The Little Princess Trust

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuZz'<3

Reaction score
Has anyone ever came across this charity?

I lost one of my best friends Emma to cancer two years ago, so cancer charities always get my support, I seen first hand what charities like Macmillan do for cancer patients!

The little princess trust are a charity that help supply FREE real hair wigs to children with cancer. I couldn't believe that the wigs actually cost up to £2,000!
The charity ask for hair donations so that wigs can be made and given for free, amazing!

Well as a hairdresser I do re-styles and cut off a range of lengths all the time, so I decided to help the charity.

You have to be cutting off at least 7 inches... I am not pressuring anyone to do this but if a client books in for a re-style I'll simply ask if they would mind me donating the hair, that's up to them to say yes or no.

My thought is, why put it in the bin when you could make a child happy?

Here's a few I have done so far ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408488851.413939.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408488859.044229.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408488866.554557.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408488875.663512.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408488886.766007.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408488912.447088.jpg

Then my best friend Mary (Emma's sister) wanted to get involved, we set up a just giving page and raised £500 in just 10days... After the 10th day she had her hair shaved, all donated to the charity! I'm super proud of her!! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408489016.062961.jpg

I shaved my head and donated my hair to this charity in February ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408491141.815661.jpg

There was a thread about this a couple of months ago. I promptly followed them on Facebook and think the charity is amazing. I'm growing my hair at the min n will be donating probs around Christmas time.

There was a thread about this a couple of months ago. I promptly followed them on Facebook and think the charity is amazing. I'm growing my hair at the min n will be donating probs around Christmas time.

Brilliant! You'll have have to keep us posted x

[QUOTE=JuZz'thank you. It was 2 plats, they have to be over 7 inches. Having fun with haircuts while growing it out now.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:

You'll love it. Bald head is so easy and it felt so exhilarating. You'll have a cold head tho. It's the weirdest feeling

You'll love it. Bald head is so easy and it felt so exhilarating. You'll have a cold head tho. It's the weirdest feeling

Gosh I'm not sure I could rock the bold but will think about it closer to the time. I've always had really long hair so a bob would be enough. My hairs about 4 inches off bob length so not far to go, it's resisting the urge to trim n have layers put in now.
As well as cutting your hair did people sponser you too?

A girl at my work done it a couple of years ago it's an amazing cause! My boyfriends little sister is 8 and she's growing her hair so she can do it too xx

Gosh I'm not sure I could rock the bold but will think about it closer to the time. I've always had really long hair so a bob would be enough. My hairs about 4 inches off bob length so not far to go, it's resisting the urge to trim n have layers put in now.
As well as cutting your hair did people sponser you too?

Yes they did sponsor me. I raised £4000, but I started im Nov and the shave was Feb so I had months of bugging people to sponsor me

My daughter used this charity back in march & donated 18" of hair (she's 11) went from sitting on it to an inverted bob!! Her idea so proud of her :)

My daughter used this charity back in march & donated 18" of hair (she's 11) went from sitting on it to an inverted bob!! Her idea so proud of her :)

Amazing x

Yes they did sponsor me. I raised £4000, but I started im Nov and the shave was Feb so I had months of bugging people to sponsor me

Wow £4,000 well done you!x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408814704.892852.jpg&#128081;&#128081;

Latest posts

Back