The love of nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collins

Reaction score
It's great to see people so enthusiastic about nails. I finished my VTCT course in nail extensions, nail art and manicure last July ( one night a week for a year at College). Since then I've done a pedicure, gel, airbrushing and sculpture course. I always want to learn more and be the best that I can be.

I had a very safe highly paid job with Kent County Council that had taken me 10 years to get to that position. I had been with KCC since I left school. I gave it up last Aug and took a part time clerical job with KCC to pay the mortgage and went mobile. I wasn't sure at the time I did the right thing but I knew I loved doing nails and was something I had a passion for. Currently I am trying to build my client base.

I couldn't have done it without the support of my husband who also knew that this was something that I really wanted to do. Things maybe tight from time to time in the beginning but I know in the future it will pay off and work. My dream is to have my own salon and become an assessor in the future. When you start out one of the most important things is to have confidence in yourself and your skills and do the best you can. This is something it took time for me to learn.

I'm due to start my NVQ in Oct and after that the sky's are the limit. Wish me luck. Sorry to give you my total nails history but there has been a few other new people on the site who have shared their story so I thought I'd give it a go.

Hey welcome to the site Collins,

This is like my bible to whatever i want to know to do with nails and the nail industry. Its nice to hear how people started and how passionate they are about nails. We all started somewhere and obviously all aspire to produce the best nails we can. I also love doing nails and find the more i learn the more i wanna learn.

Enjoy this site its the best ever!!

hi hun, great to see another new face (so to speak!) good luck with nvq, are you doin it thru kCC adult ed?

Latest posts

Back