The Gel Bottle Inc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catmoreton

Reaction score
Hi, just looking for a little advice regarding the Gel Bottle Inc products. I have been looking at courses with all different companies for a few months, and really like the look of the gel bottle inc products from all that I have followed on Instagram and have looked into their training courses. I have read on here that people have had issues with the products causing allergic reactions and nail separation etc. Someone recommended a group on Facebook where all the issues have been posted but they rejected my request to join as I am not qualified yet. Does anyone have any advice regarding the products etc and any issues? The course and kit is over 1k so before I spend the money I wanted to find out if the issues have been resolved or if it is still a problem. TIA x

The Gel Bottle brand has recentlu undergone a reformulation and relaunch. The cynic in me would suggest this is because of the issues experienced by many techs despite the company pushing back and trying to blame the techs for the issues.

Personally in my view they've tainted themselves and their brand by not addressing the issues and I suspect regaining the trust will be a very tough task. Why would I use a product with known issues anda complete lack of support from the supplier and distributor.

Don't be seduced by pretty colours and deals, be completely secure in knowing your suppli6is 100% behind you and their products.

Thank you for the reply. They are actually the most expensive out of all the courses i have looked at. I had no idea there were any issues until I searched for the company on here. I think I shall go for a company who have been around longer such as CND. There's a lot on Instagram showing lovely nails and colours, I guess all isn't what it seems unfortunately

Would recommend CND all day every day and twice on a Sunday 😍 excellent products , excellent science and fantastic training and back up service. Good luck

I invested quite a lot in TGB myself and joined the Facebook group you mentioned as I have been trained for over 12 years. I have to say it’s very alarming what I have discovered on that group in terms of what other techs have experienced in the three or four years they have been using the products. Everything Trinity says above is correct. From my own point of view, if they had just held their hands up and admitted there was a ’potential’ problem with their product but that they would be re-formulating and relaunching then I may well have given them the chance and stayed with them. However, they kept blaming all of these issues on the nail techs themselves for many months and refusing to admit any blame. I have completely lost trust in them as a company. I have rebranded to INK London an they are a fantastic company and product.

I’m one of the many people (clients) who lost so much nail due to onycholysis and allergy because of TGB. I decided to do my own gel nail qualification a few months ago and I’m researching as much as I can before investing in an HEMA free brand fully myself. I’m still healing and we are in lockdown so there’s no clients for me to work on right now, and I can’t properly work on myself because... well there isn’t much nail left to work on. I’ve been following the threads on here about brand preferences and will continue following yours.

I did manage to find a Facebook and Instagram post from a salon last year with photographs of what had happened to the nails from using the products. They looked absolutely horrific, like the nails had melted off. I'm so glad I saw the post and have looked into it as I had the course and kit etc all in my basket ready to buy. Its hard to decide who to train with and also whether to go down the acrylic route or the gel extensions first. There are so many different opinions on courses and products

I did manage to find a Facebook and Instagram post from a salon last year with photographs of what had happened to the nails from using the products. They looked absolutely horrific, like the nails had melted off. I'm so glad I saw the post and have looked into it as I had the course and kit etc all in my basket ready to buy. Its hard to decide who to train with and also whether to go down the acrylic route or the gel extensions first. There are so many different opinions on courses and products
I’m not shocked, my nails are at the very start of healing: I only have about half a cm of healthy nail on each fingers. Most of my fingers I am having to trim away shorter and shorter as the onycholysis reaches the end of the nail bed. I’d post pictures but they’re horrific. I look like a zombie - it’s awful.

I’m not shocked, my nails are at the very start of healing: I only have about half a cm of healthy nail on each fingers. Most of my fingers I am having to trim away shorter and shorter as the onycholysis reaches the end of the nail bed. I’d post pictures but they’re horrific. I look like a zombie - it’s awful.
I’m really sorry to hear this 😢 To be honest though it would probably be really helpful to post pictures so people can really say what potentially could happen

I invested quite a lot in TGB myself and joined the Facebook group you mentioned as I have been trained for over 12 years. I have to say it’s very alarming what I have discovered on that group in terms of what other techs have experienced in the three or four years they have been using the products. Everything Trinity says above is correct. From my own point of view, if they had just held their hands up and admitted there was a ’potential’ problem with their product but that they would be re-formulating and relaunching then I may well have given them the chance and stayed with them. However, they kept blaming all of these issues on the nail techs themselves for many months and refusing to admit any blame. I have completely lost trust in them as a company. I have rebranded to INK London an they are a fantastic company and product.
You speak my truth too. I felt deceived and like am idiot I tagged them, promoting a brand who couldn't care less when I started having clients react. Very expensive mistake on my part...

