The history of nail/salon geek

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
I was just thinking how long has salon geek been going?.Who has been here from the very beginning and still posts regularly.

I joined about this time last year and everyday there were the same people some of which i have noticed are now missing, is that a general trend do people tend to do about a year or so and then lose interest ,Or maybe have nothing more to gain or add.

what a great thread Gill, i joined in jan and i too noticed some people who havent posted for ages, and often find threads going back at least 3 years wonder, how long ago it was started etc

<<<sits back and wait for replies xxxxxxx

I joined in January, only because we didn't have internet access in the house before then. . . . it was the first site I visited because I'd read about it in Prof Nails. It has every bit lived up to my expectations, no, it's well exceeded them :hug:

LOL doesn't time fly when you are a geek.............. I joined this little community on the 12th of January 2003.................So thats pretty much from the beginning and yes I am still here every day lol..............

Geeks Rock XXXX

I read about this site time and time again in Scratch and one day thought,right,I will try it.

It was approx 2 yrs ago and I have found a wealth of advice.I can honestly say I have never looked back.:)

I joined august 2003....quite by accident i was doing the en home learn course and in the box was a professional nails magazine....with info about Salon Geek now known as the nail geek...and thank the lord i found it or............i would have just done the home learn and never known about any other courses, products and would have thrown the towel in a long time ago.........

i joined 29 feb 2004. And must say I have learned loads since joining.

Rich found the site,registered me,then i went on it thinking right i bet this is rubbish.....i wrong was i...:eek::lol:

If it wasnt for this site i wouldnt have learnt so many things...and some friendships for this lonely old soul:hug:

Nowadays Rich asks me how are you hun and hows geek land,when he walks through the door:green:

This site can teach you so many things,not just nail and beauty related....it can really make a difference,and it has to me...i will never bore for being educated:idea::)

I joined 17th Jan 2003, 5 days after Ruth, so also been here pretty much from the start:)

Sometimes geeks do disappear for a while but I think it's mostly down to personal circumstances, I haven't been on much in the last 9 months but that was down to domestic circumstance.

I was mostly geeking through my mobile - not easy I can tell you!!!!!

Even though I was already an Educator when I joined, this site has taught me loads about our industry and it's been fantastic to be able to help others along the way:)

Missed you again on Thursday Fionaxxxx

Hope you are settled in your new home xxxx

I joined a few years ago after a google search for college research, I have learned the most amazing amount here and would not have my business without it.

Just wish there was another way to become a Premmie again without using Paypal:irked:

I joined in 2003 and the site was tiny when I first arrived just a very small group of us and some but not many are still around today. We have seen many formats and updates and lots of members join in that time :)

I love to click on navigation....forums...then nail geek...then last (top right hand corner)...it will take you to page 1274...(dated feb 03) then gradually work yourself forward to now....the real old ones are closed but go forward to about 1271 and they are still readable....some great reading in there...will keep you entertained for days.

I was just thinking how long has salon geek been going?.Who has been here from the very beginning and still posts regularly.

I logon every single day - I probably could count on one hand how many times I haven't :lol:

Despite logging on everyday, I don't always post - but enjoy reading the posts :green:

I joined about this time last year and everyday there were the same people some of which i have noticed are now missing, is that a general trend do people tend to do about a year or so and then lose interest ,Or maybe have nothing more to gain or add.

Some geeks come and go, others lives change and they don't have as much available time as they used to have, rather than lose interest! (I know that this is the MAIN reason I don't input as much as I sometimes have!)

Sometimes, I don't post because I haven't anything to add to a post which is up and running - it's all been said already or said before in a different thread.

I believe, I still have plenty to add personally - (not always nail or salon related as most of the current thinking is out there already) but from other areas of business and personal life.

However, sometimes when you have a tumbleweed moment then it is quite disheartening (and before anyone jumps on me - as I have said before, in these cases I tend to delete them! no point taking up bandwidth lol).

Other times, I am wary of saying the "wrong or right thing" when I am not sure of a geeks personality, so again may refrain from posting rather than jump in with two feet :lol:

I love to click on navigation....forums...then nail geek...then last (top right hand corner)...it will take you to page 1274...(dated feb 03) then gradually work yourself forward to now....the real old ones are closed but go forward to about 1271 and they are still readable....some great reading in there...will keep you entertained for days.

Angie, I don't do it that way but I do do lots of searches and there is some fantastic stuff out there to read, laugh, learn and cry about/with!

So that is another reason why I don't always post - I'm too wrapped up in reading the "OLD STUFF" :lol:

I believe that there are plenty of geeks who joined in the early days of the geek that still do come and read, but just don't have the time to post like they used to :hug:

Hopefully in years to come, you will still have me going on and you will be reading me :lol: :lol: but who knows :wink2::wink2::lol::lol:

i joined the site way back in 2003 ... where are the yrs going??....lol
i do check the site more or less daily but dont post like i used to...... if i feel my input is needed then i will.... im nt as addicted to geeking like i used to be.... but sometimes ill have a day when i keep geeking other times i do go on at all.....

I also joined at the beginning in 2003.

Yes I have watched peeps come and grow and go. THAT is what this site is all about. Learning, Growing, helping new ones to become successful and when they are you can always tell, because they are too busy (or too knackered (means tired out) to post much after a long hard day at work!!

As always there is what I call 'natural wasteage' because I would say that less than 50% of people who train, actually ever go on to become successful for many reasons.

Many do a Foundation training of some kind and never grow any further after that and loose interest. There are a tonne of reasons why peeps come and go. For me being part of the salon geek community has given me great satisfaction because I know I have helped many many to go on to 'fame and glory'!!:lol: If you see me absent from the site, it is always because I am away working and don't have the time or the opportunity to log in. Otherwise I'm here most every day at some point.

I joined in 2003 and the site was tiny when I first arrived just a very small group of us and some but not many are still around today. We have seen many formats and updates and lots of members join in that time :)

i joined about the same time as lelli, i think there was quite an influx then.
it has been an absolute boon to me, and nowadays i am often answering questions rather than asking them. now i am spreading the news of the geek site to the students that come to me for training.

i joined the site way back in 2003 ... where are the yrs going??....lol
i do check the site more or less daily but dont post like i used to...... if i feel my input is needed then i will.... im nt as addicted to geeking like i used to be.... but sometimes ill have a day when i keep geeking other times i do go on at all.....

i was wondering where you had got to recently jess. i bet your salon is keeping you busy. :)

I think I was a bit of a latecomer ....not joining until June 2004. Even then I only posted spasmodically, as I was so busy with my Nail business and running Training Courses for CND.
I think around 2005 I started geeking more, as by then I was working part time and had more time to geek!!

There has been no stopping me since!!

Though many have tried lol:lol:

joined 31st of October 2005 ...not so long ago :) but full 2 years already!!! :)

... beeing here almost every day.. but posting not so often... mostly because i have nothing valuable to add or just not sure how to write that with no mistakes... :o

But!!! love the site, find it really good & interesting... and not gonna disappear completely :wink2:

:hug:

Latest posts

Back