The Mummy Diaries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
Did any of you watch The Mummy Diaries tonight on channel 4?

The Mummy Diaries from Channel4.com

I have to admit that I sat there choked up through a lot of it, how on earth those brave ladies cope with the prospect of preparing their children for their imminent death amazes me, so brave :hug:

Sandi, I'm off to watch it in replay now - we have a lovely young boy at school- Ben (and his brothers )- who lost their mum last year.

He is a real cheeky chappie but gravitates towards me - me being the softy and at the end of term - I was the only person he bought a present for :green:

Oh how I wish I could have a huge umbrella and scoop up all the unhapiness and send it to appropriate places to be sorted out!

Children who have loved and lost a close family member - straight to the funland with moi so I can dish loads of love and cheekiness to them and hopefully get a smile!

Quite children straight into music and art land where they paint their fears and needs

Clever children who can go to the mad professeror tent :lol: and design and make technical advancemnts - mainly on my moby phone lol

Everybody else jumbled up on a big bouncy castle in the midst of questions and answers flying about and people having to absorb them lol

Give all the littleubs to me so I squish them all with huge hug and deliberately call then all them wrong names - simple I know but it brings huge jolly laughter with it xxx

Yep I too was sat with my box of tissue. I lost a school friend to cancer in sept and she too had taught her young children how to cook and do the washing etc Its heartbreaking:cry:

I don't think I could have watched this. As brave as you geeks are for doing so :hug:, I just can't watch stuff like this :cry:.

My sister-in-law was in her 30's when she was diagnosed with cancer of the Oesophagus (it's often fatal).

Her children were only small at the time and she felt she had been handed a death sentence :cry:.

Her kids are at uni now and she is fit and well, but I so remember the trauma at the time and watching my husband despair as he thought he would lose his sister. She still gets examined regularly for any sign of spread, but she has done so well, thank God.

truly amazing, very tearfull.

But wernt the ideas oif the memory box good and the imaginative ways that the lady from winston house think it was called, used to deal with this .

One of the ladies raised was it 65k in a ball, this focus is inspiring=, and kept her going! she looked georgeous in her pink dress !

Latest posts

Back