I use the gel bottle and have done for around 6 years I’ve had one client have an issue and luckily it’s stayed at that long now use cnd on her, I use cjp for my acrylic system but they also have a gel polish range which is hema free I have around 10 of these at they seem quite good xx

I use the gel bottle and have done for around 6 years I’ve had one client have an issue and luckily it’s stayed at that long now use cnd on her, I use cjp for my acrylic system but they also have a gel polish range which is hema free I have around 10 of these at they seem quite good xx

Once one client reacts, it's likely that you'll have a surge of other clients react too. The scientists aren't exactly sure why, but this has been the case for a large number of techs using TGB.

This was around 3 years ago fingers crossed nobody else

Can I ask which HEMA free brand you use?

Hello! I’ve been reading this thread because I’m looking into doing a nail technician course! My friend uses bio sculpture and RAVES about them, they are a natural brand I believe! My issue is I work term time only so my time off isn’t fitting with the face to face classes :( I have TGB on my nails at the mo, and love it, love the colours etc like everyone says! I am just fortunate to not have had a reaction! But I’m also a nurse and think to myself- not worth the reaction and putting the risk to your clients! Based on what people are saying above :( sounds so awful! I really want to train with bio sculpture but the might have to do the online one but not sure that’s the best option for helping with technique!

There might be local
Hello! I’ve been reading this thread because I’m looking into doing a nail technician course! My friend uses bio sculpture and RAVES about them, they are a natural brand I believe! My issue is I work term time only so my time off isn’t fitting with the face to face classes :( I have TGB on my nails at the mo, and love it, love the colours etc like everyone says! I am just fortunate to not have had a reaction! But I’m also a nurse and think to myself- not worth the reaction and putting the risk to your clients! Based on what people are saying above :( sounds so awful! I really want to train with bio sculpture but the might have to do the online one but not sure that’s the best option for helping with technique!
The facebook group is always really helpful as well. Post pictures of your work or issues for tips. There may be local nail techs using same products that are willing to let you shadow them as well, is always worth asking!

Hello following on this thread. I am a newly qualified nail tech (July). I did not know about the white bottle problem till I joined the Facebook group. I had already purchased the Premier gels. I do not have reactions to nail products but I do to other things. The FB group has now made me even more cautious as I am a nurse myself. I therefore am researching as much as I can. I would like to fully invest in an hypoallergenic company ( I know nothing can be truly hypoallergenic). I am looking at IKON.QI but know the FB group have had problems with this company. I’m also looking at London ink and Nailchemy. I would really appreciate any advice about companies to make an informed decision about which company would be good a choice going forwards. Thanks

( I know nothing can be truly hypoallergenic). I am looking at IKON.QI but know the FB group have had problems with this company.
Cath, I would encourage you to widen your search on IKON.IQ, as you will find that IKON.IQ was the first European company to manufacture hypoallergenic products in 2009 and has been warning and educating about allergy risk for 13 years. We have over 90 published articles, judged at top international competitions and our educators have won over 200 international competition medals.

The company is highly respected internationally by its peers who know the company history and achievements.

Last edited:
Regarding onycholysis, I strongly recommend avoiding any primers, gels or gel polishes that contact acid ingredients.

Cath, I would encourage you to widen your search on IKON.IQ, as you will find that IKON.IQ was the first European company to manufacture hypoallergenic products in 2009 and has been warning and educating about allergy risk for 13 years. We have over 90 published articles, judged at top international competitions and our educators have won over 200 international competition medals.

The company is highly respected internationally by its peers who know the company history and achievements.
Thank you, I will fully look into IKON.IQ, what I have found up to now is very encouraging!

Latest posts

Back