the gel!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trace

Reaction score
hi every1,
was just wondering what gel every1 uses as i am coming to the end my mine,wanted to try a new gel product! so please help me oh and can i have price to!! (dont ask 4 much do i lol)
thank-you
love trace xxx :D

Well for what it is worth, I recommend Faze (one component gel) from Designer Nails. It is crystal clear, it is strong, it is very low heat and it is a very reasonable price. What more could anyone ask for?

hi there,thank-you for the reply. would i be able to buy this product as i am not as yet CND trained.
thank-you
love from trace xx :D

Hi Trace,

Faze is not a Creative product and yes you would be able to purchase on proof of certification which we require from everyone as always.

hi daft question but does one component gel mean the same as one phase gel???? i am looking for a one phase gel similar to nsi's new gel that is self levelling, does faze do this????? vicky

nailtiqe said:
hi daft question but does one component gel mean the same as one phase gel????

Hey Vick... it should do yes... though I am unfamiliar with their new gel so I would hate for you to take it to the bank ;)

One component means that the same gel is used for base, build and top coat.
I presume that One Phase means the same?

Hi,

Akzentz do several gels, and one of them is called Trilite. It is a one component gel and it comes it clear and in transluscent pink. It is self-levelling, extremely strong and IMHO is one of the best gels I have used so far. I think it costs about £14 £15 + vat for a 14g pot.

Nats.

hi sorry to but in but who are akzent where are they based
cheers

They are based in Canada but there is a supplier in the UK www.nailsplusbeauty.com (01273 677 993). Karen is in Brighton and is a great source of information. They do various gels so you can really tailor your service but all gels are compatible with one another. They have 3 different whites (builder white - real strong and NOT runny! :D - french white and ultra white) plus a Paint-On white that you apply like a polish after you have done your fill. They have a builder gel, a modelling gel and 3 different top gloss, one of which is a really wicked opalescent pink :shock: ... And the best of the best is the Trilite... which comes in clear and in pink.
I can say they are very strong, very versatile and do not yellow. If applied properly, they last and last and last and ..... :rolleyes: which means you don't see your clients that often

Hi everyone

I have been using Akzentz gel now for a couple of months, first prize to the model gel it is so strong. I have a client who owns a cattery (cat lit, cages etc) and she has tried everything before. Since using the model gel she now keeps her nails intact from week to week.
I have not had much success yet with the Trilite but that must be down to me as everyone else raves about it.
I am also a Bio Sculpture Tech and like everyone I agree it is great for natural nails.

Lynda

I don't suppose the Aktentz gel soaks off does it? I'm just really scared of using gels which have to be filed off! :twisted: Also it's time consuming and creates too much dust but I wouldn't mind finding a gel which is stronger than my usual Bio Sculpture for use on tips or sculptures :?

Like you, I'm a Bio Gel gal, but I've just ordered a pot of the new Trilite gel by Akzentz... can't wait to try it out. Someone told me that even after a month there were still no areas lifting.

I guess you have to weigh up the pros & cons - you are saving time by not having clients come back to you every other day with lifting, but when it comes to removal it will take longer than a soak-off.

? Probably a daft question here, but hey if you don't ask....can someone please tell me the difference between a building and modeling gel. Is one designed more for sculpting, the other for creating the shape? Or can they both be used for either?

Sorry for appearing like the above gels...thick lol

Thanks
Sue x

Hi,

Don't know for all the gels, but in the case of Akzentz, builder and modelling gels are fairly similar. Builder seems slightly stronger and is thicker and also doesn't really self-level as such. Modelling is a bit more self-levelling and not as strong as builder. Trilite is strong, self-levelling and thinner than the other 2 gels, hence require a quicker application when building. Been using them for a few weeks now and the way I decide which to use is as follow
1/ check strength of client's nails and ask questions about health, medication....
2/ discuss the length they want to achieve
3/ discuss their hobbies, work, anything that can affect the nails
4/ decide gel(s) to use:
* for longer extensions, people "heavy handed" I tend to use Builder then a coat of Trilite
* for shorter extensions, "gentler" people I'll use Modelling + Trilite
* for people who have had extensions before I'll go straight to Trilite
But all that is only for the first set, as after that I only use Trilite...

BTW, they also do a natural gel for natural nail overlays.

Now, it might be a daft question, :oops: , but why are you afraid of filing gels? When they have been applied properly, there is very little filing to do... Am I missing something?? :shock:

hi girls...im also afraid of filing gels...scared ile damage the natural nail i guess...whilst i was training i over filed both mine and my fiance sisters nail and they both have a clear dip now...im petrified ile over file...so im looking for a gel that will soak off too...any tips on which one's???? vicx

Same here - I'm also scared of filing the natural nail! Also I get an allergy quite easily when I'm doing a nail service which creates a lot of dust so the less the better for me 8) So I take it the Alkzentz does have to be filed off :?:

...filing off it is for Akzentz!!

But can I just say....
I have found the Akzentz very easy to file.
I buffed off one just to try it - coz I had the same concerns as you guy's. I started with a 180 grit & quickly moved onto my 240 calgel spongeboard. Upon getting close to the nat nail I just kept wiping away the dust so I could see where I was. I buffed up the final thin layer of gel as protection to the nat nail. This process on 1 finger only took about 2 - 3 mins which is a lot quicker than soaking off acrylic!!!

If you just wanna try it - the trial kit is only 'bout £18, so it's not a lot to splash out on (an if you like it, it's LOADS cheaper than Calgel & Bio Sculpt).

If you are a sculpting tek, I would not recommend Calgel, but Akentz seems well up for it 8)

The fact that you have over-filed your own nails in the past is kinda a good thing - it make you more vigilant (I know - I've been there too!!)

Cheers,

Fi XoX

PS.
another thing I noticed - it doesn't appear to create as much friction as L&P ergo there is not as much heat :D

hi has any of u guys used or use faze gel???? how do u find that for getting off????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back