The Nail Salon!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deni

Dinky Geek
Reaction score
Hi...
Just a thought...where do you think clients prefer to get their nails done?
Would you say a salon in town?
or a salon out of town?
or in your home?
or in their home?
What do you think their ideal would be?
This question is about what you think clients want, not what is best for us as technicians..x

right this is only MY opinion ok!!!!?
since ive been in a hair/beauty salon, ive had upper crust clients as well as regulars, when i was mobile i only got a few youngsters and the odd mummy type , thats it, now at the salon i have the ladies what lunch, they pay top whack and dont mind!!! they enjoy the salon enviroment and mix and match their appts, with their hair apts , brow waxing etc, they are their all the time !!!!! mobile for me was not this standard of clients im afraid, it was ppl on a budget , trying to eek out their maintenence appts and friends of mine basically,
like i said before this is just my opinion as i know alot of mobile or homebased techs do really really well
p.s this is a salon in town

I have clients that come in the shop and I have mobile ones too. A lot of my mobiles are elderly/disabled and would have problems coming to the shop (especially as I'm upstairs).

Most of my clients prefer coming to my home rather than the beauty salon where I rent a table for a couple of days. My home salon is much better in that it is brighter, more comfortable and they have a nice view over the park. Not bad for a small 10x6 box room! (I have my eye on my 2nd bedroom but ...)

Great question hun. I've done it all (!) and I think most people prefer a home salon as it's more personal and maybe because I just feel more relaxed and at home (pardon the pun) there!

I think if you get the salon environment right then they like that too. Many of my clients are nail biters and they feel too intimidated to go into a nail bar. They think they will be looked down on and are so ashamed of their habit that they won't venture in (this is the feedback I always get from them). Therefore I think if you are in a salon you must make it very welcoming to nail biters.

I do think though that you need to decide which market you want to attract - young girls who love a funky, loud music, sat on bar stools type salon. Whereas the older market tends to prefer a more soothing and relaxed ambience.

Good thread.

I have only experience from a home based salon. I don't seem to attract any particular sort of clients, its really across the board. I think I would probably get more 'walk in' clients in a shop front salon than I do where I live as its out of the town centre. My salon is bright and professional but yet warm and comfortable and the clients I have has thus far have seemed to enjoy their experience.

I do go mobile for Spray Tanning if requested and I would do nail enhancements mobile if the client was unable to get to me, but I am pleased that all of my clients so far have never asked me to work at their homes to do nail enhancements.

Latest posts

Back