The good, the bad and the ugly-Gelish colours!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickij

Reaction score
the title says it all, but what I'd really like to know is which colours do you wish you'd never bought.

the colours that nobody ever chooses!

I mean after all their not cheap and there's so many to choose from these days, it's a shame to buy one for it to just sit there looking ugly.

Here's my findings: lol

The Good: colours that are so popular i wish they'd choose something more original
* exhale
* samuri
* french
* bellas vampire

The Bad (choice): colours i have that I love but people seldom choose:
* tiger blossom
* passion
(shocking i know)

The Ugly: colours i've ordered that have been completly pointless and wish i'd saved my pennies
* tassles
* vanilla silk

But still, I am in the process of narrowing down my next few choices for the next order and have exhasted the threads on here for suggestions of nice colours and just wanted to check if there were any you guys would suggest avoiding, coz we all know they look nothing like the swatch card

thanks

xxx

My most popular are

Passion
Gossip girl
Red roses
Tiger Blossum
Go girl.... I actually get bored of doing so many of these!!

I never get to use.....
Mint icing
Ocean wave
Need a tan

Tiger blossom is my most popular, followers by Bellas Vampire. The worst is reserve, clients say it looks like nicotine stained nails so I layer it. 2 coats of sweet chocolate with a reserve on top.

I wanted a granny colour but I went a step too far. :biggrin:

All of my clients chose bellas vampire. My totally useless colour is tumberline violet. No one has wanted it to date.

I have clients who also say Reserve is like nicotine stained nails, its funny how we all have different good and bad ones, Tiger blossom and Passion are really popular for me in the summer but Ive not yet had one client pick Go Girl or Pink Smoothie.

Bellas Vampire, Gossip Girl, Good Gossip (at Christmas), Sweet Chocolate, Night Reflection and Tutti Frutti have been my most popular.

Yea it's funny how different clientele like different colours... although I love them both i have literally had one person chose passion and zero for tiger blossom... weird! to be fair tho i only started the gelish last autumn so maybe it'll be a summertime thing. :)

Yea it's funny how different clientele like different colours... although I love them both i have literally had one person chose passion and zero for tiger blossom... weird! to be fair tho i only started the gelish last autumn so maybe it'll be a summertime thing. :)

I do think its a summertime thing, I barely use Passion, Gossip Girl or Tiger Blossom when its winter and cold, clients then usually go for the darker colours or the more nude subtle colours but most of them are starting to say now that they want the brighter ones when the weather picks up.

:biggrin: That's a really good OP.

I agree with some and not others. Vanilla Silk........ waste of time and my money!! :biggrin: As are You're so Sweet and Tickle my heart.

My most popular are Tiger Blossom, Carnival hangover, Black Cherry Berry, Just in case tomorrow never comes, Good Gossip, Night reflection, Tutti Frutti & Princess Tiara.

Good layering ones that layer really well over others..... Izzy Wizzy lets get Busy and June Bride.

Magneto I was unsure of, but it has been hugely popular and I love it.

My most popular colours so far are go girl, hot rod red, good gossip (at xmas) and black cherry berry:Love:

My worst colours so far are Deep sea, Exhale and glamour queen. :sad:

My most popular colours so far are go girl, hot rod red, good gossip (at xmas) and black cherry berry:Love:

My worst colours so far are Deep sea, Exhale and glamour queen. :sad:

I hardly use Deep Sea either, do you have many older clients? I find they really like Glamour Queen and has been really popular with them, and my clients who have really really short nails usually go for glamour queen too, looks really pretty with twinkle over the top.

I have some colours that have never been used apart from painting a colour pop, can't really think which ones at the moment, but have you tried wearing some of your least popular colours. I find that some just look different when it's on and clients usually say, Ooh what have you got on?? Worth a try!!

I was disappointed with medieval madness. I researched before I bought and thought it looked a nice grey colour in pictures, but it's got a green tinge to it, and no one has ever chose it :( xxx

Some Geeks have taken their otherwise redundant colours and added a few drops of another colour to make a whole new shade. I've no idea what NH advise about this, as I have never tried it myself. I'm sure there is a thread on the Gelish group about it.

