The good, the bad and the ugly-Gelish colours!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant get Pink Smoothie to go on without streaking either, I took it on my course and my trainer did just fine with it so its obviously something im doing wrong! I have it on my colour wheel with ambience over the top and a few clients have had it that way.

I have problems with Pink Smoothie going streaky too. Could you tell me what you ix it which to make it a pale purple please? That sounds really nice ... x
I would like to know this too, I don't like the way it looks streaky and find it one of my least popular x

The good:

Carnaval Hangover
Sugar N Spice & Everything Nice
Gossip Girl
Night Reflection
High Voltage

(as you can see, lots of pink fan clients!)

The bad:
Most of the EFX range (izzy wizzy gets regular use but not the others)
Midnight Caller which i love but not many others seem to!

The ugly:

Tickle my heart i have recently got and hate :(
Go Girl and its fading to grey... i added a bit of another colour to make it a nicer colour
Pink smoothie, which was always streaky whatever i did, as above i change the colour and it made a lovely pale purple

The easiest way i've found to shift the odd ones, is to wear them. Some people just cant imagine them on from the colour pops but love them when they see them on me xx

Midnight Caller is great under Stand Out.
It covers so well in one coat it is great under most of the translucent colours.x

I was disappointed with medieval madness. I researched before I bought and thought it looked a nice grey colour in pictures, but it's got a green tinge to it, and no one has ever chose it :( xxx

I get loads of clients choosing that one! Strange....

Scrap that! Got confused with another colour. Duh!

I love Gelish but i have to say the nudes can be a waste of time cause no one seems to want them although most can be used in french applications, but i am gonna try layering them over other colors also, so i don't waste the product and i agree...the gelish color chart is not acurrate to the colors in the bottles....I think this is something Nail Harmony need to look at and give advice on getting the full use of thier color range. I.m sure it would be a great benefit to nail techs and nail harmoney biz.
All in all ...Gelish is a great product, i guess it's up to us Nail techs to experiment a little too :)

Nice thread :)

I cant get Pink Smoothie to go on without streaking either, I took it on my course and my trainer did just fine with it so its obviously something im doing wrong! I have it on my colour wheel with ambience over the top and a few clients have had it that way.

I haven't really played with Gelish but with most "streaky" colors I find using a hair more on the brush helps. Floating the bead as they say. keeping from dragging the brush over the nail.

Most Popular;

Good Gossip
Tiger Blossom
Passion
Black Cherry Berry
Tiki tiki Laranga
Passion
Ocean Wave - Only after I started wearing it myself
Light Elegant
Bella's Vampire with Good Gossip over the top.
June Bride

Least Popular;
Go girl - only one client had this and it discoloured badly on her went all paler and yellowy. When I came to remove it discovered it wasn't the topcoat either was the actual colour:irked:.
Tassels - Is this even a colour? Just looks like nothingness to me when applied
Moroccan Nights - Sent this back to Harmony as really wasn't what i expected when it came
Mint Icing - Although a lot of people have commented what a nice colour it is I haven't even done one!

Am hoping to get some more colours at Beauty UK in May:). Hate ordering them online as they never look the same.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your replies, really interesting to hear everyones experiences.
my new 'want' list includes rendezvous, midnight caller and gossip girl

has anybody got
- up in the blue?
- snow bunny?
if so what dya think of them?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Rendezvous and gossip girl are really popular colours. I love midnight caller but only used it once x

Good:
Tiger blossom
Standout
Bellas vampire
Night reflection
Red roses
Black cherry berry
Caution
Deep sea
Sweet chocolate
Gossip girl
Good gossip
Passion
Rendezvous
Midnight caller - with glitter
Samuri

Bad:
Any neon colour
Mint icing
Allure
Magneto - definitely. I dont like them.

Ugly
Ivory coast
Smoothie pink
Medieval madness - total disappointment

Gelish just did not do well with the greiges and beiges. That is why I also have some of Artistic colour range who have captured those perfectly.

I purchased Rendezvous and night reflection today after this very helpful thread love both of them and used them today thanks girls X

I purchased Rendezvous and night reflection today after this very helpful thread love both of them and used them today thanks girls X

Two great colours, very popular with my ladies, do you have Starburst because that looks great over 2 coats of Night Reflection.

Two great colours, very popular with my ladies, do you have Starburst because that looks great over 2 coats of Night Reflection.

Thanks very much for tip hun have starburst so will try it Tom on my nail pops x

Thanks very much for tip hun have starburst so will try it Tom on my nail pops x

I had it on my nails and loads of my ladies wanted it too, its like the colour of cadburys purple, gorgeous x

Most popular: starburst, night reflection, Bella's vampire, good gossip, rendevouz, tiger blossom, stand out. I personally love elegant wish. Hate go girl, glamour queen and reserve which I just got. Might send it back! Haven't used deep sea but might put it on myself.

I had it on my nails and loads of my ladies wanted it too, its like the colour of cadburys purple, gorgeous x

Thanks kattyj xxx

Most popular: starburst, night reflection, Bella's vampire, good gossip, rendevouz, tiger blossom, stand out. I personally love elegant wish. Hate go girl, glamour queen and reserve which I just got. Might send it back! Haven't used deep sea but might put it on myself.

Ive probably used Deep Sea once, thought it would be really popular, Reserve & Go Girl not been popular either but Glamour Queen has been most popular with my more mature clients.

Thanks everyone for your replies, really interesting to hear everyones experiences.
my new 'want' list includes rendezvous, midnight caller and gossip girl

has anybody got
- up in the blue?
- snow bunny?
if so what dya think of them?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I use Up In the Blue all the time! Really pretty layered with Champagne over the top. Most of my clients want it on their toes, too. It's adorable with white polka dots....lol

I hated Reserve on it's own too......Mix in a little Gossip Girl into your Reserve & you will get a beautiful soft pink. I have had to buy another bottle now I mixed it & it stood idle for ages before that.

Also hasn't faded on anyone either!

I'm about to invest in a few Gelish... I'm thinking Tiger Blossom and Bella's Vampire for definite. Also a bright fuchsia colour, and white and a sheer for French. I already have Spicy Fortune which is lovely red colour.

this thread is really helpful for beginners!

X

Latest posts

Back