The Future of the A. N. T.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocolate

Reaction score
Just an update on the Association of Nail Technicians.

I took over the admin for the ANT last summer and things have been going well. Our new owners, EMAP, are excited to have a trade association and after a recent meeting, i have been asked to take the ANT over full time. They are very postive and we will see many great things coming soon for our members.

So i have made the heartbreaking decision to close my salon :cry: ( i first opened in 1992!), and limit my training and NVQ work so that i can commit to my new role. I can now offer a better service to our members. Training, NVQ, health and safety, competitions, nail forums, insurance, website, hotline, salon/coperate and international membership are just a few of the services available.

We have moved to a new office in Sidcup that also has a mini salon, so i can still help members with any nail problems etc. Our new address is PO BOX 226, Sidcup, Kent. DA15 0BY. Tel; 0208 302 2020.

So i also ask for your commitment, even if you are not a member, keep your standards high and please lets make this industry one that you are proud to be a part of.

Best of luck Rachel and congratulations in your new role!!

Remember your 'old' mentor if you need any help at all. xx

Good luck with the new phase of your career Rachel, you work incredibly hard and deserve lots of success :hug:

good luck hun wishing you all the best in your new role xx:hug:xx

Good luck Rachel et. al. you know we are here for you.

Sorry to hear that you have had to close the salon but you have always flown the flag for ANT and it is great news that you can now devote more time to such a great cause.

Come on geeks, let's get behind Rachel and sign up to ANT!

Good luck Rachel!:hug:

Thats it, i got tears in my eyes now! It has been a real emotional 2 weeks, with saying lots of goodbyes and moving to the new office but when i read posts like this, i know that i made the right choice. It means so much to have you guys behind me, thats part of reason i am doing this. (As well as being totally knackered all the time from running the salon and coping with 3 kids!)

Gigi, thank you for your comment, it means a lot. I remember when you came to my first salon in 1993. You were such an inspiration. Without you, i might not be writing this post 14 years later! Thank you.

And Christine, thats well said, yes please sign up, i have to make this work now and we need more members to make a bigger voice for this industry, so thank you to!

Congratulations in your new role.

Can you sign up to ant without the insurance as I know this was a concern before. As I do beauty as well I have had to go with a insurer that does beauty and nails but would love to sign up to ant as long as I could do so without the insurance.

If you cant is it something that you would possibly think about doing in the future.

Look forward to hearing from you

Congratulations Rachel and wish you all the best for the future with you and ANT. you know where i am if you need an extra pair of hands.

Having had the pleasure of coming to your salon and doing one of your fantastic courses, I wish you all the very best in your new role. It's heartening to know you're out there with our best interests at heart......

At the moment I'm not a member of the ANT, what benefit does it have for me to join? I'm wondering if it's somethingI should do......

:hug:

Having had the pleasure of coming to your salon and doing one of your fantastic courses, I wish you all the very best in your new role. It's heartening to know you're out there with our best interests at heart......

At the moment I'm not a member of the ANT, what benefit does it have for me to join? I'm wondering if it's something I should do......

Try not to look at it from this point of view.

But since you asked LOL - It lets your clients know that you are serious about your industry and that you take it seriously.

Our membership helps to fund Rachel being able to talk to the press on our behalf. This in turn gets to our potential clients. Hopefully potential clients one day will start to look for ANT members in the same way as when looking for a builder, you look for a Master builder. Or a Corgi Electrician etc.

We should not always think about what will I get out of this but sometimes think what can I put into this.

Please Visit the ANT website at www.ant.uk.net for all the member benefits, its only £45 per year and you get a lot for it!

You can be a member without the insurance, its £45 for membership and then if you wish to take on the insurance its an extra £34.50 for nails or £49.50 for nails and beauty.

Hope that helps!

Good luck and all the best in your new role....now you have all your time to dedicate, I am sure we will see greater inroads into educationg the public and raising the standards in the industry :hug:

Try not to look at it from this point of view.

But since you asked LOL - It lets your clients know that you are serious about your industry and that you take it seriously.

Our membership helps to fund Rachel being able to talk to the press on our behalf. This in turn gets to our potential clients. Hopefully potential clients one day will start to look for ANT members in the same way as when looking for a builder, you look for a Master builder. Or a Corgi Electrician etc.

We should not always think about what will I get out of this but sometimes think what can I put into this.

That wasn't what I intended at all........ It's not just about me, me, me and I wasn't being negative in the slightest.

I just wondered what the positive for the members was, as the members money funds the association (so that's the positive for ANT)....... Like I said I'm not a member at the moment but may well join....

Sorry if I sounded negative and selfish, I asked out of genuine interest not with a huffy face on!!!

Dont panic! No you were not negative, if anyone was asking me to part with money, i would wanna know exactly what i would get!

BENEFITS
· Membership of a nationally recognised body, promoting the nail industry
· A special ANT pack with membership certificate, pen, badge, window sticker and the one thing you all want....THE COASTER!! (Ha Ha!)
· 1 year's subscription to Professional Beauty magazine - including discount Gold Card
· Quarterly ANT newsletter packed full of advice, with freebies, competitons and discounts.
· Dedicated ANT Hotline to answer all your nail questions by NVQ qualified nail technicians
· Reduced cost of insurance packages – (proposal will be sent with your pack)
· Yearly copy of the Professional Beauty Suppliers Directory (worth £30)
· Approved NVQ certified training and assessments
· 15% discount on all books from HABIA
· VIP access with your Gold Card to all of the Professional Beauty and Nails exhibitions
· Website for up-to-date information on NVQ, training, and shows including the Gold member directory so the public can search for you. (This is soon to be updated and part of the site will only be accessable to members)
· £5 discount for Professional Nails Competitions
· Use of ANT logo on promotional literature (silver and gold members only)
· ANT salon/coperate/international membership (coming soon)
· Code of Ethics poster for your business
· Promotion in the consumer press and radio such as Radio 1 and Radio Essex.

Its worth checking out the EMAP site as you can see who now owns the ANT. They are a massive company owning big mag titles and radio stations such as Kiss and Magic.

Hope thats helps!

Please Visit the ANT website at www.ant.uk.net for all the member benefits, its only £45 per year and you get a lot for it!

You can be a member without the insurance, its £45 for membership and then if you wish to take on the insurance its an extra £34.50 for nails or £49.50 for nails and beauty.

Hope that helps!

Just printed off the application form do i send it to PO BOX 226, Sidcup, Kent. DA15 0BY and not the address on the form.

Just thought would check first

Best of luck with your new venture, Rachel, I just wish we had something similar over here in Ireland!

Jackie
x

All the best Rachel and good luck with your new role im sure you will be great :hug:

Yep, please send to the new address. Thank you very much!

The website is due to be updated next week. We have a new form to download that is just getting proofed.

ADVANCE NOTICE--- Membership fees will be going up from August so if you are thinking of joining, i would suggest asap and save a few more pennies!

Just to let you know that the ANT nail forum places can be booked on the pro beauty website (see seperate post).

Latest posts

Back