The Gel Bottle Inc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophiechap

Reaction score
Hello, I’m looking to change brands to the gel bottle inc as I have heard so many good things about it! I currently use gelish and am thinking of getting a few of tgb colours and base & top and trialling on my clients. Then if I really like it to go on the course. Can anyone else share their experiences with this brand? Is it easy to use? As I won’t be doing the course for a few weeks could anyone please advise of application? Thank you !

Before you invest you might want to dig a little deeper and read some of the latest not so positive reports about TGB. To be honest, I've been using their BIAB and some of their gel polishes for over 18 months and haven't personally had any issues but I have pretty much stopped using it for the time being because I am concerned about all the recent reports of nail techs, educators and even clients developing allergies and nail separation since using it. Their products are manufactured in China where they are not regulated to the extent they are in the EU regarding ingredients etc. Yes, their products last really well, but at what cost? I'm not keen on taking the risk anymore.
It's always easy to read all the positives about the brand, especially on their Facebook group because they won't approve any negative posts, but you should also be aware of the not so glowing reports so you can draw your own conclusion.

What she said [emoji677][emoji5]

Thank you for your advice, unfortunately I had already done an order before I saw this response :( but luckily I only ordered 2 colours so will just keep them for me! Just a quick question, when you cap the free edge with gel bottle did you do it first before applying product to the rest of the nail or after? Thanks x

Thank you for your advice, unfortunately I had already done an order before I saw this response :( but luckily I only ordered 2 colours so will just keep them for me! Just a quick question, when you cap the free edge with gel bottle did you do it first before applying product to the rest of the nail or after? Thanks x

To be honest I cap the free edge after applying the product (each coat), when I have less product in the brush, but I know some do it first to avoid a bulky free edge but I don't think it really matters, just do what works for you. The big thing to remember with TGB though is "thick to stick!" - it needs to be applied quite a bit thicker than most other brands. The other thing to watch is curing. I'm guessing you will be using your existing lamp if you're not now planning to invest in the brand? I have read quite a few posts about techs having problems curing with the Gelish lamp and it's problems like this that can lead to over exposure to under cured product, causing allergies in the future. This isn't ideal obviously, but if you're just using it on yourself where time isn't such an issue, it'd be a good idea to double cure each layer I guess. TGB went for a long time without having their own lamp and they told nail techs any 48w lamp would cure their products. This was incorrect advice and they have since brought out their own lamp, but I can't help but think that a lot of the problems they seem to be having at the moment could well be due to nail techs undercurung the gel in lamps that hadn't been tested with their products.

I use TGB and I’m keen to read these recent reviews....
Can you tell me where they are please?

I use TGB and I’m keen to read these recent reviews....
Can you tell me where they are please?

Hi, if you haven’t found it yet there is a group on face book called nail technicians allergy support group this has a lot of info on the recent concerns around the gel bottle ... it makes a very concerning read x

Latest posts

Back