The Gel Bottle with other brand polishes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lmccarthy2806

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have recently looked in to the gel bottle company have herd really good reviews I like the idea of the rubber base and rubber top coat but can these be used with other gel polishes I.e shellac gelish gelertaion? I'm liking the fact you get the strength from the base and top but was wondering if I can still use my colours?

The gel bottle website says you can but I'm a little dubious?

Anybody had any good/bad experiences?

Thank you! X

Interested in this also

I've been using TGB BIAB on most my clients (and myself) for 3-4 months now, but I use INK and Cuccio gel polish. The advice I was given was to apply rubber Base on top of the BIAB, then apply my normal gel polish. Every single one of my clients is getting far longer wear, with (normally) no chips and definitely no lifting since using it this way, so I'm guessing it's worth a try using the rubber Base coat. I use INK and Cuccio top coats though so can't comment on TGB rubber top. I wouldn't normally want to mix brands but as the BIAB is classed as a builder I couldn't see how it would be any different than using another brand of hard gel. The gamble seems to have paid off so far!

Is this on the regular nail or on extensions?

Ok cool thanks and is it normal to use both as bases or do usually just one?
BIAB doesn't need a Base coat normally so you can literally just use that over natural nails wiped over with acetone. If you were using TGB gel polish straight on top you wouldn't need the rubber Base as well, I was just advised to use it because I was using a different brand of gel polish on top. I guess it must adhere better? X

I have a lot of other stock built up(colours) but looking for a harder wearing base and top so just trying to determine what to get!

Will also be using UV to cure!

I have a lot of other stock built up(colours) but looking for a harder wearing base and top so just trying to determine what to get!
If I'm honest I wouldn't normally mix bases and tops, it's only because I really wanted to try BIAB as I'd heard such good reviews, but I'm more than happy with INK for my gel polish so don't want to add yet another brand of gel polish. X

Which top coat would you use if mixing the BIAB and a Gelish gel colour? Gelish or a TGB one? Then file, and soak off as normal?

Which top coat would you use if mixing the BIAB and a Gelish gel colour? Gelish or a TGB one? Then file, and soak off as normal?

I've stopped using TGB products now, but when I was using BIAB I would remove inhibition layer, apply base coat of the gel polish brand (INK), cure with INK lamp, then gel polish then INK top coat so each system was complete and cured in the correct lamp.

Thanks so much!

How can TGB say it's ok to use different brands of gel polish over their builder? Do you use two different lamps to do this?

How can TGB say it's ok to use different brands of gel polish over their builder? Do you use two different lamps to do this?

When I used TGB (which I don't any more) I used 2 different lamps. So treating each system as a whole. I was taught that once you have your finished overlay product on the nails with the inhibition layer removed, it doesn't matter what brand gel polish brand you put on top as long as you use the entire system and cure with the correct lamp.

** in fairness I think this has always referred to L&P or hard gel overlays. I'm not so sure if these new builders in a Bottle can or should be used in the same way as technically they are only a base coat.

Latest posts

Back