The Geek Stands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
As many of you are aware, we have had problems with a particular member over the past few weeks. This has now escalated to a legal situation as this particular member is now 'passing off' as thenailgeek.com

This has led to a fury of negativity primarily directed toward this member and has diverted many of us from actually discussing nails. As a result, I am soft deleting a few threads that have no merit on this site and I am also banning the member in question solely due to his passing off of my identity. The banning is really a bit of a shame as I personally feel that the individual could have been a positive contributor to the site.

I want to thank everyone who have given their support in this matter.

Now lets crack on with our lives and discuss nails :green:

Hear Hear!!

hi

i think you have shown and extrodinary ammount of patience with him, it is a shame but there you go, at times he made this board an unpleasant place to be.
Here to happier times....

i would just like to say a big thankyou.
i am not an active spoken member of the site but more of a lurker.
scince starting nails you have probably unknowingly helped me so much.
i know through this site you and your members have all helped me improve my nails and more importantly started the bug which you all have of craving for more and more about the nail industry.
i did the ent home learn courses and when i have asked for advice you all have been their with unbiased and positive advice.
i sometimes feel intimidated but in a good way as i am in ore of all your expierience and knowledge.
i would just like to say thankyou.
i am beside myself as i will be at olympia to see all my mentors who unknowingly help and inspire me

Nuff said
Back to normal then.

I think its pretty sad that once in a while someone comes along and spoils what we have here. Samuel does such a good job with this site and its a complete godsend to us all, he shouldn`t be going through the trouble he has to when something like this happens.
If there is anything I can do then I`m more than willing

I agree Debs.

I saw what Samual wrote this morning and just thought that if people are that desperate to get their product noticed then it doesn't instill much confidence in it!!

B

Just wanted to voice my support for Samual...he is a top fella and a great educator. Lets try and forget the past few weeks and get on with doing what we do best.....discussing nails :lol:

This has led to a fury of negativity primarily directed toward this member and has diverted many of us from actually discussing nails. As a result, I am soft deleting a few threads that have no merit on this site and I am also banning the member in question solely due to his passing off of my identity. The banning is really a bit of a shame as I personally feel that the individual could have been a positive contributor to the site.

Sammy ya know I luv yu dearly but soft deleting is useless dear.. unfortunately you ned to just trash all the involved threads. You know I have been there done that for now 10 years, and have been through this very type of off topic posting many times.

Some people need to ge a life, some people need to grow up. You can help them with neither.

After a flury of off topic, crass rude and disgusting posts -- after removing about 125 posts from several ongoing threads.. I posted to my own boards just the other day :

Any behaiour that is acknowledged will continue.. Doesn't matter if it is good behavior or bad, acknowledge it and it will continue..

Case:

Poster A makes a post that is rather vulger
Poster B replies why did you do/say that, go away no one wants you here, go away.

This action just INVITED Poster A to respond again. Which in turn will invite Poster B and all her friends to continue this conversation.. but why?? If ..

A. You (meaning Sam) just removes the offending post, no one can reply
B. No one responds, not giving this waste of a nail file a chance to continue.

So.. *I* am letting YOUR board know that off topic and rude behaviour will NOT be tolerated.. If I have to fly over to the UK and kick some skinny Sammy butt to get him to be a little tougher here I will.

Persoanlly I am not out to win any Ms Congeniality award. I pride myself on my morals and keeping the boards and lists I manage as professional as possible.

Nail Techs get a bad name in the industry. I have heard us being referred to as "gum snapping bimbos". If someone was to wander in here and read some of this drivel, that would simply confirm that thought process. *I* will do what I can in my forums to keep them on a professional basis. Yes we do have fun also and you guys here do as well.. but fun and vulgar, rude, crass are not in the same definition in any dictionary I ever saw.

Nuf said.. I'll step down off mylittle soap box now..

The Nail Geek said:
As many of you are aware, we have had problems with a particular member over the past few weeks. This has now escalated to a legal situation as this particular member is now 'passing off' as thenailgeek.com

I want to thank everyone who have given their support in this matter.

Now lets crack on with our lives and discuss nails :green:

Good for you Sam :biggrin:

I think many of us have realised excatly how difficult it must be to moderate a message board like this one....... it's not simply to set it up and let it just wend it's merry way with people posting freely.

I feel that Sam does a heck of a job here. He's desparate to make this a non-product specific site and has said so on a number of occasions.

I for one am hurt that anyone can be so rude as to cause problems to other people here and to generally bring us all 'down'. But most of all, I feel for Sam who has simply done us a great service by designing and implementing a brilliant forum where we can vent our feelings, get amazing advice and generally make friends. Sam should run the board exactly as he wants to........

Who's board is it anyway......?

You know we have Secretary's day, Mothers day, even Pancake day?..... Well, how about we nominate a day for SWEET DAY..... it'll be cool cos we can all send Sam our congrats but not only that..... we'll have the excuse to eat our favorite candies all day.........

Well I for one am up for it...........I can't wait around for the date to be officially decided on..... I'm off to the shops to buy some chocs.....T'raa :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
All the best
Carol

Hi Sam - just wanted to show my support too.

I can't understand what sort of mission he's on.............he really does seem soooo disturbed. Does he really think that by shouting his mouth off on this board, that it's actually going to be good for business? How many are there of us, and how many more teks do we know, and how many more potential teks will we know in the future? Is he really the big bod in Allessandro? Surely no-one could be that stupid...........could they?

It's a shame he seemed to suffer from a split personality disorder as it looked like he really had some really decent information to share.

Anyway mate, bless you are a star and will continue to be one. I don't think there is anyone on this board who could successfully accuse you of running a product based site........if CND comes through time and time again in threads it's because we the posters put it there. Crikey, let's face it if you are Creative trained and there is a site where you can post to some of the most influential people in the business (who happen to be part of CND).....er, where am I gonna visit?.......duh!!!

On the other hand, for teks who are not CND trained the information on this board is still second to none. All are welcome and the more teks with knowledge on various products the better.

Phew, that's me done!

We're all behind you Geek
Adele

i must have been in dream land as i know nothing of whats going on but I have just read through this and i also want to offer my support to sam & co. And i know you are definately not product biased as you only have to scroll through post questions to see names like opi etc.,However why should we not big up a bloddy great product and i know i started with a rubbish one!!! not only is the product great the support -totally ongoing is there too. now i see Alessandro is mentioned - well sam remember the letter i faxed you how they were slagging of creative!!!!! says it all really.!

wkdwich said:
You know I have been there done that for now 10 years, and have been through this very type of off topic posting many times.

Cheers for your support Debs. It means a lot coming from you after all you have done at Beautytech.
I am in ass kicking mode in fear of you coming over specifically to whoop me silly.

Thanks everyone who has sent their support... now lets just let this thread lay where it is now shall we? ;)

The Nail Geek]Cheers for your support Debs. It means a lot coming from you after all you have done at Beautytech.
I am in ass kicking mode in fear of you coming over specifically to whoop me silly.

hahahaha be very afraid my dear..

Hugs.. you are doing a fine job here.. keep up the great work!

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back