The Forever French Rebalance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
says powder, so i guess she is talking about acrylic french rebalance..............my nightmare!!!!!!!!!

:cry:

i guess if you are putting on white/french tips, then that is a safe bet!!!! i'd do the same.
if you are then using gel or acrylic, clear, or a hint of pink then that will be fine..............
the refills will be ok the first time, but then when it comes to the rebalance of the french, ie. putting the smile line back in place, then its a nightmare, you have to start playing around with white acrylic or gel,
well it is for me..................................:cry:

sometimes i try to steer clear of the permanent french..................

especially gel!!!!! to me its a nightmare, especially with clients that fidgit!!! the gel is on the slide and the french has slid on the hand.........
i panick , get hot, get like i am going to have a heart attack, and wish i never offered it. IT NEVER LOOKS LIKE A SMILE LINE, MORE LIKE A WHITE STRAIGHT TIP!!!!!!!!!
am i the only one thats a a total barry!!!:cry:

then theres the acrylic permanent french, i can never perfect them nice crisp clean SMILE LINES.....................

the new set of french doesnt look as bad as trying to do the rebalance......:eek:

some time i tend to offer natural looking nails, without the fake french look, and tdo them nice and then and compliment the shape of the nail/hand!!!!

if they ring for a permanent french, i tend to talk them out of it or am fully booked................

HELP:smack:

why don't you book a 1-2-1 with your trainer Andromena and/or a skill building class?
it would help to sort out the areas you're having problems with.
hth's

Explanation was great but after you finish the smile line and pink fill what do you finish the whole nail with to make it shine. Do you use some type of shine sealer or cover the whole nail with clear acrylic? :rolleyes: I'm sure you can tell I haven't done alot of P&W. I've got to keep practicing because I have a client next week to do so thank you for you help.

Monti

How simple & easy you make these tutorials..........very helpful, I wish you could come to Australia!!:)

Right, got my first p & w rebalance tmw for new client, have explained there might be a colour difference, she said that was OK. Very nervous, but very grateful to you Gigi for this tutorial. I am putting your words into practice tmw. Wish me luck!

Teri x:eek:

Now I've had time to think about it I might cancel her, I feel sick!

Teri x:eek:

P+W = pink and white, ie white tip and pink nailbed.
hth's

BRILLIANT - We are 5 months in and still have not bloody covered L&P P&W Rebalance.... I will try this on my own set in a week or so, it seems so much easyer than what we have been told (yet not shown!) to do.

Thanks so much !!!!!!! It all makes sense now. So simple and yet so easy to get so wrong. :)

It DOES make sense as in not to file and file too much product,and in the APPLICATION of the right ratio and beads....but it still looks daunting to me,and i can see why some,like myself would need some one to one tuition on this.Having said that,it only makes me more eager to learn it rather than"cheat" and soak off and start again!
Gabi

Hi Gigi,

I received my nailclass book as instructed to buy and have read it cover to cover...about 3 times lol! However i am a little confused about the french rebalance. You say to shorten and thin the free edge to ther thinness it was originally and leave it. then to thin out where you want to make the new smile line. When i imagone this i see a dip in the middle of the nail, is this correct??
When i trained we never really covered rebalance at all so i've been trying to train myself but find that i spend forever trying to take as much product off the nail as possible before adding more. No matter how much i file the nails always look too bulbous :(

Another thing that frustrates me is that when i look bown the barrel of the nail after a rebalance you can clearly see the layers of product.

Help!!

hi ,have you got any pics to go along wae the tutorial ? and what what size of grit siz file would i use to file out the french white ,i did one last night and it went pear shaped ,im going back tonight to TRY and correct it :irked:

I am dreading doing my first pink and white rebalance, but Im sure this tutorial will help sooo much. Can I just ask, with a rebalance, after applying the new smile, do you have to replace zone 2 completly? or just the area behind the new smile? if so how do you avoid a ridge in zone 2? Many Thanks, any advice very very welcome!

Doing my very first rebalance on a client tomrrow and have been panicing a bit but reading through this has calmed me thanks x

you have no idea how much easier you just made my life...i was taught to file down all the white to the natural nail/tip...and i took 2 separate courses...lol...someone wasnt telling me something :|
thank you sooooo much

Great tutorial!

I know now where i was going wrong!

Thank you!

Tallony:green:

Ok... I have read this a million times lol, but I think my eyes were looking but my brain wasn't regestering :lol:
However, I have just READ it and bits of it out loud and it all makes PERFECT sense !!!
Whenever I do a rebalance, I take about 3 hours.... I file away pretty much all of the white from the previous time.... then thin out and remove lift if there is any....
Then I replace the whole of the white and then the whole of the pink ...
then have to file loads, as like you say Geeg I always end up with a big bulky zone 2 !

I have just phoned my mate who's nails I did a few weeks ago to check she still has them on and she does and they have grown out loads...
So she is coming over tomorrow for me to practice the correct method,
She had white tips but It wil do for practice xx

I did my 1st frenxh last week then suddenly thought arghh i'll have to rebalance it in 2 weeks, im petrified to be honest but after reading gigi step by step i hope i can do it. As they say practice makes perfect!! good luck fellow geeks on this sure we'll all be a dab hand one day!x

Latest posts

Back