The finishing part..........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peppercorn Nails

Reaction score
I've just had this thought :idea: When you've shaped your nail enhancements and you're just finishing off with your 3 way buffer.........if this is skimmed over, could this also be a possibility why lifting can occur down the sidewalls. Have they not been sealed properly?

I have re-evaluated product placement, keeping well clear of the side walls and cuticle aea, and also making sure I've sealed the side walls with my brush. And in all fairness, not in total vail as there is an improvement. However, having read one of Geek's tutorials about finishing off, it seems to be quite an integral part of the procedure.

My finishing off involves applying solar oil and buffing over with my 'Girlfriend' (3 way buffer, not real friend :shock: ) very briefly. I now know that 'Girlfriends' don't like oil (thanks Geek) and that Master Geek uses his 'Koala' (OMG here come the RSPCA!!) to buff the oil in, then removes all traces of oil (with scrubfresh, I think) and buffs with all 3 sides of his 'Girlfriend'.

Now the fact that I am not buffing the nail all over and not including the side walls, could this be a potential problem?

Any thoughts, Adele

are you removing all the cuticle from the side walls correctly and if so are you removing all the excess product you put on to remove it.....
try this.i had problem and this was my down fall.after ringing my teacher in dispair this is what i found reduced my lifting.hope you understand what i'm saying.....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Risol2002 (is that your real name?

Yeah, use Cuticle eraser to remove all excess cuticle and then scrubfresh like there is no tomorrow :!:

No I was just wondering whether this finishing part could just be the icing on the cake..........the bit that I am failing to do thoroughly enough.

Thanks for the reply, Adele

"very unlikely"

You are saying that you are not buffing the sidewalls with the three way shiner really super good? It is very doubtfull that this could be the cause of sidewall lifting.

I very rarely even use a three way shiner and LORD KNOWS MY NAILS NEVER LIFT! Just kidding about that one. I would say it has something to do with prep or application. Now having said that I know it is like the last thing you want to be told. I know..cuz been there. Actually, hmmm sidewall lifting never seemed to be my problem...I had other kinds of problems...shhhh

So...I guess it is back to the drawing board..good try though! ;)

just wondered if your removing the shine from the nail before appling product. i was having major lifting last week cause for some reason i had forgotten to remove the shine :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back