** The official Shrinking Violet Thread ** who's done it and all comments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the wrap, what parts of the body are wrapped in the treatment?

It's probably easier to say what's not wrapped!
Head, hands, feet
Everything else was wrapped up.

I get so fed up with the posts about it I don't know how many times Julieann and Jane have to say email or phone them about question yet were still here 220 posts later with Lynne putting her 10pence worth in on everything!!!!!! Drives me insane

Hi

I trained in SV 2 weeks ago. At the training I was told a heated blanket underneath with a towel and a normal blanket on top.

I am getting good results on arms and legs but not over the middle stomach where everyone wants. Another girl who trained with someone else uses a heated blanket over the top and a heated blanket underneath.

At my training I asked about the heated blanket over the top and they said its not needed cause you don't want the person sweating.

So now I am thinking is there not enough heat over the stomach? When I take the wrap off the skin is warm and clammy but I am lucky if they have lost 1/4 inch

So do I invest in the heated blanket for over the top? It's £80 so it's a lot to spend if it's not needed.

You can get a Silentnight elec blanket for £14 in Argos..... I have done it both ways...with just one and with two. To be honest my results weren't much different. I wanted to try 2 as I thought it would help them get up to temp quicker but it meant you have to be very quick to monitor their heat as they go from being just right to too hot v quickly so I have scrapped the 2nd blanket!

Perhaps use a bit more oil on the tummy? Massage it in more? Do you criss cross the wrap across the tum? Are you in the FB group? If so, try posting on there and say you don't get more than quarter inch off torso and see what suggestions people have xx

I get so fed up with the posts about it I don't know how many times Julieann and Jane have to say email or phone them about question yet were still here 220 posts later with Lynne putting her 10pence worth in on everything!!!!!! Drives me insane

Sorry but I think that was a bit out of line, salon geek is a learning community, and it's good to ask questions! I for one am grateful for anyone's input, so thanks Lynne! :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think with most threads on SG, if someone asks a question of the suppliers, the supplier will answer the question on the thread. That way everyone gets to see the answer and saves them replying to numerous emails or phone calls. That would make sense wouldn't it?

Lynne I think your a fountain of knowledge on SG please don't stop posting because of one very random comment xx

It's fab being able to refer back to threads on sg, and saves suppliers answering the same questions over and over when the answers are here. If everyone contacted suppliers/brands directly for everything there'd be no salon geek x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

It's probably easier to say what's not wrapped!
Head, hands, feet
Everything else was wrapped up.

Thanks :) good to hear! I am booked in for one on Monday to try it out, and wanted my arms included in it!

Not sure who that is aimed at, but in regards to my comment, I had already contacted the company and got no reply. Why wouldn't I ask someone on the thread that has had the treatment or does it themselves for the answer?

Lynne is simply helping people by answering questions, since she has had the treatment...I don't see what the problem is?

You can get a Silentnight elec blanket for £14 in Argos..... I have done it both ways...with just one and with two. To be honest my results weren't much different. I wanted to try 2 as I thought it would help them get up to temp quicker but it meant you have to be very quick to monitor their heat as they go from being just right to too hot v quickly so I have scrapped the 2nd blanket!

Perhaps use a bit more oil on the tummy? Massage it in more? Do you criss cross the wrap across the tum? Are you in the FB group? If so, try posting on there and say you don't get more than quarter inch off torso and see what suggestions people have xx

Thank you for your reply.

Yeah I cross cross the wrap across the tummy. I tried using more oil but no difference. No I wasn't given any details of the Facebook page. I know one of my friends is on it but her training wasn't the same as mine. I was trained by the fingertips centre which is the certified trainer in Scotland but weren't told about any Fb page. I might phone them tomorrow and see if they can sign me up to the Fb page.

We were told at training to use dry brushing before to help with better results so I have tried to start doing that but they didn't show us how to do it or how long for so not sure if I even doing it right. Dry brush towards the heart they told us that's it.

Thank you for your reply.

