The most hygenic wax? Phd or Roller?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
I am looking into a whole new waxing system, i currently use stick and pot, one for face, one for body, but due to a scare down in the bikini area, ive decided this system is not hygenic enough, thats all im saying on that front!

So which is best phd or roller wax systems? i thought of roller wax as i have used it before and it works well for me. I thought if i cleaned every roller head after use with surgical spirit or for bikini areas have a roller head i keep for those clients. However i thought as you are rolling over the skin the roller goes back into the wax....and we know lots of infections/virus's spread like wildfire and multiply nicely in heat!! hmm.....

So what is PHD all about? and is the wax actually any good? is it heated? I knw with roller wax you have a big selection of wax and you can actually use your fave wax with it, which after years in the business have decided on my fave wax, however, hygene is the most important thing to me after my latest unwelcome discovery.

Any help appreciated.

As long as you follow all normal hygiene guidelines then any system of waxing is hygienic.

Roller wax is no better than pot and spatula, if you have a specific concern simply don't double dip!
The roller never actually touches the skin because there will always be a layer of wax between the skin and roller, same with a spatula so really no difference.

Does everyone use a new spatula per application??

When doing the bikini area I do but not legs etc

Does everyone use a new spatula per application??

Yes....

Unless it's the end of the pot and I'm using it on myself only...

I find that whilst I use a fair few spatulas then I am using a lot less than I used to... I try to follow the speed wax technique which does work very well for me :)

i was train to NEVER double dip no matter what area!

the most hygienic way to wax is to use 1 spatula load it with wax apply it and put it in the bin!!

Latest posts

Back