The Gel Bottle not curing properly

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairstylist2010

Reaction score
Hi,

I contacted TGB directly and have been a qualified nail tech for 3 years with 0 complaints. I was told a 48w lamp was enough to cure, but I had a client back 3 times last week with flappy, sticky nails underneath.

I've spend £300+ on this new system, their nail lamp is out of stock and whilst I love the product I'm at a loss - my application follows theirs - no primer, buff, acetone wipe, rubber base, 1/2 fairly thick colour coats - 60 second cure per coat and their shiny top coat. Can anyone help? I've been trying to speak to their technical help but they just aren't responding. Not feeling very happy with a new system when the company don't want to seem to help either :/

So what lamp are you using? Your cure times sound unusual, although not unheard of, for a pro led or uv.

Stop applying fairly thick colour coats.

So what lamp are you using? Your cure times sound unusual, although not unheard of, for a pro led or uv.

Stop applying fairly thick colour coats.
TGB recommend thick coats of application. I'm using SUNUV4 48 UV LED Lamp

TGB recommend thick coats of application. I'm using SUNUV4 48 UV LED Lamp
Those are the timings they gave me too. 2 mins for uv, 1 for led. I use the CND led lamp which the gel bottle said is compatible with their system.

Did they confirm your lamp is compatible for a proper cure?

Have you tried a tad thinner?

I am familiar with the brand and application.

Apply it thinner. Not thin, thinner.

Light struggles to penetrate opaque gel, especially dark tones, so you need to cure less gel at once I.e. thinner application.

When I enquired they stated to follow the standard cure times for your light I.e. 30 secs in 18g gelish, 1 min led cnd etc. However, their website says 45 sec led 2 min uv so who knows.

Sun led isn't a professional light but I guess that's a different matter altogether...

Apply it thinner. Not thin, thinner.

Light struggles to penetrate opaque gel, especially dark tones, so you need to cure less gel at once I.e. thinner application.

When I enquired they stated to follow the standard cure times for your light I.e. 30 secs in 18g gelish, 1 min led cnd etc. However, their website says 45 sec led 2 min uv so who knows.

Sun led isn't a professional light but I guess that's a different matter altogether...
I find your tone quite patronising, i'm not going to spend £200 on an alternative lamp when I intend to buy their lamp the minute it drops.

I was aiming for cordial.

I thought you were maybe overthinking it as the solution is so simple. I've done it myself :)

Hello, did you get to the bottom of your issues, I’ve had a couple back recently although most of my clients are fine ( and it’s prob down to poor nails underneath), I feel like I’m missing a trick! Wish I could see more tutorials and get on some training to feel more confident.

It's not curing properly because it's a low quality brand.

All gel brands require its own nail lamp. For example, Shellac would require a CND LED lamp. Gel Bottle don't even have their own nail lamp.

It's not curing properly because it's a low quality brand.

All gel brands require its own nail lamp. For example, Shellac would require a CND LED lamp. Gel Bottle don't even have their own nail lamp.
Yes they do!

Yes they do!

I stand corrected.

anywho, that's the nail lamp you would want to use if you want to cure the gel properly. But it seems like a waste of money to me to invest money into the lamp if the polish is not that good.

Hi,

I contacted TGB directly and have been a qualified nail tech for 3 years with 0 complaints. I was told a 48w lamp was enough to cure, but I had a client back 3 times last week with flappy, sticky nails underneath.

I've spend £300+ on this new system, their nail lamp is out of stock and whilst I love the product I'm at a loss - my application follows theirs - no primer, buff, acetone wipe, rubber base, 1/2 fairly thick colour coats - 60 second cure per coat and their shiny top coat. Can anyone help? I've been trying to speak to their technical help but they just aren't responding. Not feeling very happy with a new system when the company don't want to seem to help either :/
I always cure for 120 seconds and do my layers a little thinner

I always cure for 120 seconds and do my layers a little thinner
Update ****** I have also started using the gel pot and it far outshines the builder in a bottle for strength, if you like the builders you could allway pop a couple if layers over the top x

Update ****** I have also started using the gel pot and it far outshines the builder in a bottle for strength, if you like the builders you could allway pop a couple if layers over the top x
Hi Sue,

Could you please tell me if I would need to purchase the rubber base coat if i am using the gel pot hard gel from the gel bottle ltd? I am looking to purchase the baby boomer set which includes the nude builder clear and white gel. Could you tell me if I need anything else? Thank u in advance!! [emoji4][emoji4]

Sun actually has a factory that produces the LED's, as well as manufacturing their own LED-UV lamps. They also manufacture for a number of well known brands.

Sun actually has a factory that produces the LED's, as well as manufacturing their own LED-UV lamps. They also manufacture for a number of well known brands.

I guess we have different parameters as to what constitutes a professional brand.

Sun Uv pride themselves on being the market leader on aliexpress. Their focus is quantity and they are not aiming for the professional market. They manufacture an economy line of consumer lamps which, to me, have no place in a salon.

Yes, they also manufacture for others. So do bluesky.

I've heard many professionals giving good reviews on their lamps. Also as someone pointed out they actually make lamps for well know brands. You're getting the exact same lamp just cheaper due to it being their name rather than say Gelish. I don't see why it's a big deal.

I guess we have different parameters as to what constitutes a professional brand.

Sun Uv pride themselves on being the market leader on aliexpress. Their focus is quantity and they are not aiming for the professional market. They manufacture an economy line of consumer lamps which, to me, have no place in a salon.

Yes, they also manufacture for others. So do bluesky.

I've heard many professionals giving good reviews on their lamps. Also as someone pointed out they actually make lamps for well know brands. You're getting the exact same lamp just cheaper due to it being their name rather than say Gelish. I don't see why it's a big deal.

I agree 100 per cent. Every company tell you to use there lamp. Nail products cost us technicians tons already. Most of us are small business they are self employed and work mobile or from home and do not have 100s of pounds to spend on a lamp. I own melody suzie and also the sun lamp and I love them both. I am looking to upgrade to a young Nails one but this has been hard work and a lot of saving. But I don’t see nothing wrong in anyone using these lamps like myself.

Hi Sue,

Could you please tell me if I would need to purchase the rubber base coat if i am using the gel pot hard gel from the gel bottle ltd? I am looking to purchase the baby boomer set which includes the nude builder clear and white gel. Could you tell me if I need anything else? Thank u in advance!! [emoji4][emoji4]
Gemma I apologise for not responding not been on here for ages and didn' receive a notification , I guess your sorted now but I always always use the rubber base on all clients I think this is the secret for minimal breakdown of service it' my one product I swear by , they do say you can use biab as a base as well but have not tried it that way , I know gel pot will defiantly not stick to the nail of put on alone without a base x

Gemma I apologise for not responding not been on here for ages and didn' receive a notification , I guess your sorted now but I always always use the rubber base on all clients I think this is the secret for minimal breakdown of service it' my one product I swear by , they do say you can use biab as a base as well but have not tried it that way , I know gel pot will defiantly not stick to the nail of put on alone without a base x
18th asdxss

Latest posts

Back