The hand you can't paint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffPaintPolish

Reaction score
I'm right handed and I'm great at sculpting and painting my left hand, however I find it near impossible to use my left hand to paint my right. How do you get around it/deal/cope with it? xx

I hav this problem! Usually my left hand is full of prettys and my right is plain lol.. Xx

The honest answer is the more you do it the better you will get. Also take your time and steady your hand/wrist against a table or still surface.

I can now paint my right & left hands to look almost the same (well the last time I tried I could anyway). I'm going to be trying out Vinylux on myself for a night out soon, so I'm hoping I can still do both hands as well as I used to lol.

Just did my own Easter nails and it took me a while hahahahah if I look closely it's not as good as right but the more you do the better you will get I think.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Start with your weakest hand as you'll have more patience when first starting out, take your time to steady yourself, don't drink coffee beforehand and loads & loads of practice!

In a way I'm lucky! I've lost a ring finger on my right hand, it's doesn't effect me on a daily basis but it means that I have one less nail to on my "wrong" hand lol. There's always a silver lining if you look for it.

Karaxxx

Last edited:
I always start with my right hand first. I find I have more patience when I first start out.

Start with your weakest hand as you'll have more patience when first starting out, take your time to steady yourself, don't drink coffee beforehand and loads & loads of practice!

In a way I'm lucky! I've lost a ring finger on my right hand, it's doesn't effect me on a daily basis but it means that I have one less nail to on my "wrong" hand lol. There's always a silver lining if you look for it.

Karaxxx

I agree start with your 'wrong' hand first! I actually find that hand ends up better than the one I can do bizarrely :)

I used to spend hours trying to do nail art on my non dominant hand, this is what made my hand so steady. Sorry I can't help more but it really is practice makes perfect. I always tried the most intricate nail art - if I could do that then stripes would be a doddle.

xx

Thankyou so much, after reading this I today started with my wrong hand first and they actually look pretty good! Thanks again :)

Poppits!

Mobile nail tech in training!
Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I've took your advice and it helped soooooo much! Ace job! xx

I always start doing my right hand too using my wrong hand first. I completely cure and finish base coat, 2 coats, top coat on this hand before I start my left hand nails so I don't have the extra awkwardness of smudging. It's as broad as it is long and find it much easier! I find my right hand can sometimes look better than my left as it takes more care and attention! 💞

Beccalou

Latest posts

Back