The L'Oreal thread!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all - apologies for the mass delete but I didn't want to close the thread because it's a great thread for you guys but needed to remove all trace of the consumer query that was starting to go rapidly downhill!

Moving on....:)

Hi all - apologies for the mass delete but I didn't want to close the thread because it's a great thread for you guys but needed to remove all trace of the consumer query that was starting to go rapidly downhill!

Moving on....:)

Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Check out the carmilane reds! They are really good for deep but still vibrant reds. I was surprised because the previous reds were quite soft.

Looove carmilane! I wish this showed up as well in pictures as in real life. This was over a natural base 4 and the rest was coloured with majirel base 3. I can't wait to be back in a salon. I miss playing with colour. :(

Attachments

• 1406055057094.jpg
    1406055057094.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 179
One thing I often wondered was about how hair often feels better after treating with an oxidative colour, or why you might use a clear glossing with oxidant VS a treatment for shine...

I learnt recently that one of the conditioning polymers used in most L'Oreal colours (Hexadimethrine Chloride aka Ionene G) bond to the hair best at an alkaline pH, such as when colouring. Love learning new things :)

Looove carmilane! I wish this showed up as well in pictures as in real life. This was over a natural base 4 and the rest was coloured with majirel base 3. I can't wait to be back in a salon. I miss playing with colour. :(

I don't do a lot of red but when I do I love carmillane. They give you a really vibrant result but still deep. I don't like reds that look too artificial.

So so so glad for this thread! I love it! A client of mine mother has jumped on to her appointment tomo and I've been sent over the pictures. I'm looking for suggestions on a vibrant dark purpley tones. I'm interested in the carmilane but I haven't yet used it! Here are the pictures I've been sent...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 139
Whoops forgot to attach the 'desired' picture!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 125
So so so glad for this thread! I love it! A client of mine mother has jumped on to her appointment tomo and I've been sent over the pictures. I'm looking for suggestions on a vibrant dark purpley tones. I'm interested in the carmilane but I haven't yet used it! Here are the pictures I've been sent...

Have you skin tested etc?

Hiya,

Yes of course I've colour tested. I randomly do my clients mothers hair as she lives up north and I'm based in London. However whilst she is not local she occasionally uses somebody where she lives. I last colour tested 5 months ago. I would not be covered within my insurance policy if I didn't do so 😊. Not mentioning the awful fatal disasters which may occur if a reaction was to unfortunately happen.

Skin testing policy is 48hours before any application of a oxidative colour.

To be honest tho when did we not give advice to posters who aren't skin tested.

They know the rules, it's their choice not to follow.

Thank you colour girly for your input. I genuienely did not know that and something I will take into serious consideration in future.

So I completed this colour today and had great results. I will post up pictures and products used later on. One very pleased client. Xx

Hello there,
I'm hairdresser and I used to work with only Alfaparf products and colors. I'm planing to open a salon next year so I need advice. I really want to work with other brand. I'm reading from 2 weeks about brands and products and I don't know which will be the best to choose.
First choice is Wella Koleston but I don't have an idea about numbers, grey coverage, some people say that is very aggressive color and etc.
Second one is Majirel L'Oreal - I'm familiar with the it, but some people say that it doesn't have good coverage on grey hair.
Please I need an advice.
Thanks ;):)

Check out the carmilane reds! They are really good for deep but still vibrant reds. I was surprised because the previous reds were quite soft.

I found the carmilane Reds FAR to cool to many of my clients.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you use majirel mix added in do u do another skin test for it? I've tested my client with majirel no reaction just had this sudden thought because doing something different on her tomorrow x

You shouldn't have to.

following

Kind Regards, Ellis :)

Quick question. If im employing two members of staff, roughly how much does a typical colour order come to each month? Ta x

Quick question. If im employing two members of staff, roughly how much does a typical colour order come to each month? Ta x

This is a thread about Loreal colours. Start up a thread.

Could be £10 but could be £1000's!? What a daft question!

Doesn't it depend on how many colours they do? What brand you use? I'm sure this would differ for everyone? Especially if you are tight lol

Latest posts

Back