The Feather Inlay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AvinashiNails

Reaction score
I've just started a small business out of my home doing LCN gel nails. I'm looking for neat nail designs for my new clients and just did a few sets of feather inlays last month.

Wow they are brilliant. How do you do them? x

I don't do enhancements so I can't comment on the shape etc but I can tell you....the feathers and glitter are lovely. Really pretty....and not too glitzy! Well done.

Wow they are brilliant. How do you do them? x

I use LCN products. I found that a thin layer of Bondique is the perfect viscosity for feathers to stick! I'm sure this can be done with any system.

1. Prep the nail
2. Apply bonder - cure
3. Apply form, sculpt with Sculpture - cure
4. Apply a thin layer of Bondique - don't cure!!
5. Nip little pieces of various colored feather and stick them on
6. Be sure the feathers are laying flat on the nail and that there are no air pockets - you may need to do some additional nipping so there isn't too much hanging off the nails
7. Apply a little bling! - cure
8. Apply Solution² Building Gel - cure
9. Clean and shape
10. Apply Sealant, cure and you're good to go!

It's been taking me about 2 or 2¼ hours to complete a full sculpted set with a feather inlay, but I'm still fairly new. Post pics if you try it out!

P.S.
The feathers can be found at a craft store such as Micheals!

Ahh Thanks so much for writing that all out for me. I might have a go sometime if I am feeling adventurous. They look really great. You should be proud of them x

These are amazing!! Love the effect of the feathers xx

I really like these - lovely design :)

Well done!!

These look really cool. Brilliant idea

Latest posts

Back