The Gel Bottle advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllDaisy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have always used Gelish as my brand of choice, but recently I’m finding some gorgeous ‘The Gel Bottle Inc’ manicures on social media and I’m dying to give them a try!
obviously I would purchase the top coat/base coat etc, but I’m not too familiar with BIAB application. Please could someone tell me exactly what I’ve be doing differently to a normal Gelish manicure?

Thank you

Hi all,

I have always used Gelish as my brand of choice, but recently I’m finding some gorgeous ‘The Gel Bottle Inc’ manicures on social media and I’m dying to give them a try!
obviously I would purchase the top coat/base coat etc, but I’m not too familiar with BIAB application. Please could someone tell me exactly what I’ve be doing differently to a normal Gelish manicure?

Thank you

I wouldn’t if I were you, do some research on the brand first.

You would need to be qualified in hard gel application in order to use Biab. I would suggest you do a bit more research like Alison has said before fully investing.

Im in a similar situation as EllDaisy, out of curiostiy why would you not recommend it? x

I would stick to products manufactured in the EU or USA. There are good manufacture regulations to ensure product safety.

Hi EllDaisy

I absolutely would, and indeed I did, and I'm so glad I did to. It's a fantastic product, lovely to work with and apply and the TGB community is really great too.

I use both Gelish and TGB, although rarely Gelish anymore. BIAB isn't necessary as a part of a regular gel polish application but if you are hard gel qualified then it's definately worth trying, I love it for overlays.

My only word of warning is that it's a bit addictive, it's the most excited I think I've ever got from nailmail, the colour variations are incredible and I think it's a joy to use, it's most definately worth a try. Oh and honourable mention should go to the Extreme Shine Top Coat which is glass like

Not sure I understand all of the scaremongering, however all products and regualtion details are freely available on their website.

Hi EllDaisy

I absolutely would, and indeed I did, and I'm so glad I did to. It's a fantastic product, lovely to work with and apply and the TGB community is really great too.

I use both Gelish and TGB, although rarely Gelish anymore. BIAB isn't necessary as a part of a regular gel polish application but if you are hard gel qualified then it's definately worth trying, I love it for overlays.

My only word of warning is that it's a bit addictive, it's the most excited I think I've ever got from nailmail, the colour variations are incredible and I think it's a joy to use, it's most definately worth a try. Oh and honourable mention should go to the Extreme Shine Top Coat which is glass like

Not sure I understand all of the scaremongering, however all products and regualtion details are freely available on their website.

It’s not scaremongering. There are now many, many experienced nail techs who have reported severe onycholysis on their clients nails, only since using TGB. Investigations are underway, yet the company aren’t being at all supportive to those who have been effected.

I used the brand myself for nearly 2 years and they initially instructed that all their products should be applied “thick to stick”. (As opposed to Shellac’s “thin to win”). Interestingly, recently they have changed their minds and now advise to apply thinly! I think the brand just don’t have the knowledge to understand the chemistry side as they just buy in from China. Far better to buy from a real brand that actually design and produce their own products within the EU/US where stricter guidelines have to be followed.

Hi all,

Thank you

I thought they were regular gel polish and went to get mine done by someone I know. Turns out she trained on a gel polish course and now seems to think she can do extensions with this stuff. I didn’t like it at all. Was so thick and gloopy and the finish was nothing near as nice as when I use my gellux. Some people are just better at photo editing I think..I’d rather show my actual work. Also buying a load of new gels always annoys me and I regret it. I like them all to match on the shelf.

I thought they were regular gel polish and went to get mine done by someone I know. Turns out she trained on a gel polish course and now seems to think she can do extensions with this stuff. I didn’t like it at all. Was so thick and gloopy and the finish was nothing near as nice as when I use my gellux. Some people are just better at photo editing I think..I’d rather show my actual work. Also buying a load of new gels always annoys me and I regret it. I like them all to match on the shelf.

They sell hard gel, biab and gel polish.
If the nail tech you went to is doing extensions when she isn’t qualified then that’s her at fault, not the company or product. I doubt everyone using the product and showing good pics have edited them.

If she isn't trained in extensions then you can't blame the product for her lack of knowledge. Plenty of techs still use the brand and don't edit their pics.

Hi EllDaisy, I cant comment on what you'd be doing different from your Gelish Brand as I've not personally used any however, we use & have done for many years The Gel Bottle (with no issues) and we absolutely love the BIAB (super long lasting with amazing colour choice - awesome for Overlays) as well as their Hard Gel (Gel Pot No 3 & 5 are my fave!) & ALL the Gel Polish colour choices (££££££). Upload your relevant Cert to create an Account and try them out - IMHO, you and your clients will love the Brand.

Latest posts

Back