"The Future Is Organic Nails" haha

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Ok

So today, I was solicited by a representative of an "organic nails" company.
These are their claims:

using acrylics or gel nails does most damage to the natural nails, as to remove them you have to soak fingernails in acetone for 45 minites causing EXTREME DAMAGE and for gel nails they are buffed off .. thus causing damage with the aggressive filing to remove them. once you have used organic nails you will never go back to acrylics or gels again. THE FUTURE IS ORGANIC NAILS..
NO SMELL
NO MASKS
NO PRIMERS
NO ACTIVATORS
NO ETCHING OF THE NAIL PLATE
NO USE OF ULTRAVIOLET LAMPS
NO DEHYDRATION OF THE NAILS
NO EXCESSIVE FILING
NO TOXIC DUST OR FUMES
SO SAFE YOU CAN EAT IT.
NO NEED FOR VENTILATION SYSTEMS

THE SAFEST AND HEALTHIEST ON THE MARKET TO DATE AS IS PROVEN
SAFE FOR PREGNANT WOMEN AND DIABETICS

and

ACRYLIC & GELS AGAINST ORGANIC NAILS THERE IS NO CONTEST
WE USE NO CHEMICALS

Now, when I replied to this solicitation, saying that anything containing carbon is considered organic and that this is NOT a new marketing ploy, and I corrected/argued many of their false claims... They answered back that I know nothing :rolleyes: and not to contact them again
LOL:lol::lol::lol: THEY solicited me, NOT vice versa :lol::lol:

So, I invited this representative to provide me with an MSDS that proves that they are different from any other product out there. This is their answer.

my product is NOT a gel or an axcrylic the powder consists of vitamins minerals protiens and herbs and has no msds as it is natural and is used world wide and we have just recently brought it to the uk. I can asure you we dont con anyone. WE have recently sold the product to south africa and already we have interest for the uk.I feel insulted as a master nail educator for many years with bad health due to working with monomer and acrylic powder, and gel products. Our product is so safe you can actually eat it.I have been in the newspapers and the tv and people are amazed when they see the results.i have pregnant women using my product and the technicians using it dont have to take maternaty leave as the system is digestible.

I asked AGAIN for an MSDS and was told that there wasn't one. I also invited the representative to come to salongeek to share with us this WONDERFUL :rolleyes: product, with such members as well known authors Doug Schoon, Marian Newman & Gigi Rouse and many other well known leaders of the industry.

At this point, the representative became nasty
Big surprise:rolleyes:
She refused to provide an MSDS, refused to provide an ingredient listing, said she had nothing to prove to me.
Wellll, she solicited me. As far as I know, it was her duty to PROVE to me her product was all that she claimed it was.

Still awaiting such proof.

How many of you have been solicited in such a way?

what an absolute load of rot. Any product company should want their customers to be well educated on the products, including the ingredients. To refuse to give information makes them look like they've something to hide.

I dont know about Canada but in Australia its illegal to not provide and label ingredients on products but also unacceptable to not provide a msds. Of course she should have to prove it to you to back up the claims this company are making, do they think people are idiots??!!?? :eek:

But the idea of organic nail products is good though, whether it can be acheived or not is another thing...

omg! how rude!:eek: If their products are as good as they state they are, why would they not tell you the things you asked for?! They're guna struggle to find people interested if they treat them like that!

This product has been knocking around for years AND in the UK. I've seen it demonstrated.

It was Organic Nails then and I guess it hasn't changed. It was a powder made of (if I remember correctly) ground up fish bones or something like that. It was a resin and a dip into this powder and they looked horrendous .. opaque like putty ... everything about it was pretty awful. They were dipping everyone into the same bowl of fish powder, using the same unsanitised brush on everyone to brush the powder off ... they had Creative Cool Blue on the table for the hands :eek: No product of their own ... they were using Creative tips and other ancillary products ... and when I gave them a run for their money with questions, they did not like being challenged at all.
and lastly - does anyone thing it is a selling point that clients can eat the product??? :eek: I don't really like my clients doing that! :lol:

I have found the link for the company in question as the originator of the email message to me never included it in the first place :rolleyes:

This is their FAQ

Frequently asked questions:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q. What makes the powder unique.?
A. The powder is an all natural formula; a digestible powder consisting of vitamins, herbs, proteins and minerals.
FURTHER INFORMATION: proteins are a major source of building materials for the body, skin, hair and nails. Vitamins are essential for proper growth and maintenance of our health. Herbs help the body to resist disease, strengthen tissues and improve the nervous system. Minerals acts as a catalyst for many biological reactions within the body.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q. Is the glue organic.? Why is this glue different from the others.?
A. No, the glue is not organic, however the glue non toxic . With all the beneficial ingredients in the powder and the oil, they improve, strengthen and repairs the nail surface.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q. When is a wrap used with the organic nail.?
A. The wrap is used for repeated breakage of the same nail.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q. Do you need infills with the organic nails, if so, how often.?
A. Yes, if the product has been applied to artificial tips and overlays, every two or three weeks, depending on the rate your nails grow.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q. Can you get a mould with organic.?
A. Yes, any covering of the nail along with improper care can create a mould.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q. Can you wear nail tips and overlays with this product.?
A. Absolutely, most people wear tips and overlays with this product.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q. Can this product be used if you are pregnant or have diabetes ?.
A. Yes, as a matter of fact, organic nails is one of the few products that can be used by both pregnant and diabetic people.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q. Why do professional nail technicians use this product.?
A. Professionals know that chemicals typically used by other manufacturers have caused devastating damage to the nails of their clients. They are also pleased not having to work with harsh ingredients and painful products if they do not have to. Professionals do not want to have to wear masks. With the organic nail system, these issues do not exist.
Q. How long does the organic extensions last.?
A. With regular visits for your infills, you can grow your own natural nails to the desired length, and the technician can trim the artificial nails down as your natural nails grow.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q. How long is the removal procedure of the organic nails ( tips or overlays ).?
A. Minutes, “yes literally minutes”.
[/FONT]

My biggest laugh is: "With all the beneficial ingredients in the powder and the oil, they improve, strengthen and repairs the nail surface."
Ummm yeah sure. And Peter Pan is real and he's going to come and fetch me to go fly tonight :rolleyes:

Can I post the link, or would it be considered inflamatory or whatever?