Yeah I cross cross the wrap across the tummy. I tried using more oil but no difference. No I wasn't given any details of the Facebook page. I know one of my friends is on it but her training wasn't the same as mine. I was trained by the fingertips centre which is the certified trainer in Scotland but weren't told about any Fb page. I might phone them tomorrow and see if they can sign me up to the Fb page.

We were told at training to use dry brushing before to help with better results so I have tried to start doing that but they didn't show us how to do it or how long for so not sure if I even doing it right. Dry brush towards the heart they told us that's it.

Add Jane as a friend, send her a message and she will add you to the group, this is her profile. http://www.facebook.com/enhance.direct?fref=ts
The group is really helpful and everyone in it is trained and using SV so more reliable for help xx

Yep def dry body brush before the wrap, it gets the circulation going and exfoliates so they will absorb the oil better....there is a video on the FB group if you're not sure x

hi anyone who is trained and using our products can be added to the group please friend request Jane (tibby olivier pro) or myself (tibby olivier) so we can add you to the group x

I think with most threads on SG, if someone asks a question of the suppliers, the supplier will answer the question on the thread. That way everyone gets to see the answer and saves them replying to numerous emails or phone calls. That would make sense wouldn't it?

To be honest, as we tend to visit here in our own time as extremely busy, it is not always possible to know when a question has been asked and if we don't respond may be seen as not interested or caring. However, with an email or call we deal with these promptly during business hours (hence my surprise at a previous comment saying contacted the company and got no answer !!??). We appreciate SV therapists on here contributing but still say...if you have any queries, please contact us directly as even on these threads, I note some misinformation which is actually not helpful to anyone and increases confusion. xxx

To be honest, as we tend to visit here in our own time as extremely busy, it is not always possible to know when a question has been asked and if we don't respond may be seen as not interested or caring. However, with an email or call we deal with these promptly during business hours (hence my surprise at a previous comment saying contacted the company and got no answer !!??). We appreciate SV therapists on here contributing but still say...if you have any queries, please contact us directly as even on these threads, I note some misinformation which is actually not helpful to anyone and increases confusion. xxx

To be honest Moosebat, we are all here on our own time ;) and we have even helped by putting all the questions about SV here on the one thread. I know you must be extremely busy as SV is taking the Industry by storm....after all who doesn't want to lose inches :eek: and on here everyone wants to know all the how's, why's and where's, which in turn will surely make you busier.

That said I do agree that some queries directly relating to the distribution/supply would probably be best dealt with contacting the company directly.

Regarding experiences, and helping each other in a products use.....well that is what this site is all about. :hug:
This site is a Community, which means we all try to give a little knowledge as well as take some, therefore we are all helping and supporting each other.

If as you say there is any MISinformation on this thread, then it would be better if you multiquoted the pozts concerned and updated them with the CORRECT information.

We do it all the time on the Nail threads lol :wink2:

I have never had any problems getting information regarding Shrinking Violet. My calls are answered swiftly (thanks jane) and there is a fab SV FB group that trained therapists can join. It's a helpful, friendly, supportive group of people that offer plenty of help and guidance. So my advice would be, if you aren't trained, call TO and if you are trained request to join the FB group. Tibby Olivier is a small company with fabulous products that are in huge demand and the lovely people running it are doing their very best to keep everyone happy :) x

Add Jane as a friend, send her a message and she will add you to the group, this is her profile. http://www.facebook.com/enhance.direct?fref=ts
The group is really helpful and everyone in it is trained and using SV so more reliable for help xx

Yep def dry body brush before the wrap, it gets the circulation going and exfoliates so they will absorb the oil better....there is a video on the FB group if you're not sure x

Thanks for that I have added now. Will go watch the video. Thanks again for your help :)

I appreciate your comments Izzy x however not quite what I meant, hence the problem with forums and the written word said in one way, read in another. Just meant is difficult for us to monitor on a regular basis to disseminate info therefore would be more satisfactory for the person wanting answers to email us or call xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back