~*~The Official... "Secret Santa has been" thread~*~

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaaaw still not got mine

I am gonna stick my neck out here and say I am a little disappointed to hear of the amount of people who haven't got a gift...i didn't get mine either. I ain't too bothered and just glad that the gift i sent was received but i do feel a little sad for those who signed up, did their part and got nothing back. I know its the giving and not the receiving and i don't give to receive but the idea of Secret Santa IS that you send a gift and that you get a gift.

It was all started in October....plenty early enough for people to send a gift....maybe those who don't have the time shouldn't enter next year.

Sorry i just think its a shame.

Thanks again to Crunchiegirl for my SS :)

Was great to open so many nice pressies and munch on a gorgeous bar of choc at the same time !!! :hug:

Glad you liked! Hope you had a good Christmas - I loved being a part of Secret Santa - thanks again to Victoria for organising it all x

I am gonna stick my neck out here and say I am a little disappointed to hear of the amount of people who haven't got a gift...i didn't get mine either. I ain't too bothered and just glad that the gift i sent was received but i do feel a little sad for those who signed up, did their part and got nothing back. I know its the giving and not the receiving and i don't give to receive but the idea of Secret Santa IS that you send a gift and that you get a gift.

It was all started in October....plenty early enough for people to send a gift....maybe those who don't have the time shouldn't enter next year.

Sorry i just think its a shame.

I agree :hug:, I'm glad my gift got there in time, I did panic a bit thinking I'd left it too late :lol:, but I did manage even with the crazy 12hr days during December.
Still waiting to hear from my SS.
A big thanks to you, Victoria, for organising this .:hug:
:hug:

Bagpuss..i agree!!
I was telling tom about it not been here yet then said oh im bin nasty they didn't have to send me owt...then i thought NO hang on..we all took part i got someone else something and spend 45min q'in in post office sending..obviously who i sent it to isn't whos getting mine, so yeh, pretty gutted..but it could be delayed but sure would of heard something from sender by now if that was the case.
Posted via Mobile Device

Still nothing :cry: Hope mine arrived ok as havent heard. It was sent in November though so should be ok

got mines today as i missed the postman on christmas eve..and this is the first i have managesd to get out to collect it...a beautiful globe all the way from FINLAND...its beautiful with two wee pictures of Moomins on it (remember them)...so thank you for my present..now i have to work out by process of elimination who sent it lol so i can say thanks properly...

its soo nice getting pressies and even nicer when its something really unusual ..so thank you to my secret Santa

LindaC xxxxx

by process of elimination i found out who my secret santa was i think lol

My SS pressie came last week from Stoney and was a gorgeous pink scented candle and a lush Swarvorski crystal bracelet..... Thank you so much xxxxx

by process of elimination i found out who my secret santa was i think lol

Glad you liked it, and I´m sorry it was so late! I was a bit late sending it, and our mail in Finland is worked by snails! Sorry about that!:hug:

A big thankyou to Bombini for my gift... i got a bling notepad and pen x ill put photo in my album xx

I don't think I will take part in this again, its quite frankly been disappointing.
I havent had a response from the person I sent my gift too, I know she's received it as I pm'ed her to check, and still no gift to me. Its not the receiving as such, it just seems a bit flat and the spirit for me has gone out of it.

A big thankyou to Bombini for my gift... i got a bling notepad and pen x ill put photo in my album xx

Glad you like it, I always find it so hard to buy for people !

It said you liked accessorize in the pm so I got my friend to help as she loves that shop ! :hug:

I don't think I will take part in this again, its quite frankly been disappointing.
I havent had a response from the person I sent my gift too, I know she's received it as I pm'ed her to check, and still no gift to me. Its not the receiving as such, it just seems a bit flat and the spirit for me has gone out of it.

:cry:

Thats really bad that you haven't received it, I can't understand why if people have sent them late they don't let the receiver know. Its really out of order, and as for not sending one at all well thats just selfish and greedy considering they have probably received theirs.

Do you know yours has definetly received it if you haven't had a response ?

same here and I wont be taking part again :irked:

Still nothing, neither pressie nor word from the person i sent to. Given up waiting now. Wont bother again

I agree with the last 3 posts, i loved the thought of it exchanging pressie's with someone u don't know that may or may not even live in the UK but still share something with and it's just been a let down!
I know we have to wait till 1st feb till we contact about not reciving gifts but xmas is over and done with now, it was last yr,hehe!

I understand that people are dissappointed.
But sometimes life gets in the way of living. Most people try to get their things out on time, but something happens. They are not trying to be intentionally hurtful.

That aside, the post is always dreadful this time of year. AND some of these parcels are going one country to another. Every year, there are late parcels. It's to be expected.

I'd like to ask people to be a bit more positive, try giving the benefit of the doubt, and wait and see. In the past, I have seen many gifts arrive as late as February. Hence why inquiries don't go out until the end of January, as stipulated in the Rules and Details of SS.

Look at the bright side. Many did recieve, and and several more will.
I am sending, but not recieving and I'm not crying over it.
I'm enjoying watching other people enjoy and that's enough for me. For me, it's truly in the giving and not in the recieving.

I almost feel like "Mom" in the car and the kids are hollering "are we there yet?" and Mom says "soon....we'll get there when we get there." :lol::hug:

As in previous years, those that fail completely to send, will be crossed off the list and unable to participate in the future. That's more their loss than yours.

I do sympathize, it is very dissappointing when you're full of anticipation and by chance, everything falls to pieces. I know... it's not much fun.
Giant :hug:

But we need to remember why this was started. To create Xmas spirit on Geek, and to find a way to celebrate together. It was to learn more about each other.

That was why I started it. It was not about getting pressies in the mail.
And trust me, this year I would have loved one. Xmas around here for both sides of the family was anorexic due to challenges we have all faced.
BUT I'm still enjoying giving to others and enjoying the happiness others experience.

Let's take a step back and wait for the deadline before we all have a rant and make others feel embarassed and dreadful, because of unforseen events in their lives.

i just seen this post and very sorry i did write a blog specialy to you and have posted your gift. :cry:

Woo, Thank you Kimi :D

xxxxx

Latest posts

Back