The Edge artificial nail starter kits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amirose

Reaction score
Hiya, just been for my induction lesson aka fire regulations, college conduct bla bla bla at my local college (bored out of my mind lol) anyway my tutor was going over all the kits we need and it totted up to around £380 :eek: (this is on top of the £450 for the course) I dont know what type of products they are. She is an OPI reprensative so may be OPI.

Im going to be doing acrylic, gel, fibre glass and silk and will need all 4 kits.

I have come home today and had a bit of a look on the net and come across all the kits I need. The products are by The Edge. I dont know anything about this company, anyone know if these products are any good? If I get these kits instead it comes to around £220.

Heres a link http://www.creativenailplace.com/trade/edge/starter.htm

Advice greatly appreciated as I currently know nothing about Nail Enhancments :eek::rolleyes:

Hiya

I am curently training via a distance learning course, so haven't got the the extensions part of it yet, still on anatomy!

I also come across these kits, and out of all the kits I've seen (and that's a few!), these are full of more products than all of them, so you definatly get what you pay for.

Sorry but I can't help anymore than that, as I am in the same boat as you!

D* xXx

Ladies ... not all products are the same QUALITY. They differ greatly. Some actually hinder your learning because they do not perform well so you have many problems and then blame YOURSELF for all the problems when it may be the product and not YOU.

Why not just ask your teacher which products you will be using on the course and ask her why she uses them ??

You may be trying to save money and it may be a case of cheap can be very dear in the end.

Surely you will have to use the kits they recommend so the tutors themselves have experience of them.Don't they supply the kits they then buy bulk and can pass a saving onto you.What course is this.

Adding to what Gigi says, to know and work with a product well you have to understand its chemistry IMO. If you use a product that your own teacher is not au fait with then you are creating problems for yourself before you start. You won't have to buy all 4 kits at once I am sure which will help you budget better. Don't look at what is your cheapest option, look at what is your BEST option ... often they are not the same thing.

I think it could get confusing if you're using different products then you tutor. Not all products are used the same.

For example with some brands you use a primer and for others you don't. If you buy one that requires primer, but your teacher is teaching without your going to have major problems.

I think you are best to stick to what your tuto recommends, later when you are more experienced and know what to look for, you can try out different brands and find one that you love.

Latest posts

Back