Last edited:
the funny thing is after starting this thread on sunday night and saying that nobodys ever chosen tiger blossom... first client of the day (monday) was a gelish and thats the colour she wanted! weird or what... can't say it was down to the summery weather coz it pee'd it down all day yesterday. x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

the funny thing is after starting this thread on sunday night and saying that nobodys ever chosen tiger blossom... first client of the day (monday) was a gelish and thats the colour she wanted! weird or what... can't say it was down to the summery weather coz it pee'd it down all day yesterday. x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek
Lol xxx

the title says it all, but what I'd really like to know is which colours do you wish you'd never bought.

the colours that nobody ever chooses!

I mean after all their not cheap and there's so many to choose from these days, it's a shame to buy one for it to just sit there looking ugly.

Here's my findings: lol

The Good: colours that are so popular i wish they'd choose something more original
* exhale
* samuri
* french
* bellas vampire

The Bad (choice): colours i have that I love but people seldom choose:
* tiger blossom
* passion
(shocking i know)

The Ugly: colours i've ordered that have been completly pointless and wish i'd saved my pennies
* tassles
* vanilla silk

But still, I am in the process of narrowing down my next few choices for the next order and have exhasted the threads on here for suggestions of nice colours and just wanted to check if there were any you guys would suggest avoiding, coz we all know they look nothing like the swatch card

thanks

xxx

I didn't get asked for Tiger Blossom till I layered it with Tafetta which calmed it down a little.
Also layered it with Red Roses for a coral colour. Also popular in the summer.

Least popular:
Princess Tiara

Most popular
Stand Out
Gossip Girl

My least popular are reserve, mint icing, need a tan, ivory coast, ocean wave, medieval madness and the green and yellow neons, I've also found the magnetos a bit of a waste as only ever used each colour once. Most popular are gossip girl, night reflection, the new candy land darker pink and midnight caller x

My least popular are reserve, mint icing, need a tan, ivory coast, ocean wave, medieval madness and the green and yellow neons, I've also found the magnetos a bit of a waste as only ever used each colour once. Most popular are gossip girl, night reflection, the new candy land darker pink and midnight caller x

I agree with all of that apart from the Magneto range which is really popular at the moment and a lot are having one colour and then trying the others. Not sure how long it will last, but it has been great so far.

I am about to order the new Candy land darker pink.

The good:

Carnaval Hangover
Sugar N Spice & Everything Nice
Gossip Girl
Night Reflection
High Voltage

(as you can see, lots of pink fan clients!)

The bad:
Most of the EFX range (izzy wizzy gets regular use but not the others)
Midnight Caller which i love but not many others seem to!

The ugly:

Tickle my heart i have recently got and hate :(
Go Girl and its fading to grey... i added a bit of another colour to make it a nicer colour
Pink smoothie, which was always streaky whatever i did, as above i change the colour and it made a lovely pale purple

The easiest way i've found to shift the odd ones, is to wear them. Some people just cant imagine them on from the colour pops but love them when they see them on me xx

The good:

Carnaval Hangover
Sugar N Spice & Everything Nice
Gossip Girl
Night Reflection
High Voltage

(as you can see, lots of pink fan clients!)

The bad:
Most of the EFX range (izzy wizzy gets regular use but not the others)
Midnight Caller which i love but not many others seem to!

The ugly:

Tickle my heart i have recently got and hate :(
Go Girl and its fading to grey... i added a bit of another colour to make it a nicer colour
Pink smoothie, which was always streaky whatever i did, as above i change the colour and it made a lovely pale purple

The easiest way i've found to shift the odd ones, is to wear them. Some people just cant imagine them on from the colour pops but love them when they see them on me xx

I have problems with Pink Smoothie going streaky too. Could you tell me what you ix it which to make it a pale purple please? That sounds really nice ... x

Latest posts

Back