The "Heated Mitts" debate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire@OBNMK

Reaction score
The using heated mitts debate is very interesting.

I've found using heated mitts very useful for removing Gelish, but i must add I am a little concerned.

I have a wheat bag at home and whilst it's ok i guess the one i have is not very effective. I think for the heat to be effective for helping to loosen gel the fingers need to be surrounded by heat, and with the wheatbag just sitting on top a lot of heat escapes (well thats my theory anyway)

So i got searching on the internet, I typed in "Wheat bag gloves" but didn't come up with much, but i came across "heated gloves for arthritis", basically gloves/mitts with wheat inside that you heat up in the microwave. (found them on Amazon, they are the red ones, £9 or £10 each) (I didn't put up the link cos I'm not sure if I'm allowed to)

Sounds like a good idea to me, so I'd thought I'd share what I've found. x

Last edited:
Last edited:
They look really good. I think I'll have some of those too. (The debate was about acetone with heated mitts not just about heated mitts).... I'm liking what you have found. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

They look really good. I think I'll have some of those too. (The debate was about acetone with heated mitts not just about heated mitts).... I'm liking what you have found. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

yeh i know, it's going to be a lengthy thread i think.

glad u liked my find, i hope they are good mine should come next week.

I got some really nice purple ones from thewheatbagstore.com I find them really useful for gelish and bio sculpture removal, particularly for people with naturally cold hands (my mum mostly!).

I got some really nice purple ones from thewheatbagstore.com I find them really useful for gelish and bio sculpture removal, particularly for people with naturally cold hands (my mum mostly!).

That's brilliant, I never knew about these until I came upon them accidently.
These ones are even better (bum wish I got these ones now :( )

Thanks for the link x

Thanks for the link...these look ideal and I may even get some for my Mums arthritic hands too ;)

That's ok, don't forget to check out thewheatbagstore.com there's look nice too and might work out a bit cheaper x

I have just ordered some for my nan x I use Shellac so don't need them at work but I am sure they will help nan with her arthritic bones and constantly cold hands! Thanks hun! x

One nice thing to come out of this thread is I have ordered some wheat bag mitts fir my mum who had severe Raynauds syndrome , still won't be using them with Shellac removal though ! lol

One nice thing to come out of this thread is I have ordered some wheat bag mitts fir my mum who had severe Raynards syndrome , still won't be using them with Shellac removal though ! lol

Hope they help your mum.

I use gelish and it's such a bugger to remove at times so a little warmth is my freind :)

Back in the 90's we were the first nail product distributor in the UK to distribute wheat mitts. They were black corduroy with the CND logo on them ... Sold thousands of them and I still use them myself for manicures.

I actually detest using electric mitts ... They do the job fine, but I hate the stupid electric cords and plugging them in and out ... Inevitably clients will move and the cords will sweep something over or off my desk ....

Give me cordless mitts every time; plus they are soft and cosy and not plastic that goes hard with use etc. I highly recommend them.

Back in the 90's we were the first nail product distributor in the UK to distribute wheat mitts. They were black corduroy with the CND logo on them ... Sold thousands of them and I still use them myself for manicures.

I actually detest using electric mitts ... They do the job fine, but I hate the stupid electric cords and plugging them in and out ... Inevitably clients will move and the cords will sweep something over or off my desk ....

Give me cordless mitts every time; plus they are soft and cosy and not plastic that goes hard with use etc. I highly recommend them.

Yes, my electric mitts work very well but they are soooo bulky and take up a lot of room on my small desk.

Is it possible to heat them in a cabby/hot towel heater?
Just thinking, I'd love to use for my clients hands with their Almond Spa Masque. Would be lovely!

Going by the link it says "glove" so do you only get 1 glove not 2?

These look fantastic! I got a pair of feet ones for Christmas last year from one of my friends and always wear them when I'm taking gelish off my toes (just to keep my feet warm really haha) and it always comes off so easily!

Going to buy some mitts for taking off gelish and probably some for my mam who's a hairdresser and gets bad arthritis from having her hands in water so much! So thank you so much for bringing the mitts to my attention!

http://bit.ly/1fr9Bqp here's some mitts and slippers for less than £10 :) they also come in baby pink xx

Going by the link it says "glove" so do you only get 1 glove not 2?

Yeh you get one, so maybe by going to thewheatbagstore.com instead as they come in pairs, and works out about £4 cheaper (I'll edit my thread at the top)

Better pop over and catch up with the original heated mitts thread. Just had expert advice given by an expert in the field.

Better pop over and catch up with the original heated mitts thread. Just had expert advice given by an expert in the field.

Okey dokey, will do, ta geeg x

Haha, I love how there's a spin- off thread :D

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back