The Golden Gift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Love this moving story so wanted to share it.

The Golden Gift

Some time ago, a friend of mine punished his 3 year old daughter for wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper. Money was tight, and he became infuriated when the child tried to decorate a box. Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift to her father the next morning and said, "This is for you daddy." He was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared again when he found that the box was empty. He yelled at her, "Don't you know that when you give some one a present, there's supposed to be something inside of it?"

The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and said, "Oh, Daddy, it's not empty. I blew kisses into the box. All for you, Daddy." The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little girl and he begged her forgiveness.

My friend told me that he kept that gold box by his bed for years. Whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.

I am tearful :o

That reminded me so much of the country song called "no charge" and it brought tears to my eyes too

Oh how sweet................... makes me all tearfull xxxx

:cry: i am definatley having a mummy moment,that is so sweet ,aint it sad that sometimes we dont appreciate our kids,and how much they love us !!

:cry: that was very moving and thought provoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back