The new daylight lamp, anyone tried it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clara doon

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I was hoping someone had tried the new ultra-slim lamp from the daylight company?

I'm in dire need of a new lamp and saw this one advertised in last months scratch magazine. I looks really good and the reviews were all good, but I was wondering if any of you have tried it also. I've had a look on their web sight and can't seem to find out the price of the replacement blubs(Welcome to The Daylight Company - Please choose your country)
also the arm on the advert looks rather low and i did think it might get in the way a little is it easy to raise?
My old lamp creates soo much heat it hurts my head, also makes the working conditions of the L&P a little difficult at times. hope someone can help xx cheers :)

They look fab don't they! I'm hoping to get one for Xmas so can't tell you if they're any good yet or not - sorry!!Although the bulb on my old lamp did die last night...........;O)

Had these in a place I worked in... a good idea but they do get in the way a bit. You find they can block your vision a bit, or if you put them a bit higher they end up blocking you making eye contact with your client, which is a bit disconcerting! Also, they do get a bit warm - one girl kept getting her fringe frazzled! They can be a bit wobbly too and a little hard to adjust, I kept having to tweak mine all the time.
They're a good idea, but for the price I'd rather get a couple of anglepoise lamps!

We have 2 of these in place at the salon and they are fabulous.

They don't get in my way, you can move them so the light is exactly where you want it....yes they do get a tad warm.

And they look cool too! Never had a prob with gels....I always put the top straight back on anyway.

I am sure that one one of the trade shows recently that Bio Sculpture used them with their demo's.

they didnt seem to look as if they were getting in the way - perhaps some of you Bio Sculpture geeks can help more on this one? We they the same lamps as mentioned above.

Didnt think they were used as a UV lamp though!

Latest posts

Back