The effects of XXL!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake nattrass hair

Reaction score
Had a client in today who had used XXL live platinum to lighten her hair then used XXL purple ontop. This was when she came into the salon... in all my years I’ve never seen hair this damaged. Thought it would be good for those who want to show clients the damage you can do when home colouring.
A3C662C2-34E4-4BC4-B018-1B4061B54E1A.jpeg

Attachments

• AF2F33E9-0198-4A01-82C2-CB8046C22DAD.jpeg
    AF2F33E9-0198-4A01-82C2-CB8046C22DAD.jpeg
    830.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 57990ED2-ADDC-40A3-8548-989968FD9689.jpeg
    57990ED2-ADDC-40A3-8548-989968FD9689.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 79
that is so heartbreaking. poor bugger. any pics after you worked your magic? :D

Had a client in today who had used XXL live platinum to lighten her hair then used XXL purple ontop. This was when she came into the salon... in all my years I’ve never seen hair this damaged. Thought it would be good for those who want to show clients the damage you can do when home colouring. View attachment 209372
Wow! I love how she proceeded to put the purple on after bleaching it
Is she normally a client of the salons?

[emoji15]

Before I started training my sister used to get her friend (who was a qualified hairdresser) to do her hair, scalp bleach and bright red. She thought it'd be a good idea to put bleach w/ 12% over all of her hair to brighten it up, end result was quite similar to your client... Lovely[emoji4]

She called my mum crying, the aftermath was clumps of hair all over the floor, all her friend had to say was "sorry I've gotta go. I'll put a conditioning treatment on it tomorrow for you". A breath of fresh air hey!

Oh my good god what did u do???

Oh my! XXL is very strong stuff, so can’t say I’m surprised by the outcome.

This is also why I won’t advise diy-ers how to do their own hair. They glean a bit of knowledge but not enough to understand the chemicals properly and sometimes end up with more hair on the floor than on their scalp.

I’m guessing that she’ll become a good client and a lot more cautious about diy-ing it now.

[emoji15]

Before I started training my sister used to get her friend (who was a qualified hairdresser) to do her hair, scalp bleach and bright red. She thought it'd be a good idea to put bleach w/ 12% over all of her hair to brighten it up, end result was quite similar to your client... Lovely[emoji4]
!

How do these people pass their colouring exams and qualify?
It’s baffling, although there were several ladies on my level 3 that were utterly clueless about colouring at the beginning.
You do wonder about the pressure some colleges must be under to pass them. :eek:

How do these people pass their colouring exams and qualify?
It’s baffling, although there were several ladies on my level 3 that were utterly clueless about colouring at the beginning.
You do wonder about the pressure some colleges must be under to pass them. :eek:
I honestly have no idea! Its scary how careless colleges can be when it comes to student's ability and competence.

I remember she actually said to me when I started hairdressing "I left hairdressing its sh*t and you dont make any money" no hun you're a sh*t hairdresser and don't make any money cause you're having to pay for the damage you're causing[emoji23]

She just had to get the majority cut off. I said ideally she needed a pixie cut it was that damaged but she was adamant to go no shorter than a bob. It was still fried but I said to book in every 4 weeks for a cut. She bought some redken anti snap and took home a bundle of olaple products including shampoo and conditioner, I said they are no miracle and the hair is damaged beyond any product ability to repair but they will help. And absolutely no heat and or chemicals I.e dyes etc. Literally wash your hair use your take away products and leave it alone!

OMG what has she done to it! I admit to using live XXL to lighten my hair and it has never turned out like this!

OMG what has she done to it! I admit to using live XXL to lighten my hair and it has never turned out like this!

Then you’ve been incredibly lucky!
I’ve seen other shocking results from use of XXL lighteners...:eek:

This lady has use them frequent and to quote ‘it’s always been fine’.. it only takes the one!

Then you’ve been incredibly lucky!
I’ve seen other shocking results from use of XXL lighteners...:eek:

I don’t use it often, just every now and again if I want to change colours, I am lucky that I have thick resilient hair, I never use their colours though just the max blonde lightener

I don’t use it often, just every now and again if I want to change colours, I am lucky that I have thick resilient hair, I never use their colours though just the max blonde lightener
That'll be more damaging than their colours[emoji22]

You can practically smell how high the ammonia is!

That'll be more damaging than their colours[emoji22]

You can practically smell how high the ammonia is!

♀️ never had my hair coloured at a hairdresser that I was happy with, never had a problem doing it myself

Yes it's bloody awfull ‍♀️
20190921_204144.jpeg
20190921_204204.jpeg

‍♀ never had my hair coloured at a hairdresser that I was happy with, never had a problem doing it myself
If you’re happy doing it yourself then that’s absolutely fine. I do feel it’s a shame when clients have negative experiences with a handful of hairdressers and as a result never have a professional do their hair ever again. I can honestly say there are some amazing hairdressers who live and breathe their profession, for example I can’t sleep so I’m watching guy tang YouTube videos to get some inspiration and I’m on salon geek lol!! I LOVE my job, colour is my “thing” and I know I’m not alone in my thinking. I’ve been a hairdresser for 18 years and can day hand on my heart I love my job. I’m always learning and remain passionate about the craft I’ve worked my arse off to get to the standard it’s at now. Sorry if that sounded like a rant it wasn’t lol I just feel sad that you’ve been let down and want u to know we aren’t all bad! X

Latest posts

Back