippers over the comb to cut off the longer hair.
It takes great patients, a steady hand. a sharp eye. If you do not have all of these quailities..take him to a hairdresser and let her blend it in. :)

Best of luck

You are quite correct. No hairdresser should by law touch him when he is infested. .
If you did a 0 (no guard) then a #1 would be the next blending guard on the sides and a #3 on top.
Sounds like your lad has a high and tight.:green:
What you can do if you have a very very steady hand and courage is to take a comb and blend with it and the clippers with no guard. This is called clipper over comb. combing from the botton up and taking the clippers over the comb to cut off the longer hair.
It takes great patients, a steady hand. a sharp eye. If you do not have all of these quailities..take him to a hairdresser and let her blend it in. :)

Best of luck

Thanks JD .. I will give that a go... :(

Oh Jen, I did this to my little lad too, when he was 5 and I too just ended up having to go over his whole head with no guard. Boy was I gutted, but it didn't take too long for it to grow back :hug:

Oh Jen, I did this to my little lad too, when he was 5 and I too just ended up having to go over his whole head with no guard. Boy was I gutted, but it didn't take too long for it to grow back :hug:

Thanks Hope.. I have gone over everywhere this morning with a 3mm and its blended in the line a little.. well a lot actually and its not as quite as severe as a 0 all over... oh humm... he looks like a poorly lad now ... especially with all his chicken pox spots all over lol!!

When I was a kid my sister took the scissors to my brothers hair and in some places it was so short my mum had to give him a skinhead. but we were surprised he looked absolutely gorgeous and that became his normal haircut for years. But anyway don't worry, like others have said it will grow back ever so quickly and he'll start looking like his normal self again. The chicken pox will drop off soon enough too xx

Hey at least he's not older and more self conscious:eek:

personally if i'm envisioning this correctly-i'd go in with the texture shears/or razor comb and turn that hair into a cool fauxhawk.....make use of the length he has left on top

personally if i'm envisioning this correctly-i'd go in with the texture shears/or razor comb and turn that hair into a cool fauxhawk.....make use of the length he has left on top

'Fauxhawk' ? Not sure how much funk or use you could make of 3 mm lol!

I am getting used to his new look now anyway.... the line isn't half as noticeable, he is so cute anyway :hug:

:cool: Thank God Hair Grows!!!!!
happy to hear it didn't faze him too much and mum is getting along with it also.
Have you forgiven yourself for it yet?:hug:

:cool: Thank God Hair Grows!!!!!
happy to hear it didn't faze him too much and mum is getting along with it also.
Have you forgiven yourself for it yet?:hug:

Yeah JD I have forgiven myself just about... he looks gorgeous now I have gone shorter on top.. not so much a 'thug' look but now looks all cutiepie again :)

Thanks Hope.. I have gone over everywhere this morning with a 3mm and its blended in the line a little.. well a lot actually and its not as quite as severe as a 0 all over... oh humm... he looks like a poorly lad now ... especially with all his chicken pox spots all over lol!!

Bless him :hug: . I remember thinking the same with my little one, he looked poorly too xx

Latest posts

Back