I use LCN products. I found that a thin layer of Bondique is the perfect viscosity for feathers to stick! I'm sure this can be done with any system.
1. Prep the nail
2. Apply bonder - cure
3. Apply form, sculpt with Sculpture - cure
4. Apply a thin layer of Bondique - don't cure!!
5. Nip little pieces of various colored feather and stick them on
6. Be sure the feathers are laying flat on the nail and that there are no air pockets - you may need to do some additional nipping so there isn't too much hanging off the nails
7. Apply a little bling! - cure
8. Apply Solution² Building Gel - cure
9. Clean and shape
10. Apply Sealant, cure and you're good to go!
It's been taking me about 2 or 2¼ hours to complete a full sculpted set with a feather inlay, but I'm still fairly new. Post pics if you try it out!
The feathers can be found at a craft store such as Micheals!