Just look at the very first Q. ???
All BS .... as anything put onto the nailplate does not absorb into the bloodstream so where is the benefit.? Can't even be bothered to read all the rest.
It is so easy to spot pure BS isn't it?

OMG they even call a bacterial infection a MOULD!!! Pu-leeze!

Can I post the link, or would it be considered inflamatory or whatever?

I think you'd better post them a link to us so they can learn a thing or two and save themselves some embarrassment!! :lol:

Omg have just read all this through, what a lot of drivel!!!!!!

Don't panic fellow nail technicians and artists, this company has only launched their product in the wrong marketplace, with the number of references to the digestion of their "wonder product" :rolleyes:, it should aimed at the catering industry!:lol:

Or with the amount of BS spouted...........the agricultural industry.......best place for it, to be spread on fields!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think you'd better post them a link to us so they can learn a thing or two and save themselves some embarrassment!! :lol:

Actually, what I put in my email/response back to them was:

I cordially invite you to bring attention to this product on http://www.salongeek.com which is FLOODED with talented and well known techs. Amongst it’s members are authors Doug Schoon and Marian Newman and Gigi Rouse. Leaders and educators in this industry.

Not only do I invite you, I DARE YOU.

Her/their response back was
i dont have to prove anything i dont need to, the product does that. please dont contact us again with your trivial nonsense .. and dont challege me . you know nothing of our product we will cross each others paths some day CANT WAIT

Apparently, my arguments against her claims were "trivial nonsense".

I couldn't stop laughing:lol:

PS: I "can't wait" either, just so I can laugh in her face literally. LOL
(ok, that was catty, but I couldn't resist, sorry)

I dont know about Canada but in Australia its illegal to not provide and label ingredients on products but also unacceptable to not provide a msds.

Exactly my point to her. It's required in Canada too. It's LAW. Even BUBBLEGUM must have ingredients listed:!:

What's funniest is that SHE solicited me and after my repeated requests for msds/ingredient listing etc... she said
PLEASE DONT CONTACT US AS WE ONLY DEAL WITH PROFESSIONALS WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE NAIL INDUSTRY

could it get any funnier? She doesn't even have knowledge of the industry from what I can see:rolleyes:

i dont have to prove anything i dont need to, the product does that. please dont contact us again with your trivial nonsense .. and dont challege me . you know nothing of our product we will cross each others paths some day CANT WAIT

Well I have to say, not only does that sound threatening but not in the least professional behaviour (if they know what that means). I'm shocked :eek::eek: It certainly makes a nonsense of this statement:

PLEASE DONT CONTACT US AS WE ONLY DEAL WITH PROFESSIONALS WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE NAIL INDUSTRY

I wonder who they might be then???

What a load of old tosh. This has made me chuckle!
Id pic gels or acrylics any day. Have done so for several years, and my nails are still healthy and in tact!

fish bones for nails ... sounds lovely!

Fish cartlidge - for fingernails & later for tea,,, ewwww blah.

A couple of ladies in the USA on an emailing list went to a salon for interviews.
Apart from some other things discussed this also was mentioned.

Salon owner says..........BTW we only use fish cartlidge for nail enhancements.
A doctor made our's for us & we have a 20 year supply...:eek: Scarey s**t

At least if it doesn't catch on they can eat it..... ALL of it IMHO :)

XX J XX

I am sure i have read on here some where that Karl aka nailzoo always challenges these demonstrators at the shows to actually eat it to prove the point lol

So No good for nail biters then ????
:lol:

I cant believe how rude they were to you V ...thats so out of order hun,
obviously saddo's who know nothing, and hope that by trying to intimidate people who question them ,that they will go away ...Well, it wont work if that person is a Geek ! :D

I'm sure they will pop up on here eventually , they wont be able to resist .........let the fun commence !!! :twisted:

I'm sure they will pop up on here eventually , they wont be able to resist .........let the fun commence !!! :twisted:

EXACTLY:lol:

I know why they were rude. I challenged them. I debated, and argued, and disagreed and simply told her that it was marketing ploys and falsehoods. I asked for proof of otherwise. She couldn't provide it. So, because I wasn't a sucker, and called it exactly as I saw it, and as I saw "through it"... she took offense.

Doesn't bother me.
Just makes me laugh.:lol:

How are they even staying in business? How is it not professional of you to require that their claims be backed up with PROOF? Oh my god that email response would have made me soooo mad, rude cow!

I think they have been eating too much of their 'wonder product' :lol: and they are all crazy:eek:

I found them. :lol:I'm such a sticky beak.

Information such as they give out only impresses the ignorant and that is the market they prey on. They know they can't stand up to true professionals who are educated.

Forget them. They've been around for years (lord knows how) and have to scare people into purchasing their product ... believe me those who may start out with it end up using the 30 year tried and tested L&P's and Gels that have worked successfully for millions of women worldwide.

Latest posts

Back