The ~Official~ Strictly Come Dancing Thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

For those of you finding it hard to drag your hubbies along to a ballroom class, have a look at www.ceroc.com. Ceroc is a fusion of jive & salsa originating from France and is a fantastically fun night out. Men seem to enjoy it as there's normally a bar, it's based around the concept of a social night out and there's lots of other "real blokes" there, sometimes believe it or not there are even more men than women that come along. If you can't persuade them, you don't even need to bring a partner with you.

Now I know I'm biaised as I teach Ceroc, but I've been doing this now for more than 12 years and I still look forward to going now as much as I did when I first started. Great for making fantastic new friends in your area too.

Sorry, didn't mean this message to be as long as it's turned out. Give it a go though, you will LOVE it, I promise!

Jenni
xxx

ps. Kim Lawless, I will get you there if it kills me!!!

If I look anything like Cherie when I get to her age I will be a very happy woman. She looks gorgeous, has a fabulous pair of legs and remains elegant. She puts some of the younger ones to shame.

Oh my god, I'm in love with Tom! He is amazing... what a pair of hips he has.

I voted twice... aww... naughty :lol:

If I look anything like Cherie when I get to her age I will be a very happy woman. She looks gorgeous, has a fabulous pair of legs and remains elegant. She puts some of the younger ones to shame.

Gawd those legs!!!!!! :eek: Never mind when I get to her age, now would be good!:lol::lol:

I agree, but I do think Heather would have gone soon anyway...... I think she'd hit her limit. I was a bit surprised about Rachel, but for me she doesn't really throw herself into the dances emotionally enough, so maybe the public think she isn't really that bothered?

I'm glad Jodie and Ian went through, I didn't fancy their chances in a dance off with that Samba, lol!!!

I'll tell you something that gets me about Rachel Vetty. While some others may be looking at the camera asking viewers to vote for them.. you know.. like they do and usually giving the phone thing with their hands too, Rachel doesn't. While Tess is doing her usual 'to keep so and so in the comp. you need to ring blah, blah, blah' Rachel seems to be just grinning and hugging her partner as if she's that good she doesn't need the vote of the public.

I know that the others don't really do this either, however, given that she was in the dance off last week, you think she may have done something this week. But no... nothing. It's almost as if, she thinks she's that good, she shouldn't have to.

Don't get me wrong.. their dance gave me goose bumps but for me, she just doesn't seem to be joining in iykwim.

For me.. the guys are fantastic. I think dancing doesn't come easy to some men and for Tom and Austin to be so good, I think is due to their commitment. I don't normally vote (I know, I know) but I felt so strongly about Tom's technique and enthusiasm this week, I just had to.

Have to admit though.. Cherie has got a figure and a pair of legs to die for at ANY age! Makes me just want to get up and boogie :)

I couldn't believe the standard tonight!!
Jodie and Ian were brilliant to start the show off!!
I even have to concede that the wee smug git (Austin) deserved 10's for his tango, it was brilliant.
Mush as it pains me to say it, as he is entertaining, but John Sergeant has to go this week. He will go out with his head held high though as that American smooth wasn't half bad!!! ( I love Christina!!)
But who will join him in the Dance off??? possibly Lisa and Brendan ...shock horror :eek:

Lisa gets on my nerves tho, she is an attention seeker lol

My hubby and I watched tonight........ even HE though Austin was amazing :!:

(through his grunts at watching strictly rather than the rugby repeat :D)

I'll tell you something that gets me about Rachel Vetty. While some others may be looking at the camera asking viewers to vote for them.. you know.. like they do and usually giving the phone thing with their hands too, Rachel doesn't. While Tess is doing her usual 'to keep so and so in the comp. you need to ring blah, blah, blah' Rachel seems to be just grinning and hugging her partner as if she's that good she doesn't need the vote of the public.

I know that the others don't really do this either, however, given that she was in the dance off last week, you think she may have done something this week. But no... nothing. It's almost as if, she thinks she's that good, she shouldn't have to.

Don't get me wrong.. their dance gave me goose bumps but for me, she just doesn't seem to be joining in iykwim.

For me.. the guys are fantastic. I think dancing doesn't come easy to some men and for Tom and Austin to be so good, I think is due to their commitment. I don't normally vote (I know, I know) but I felt so strongly about Tom's technique and enthusiasm this week, I just had to.

Have to admit though.. Cherie has got a figure and a pair of legs to die for at ANY age! Makes me just want to get up and boogie :)

Although I half agree with what you are saying, I have never thought that she thinks she is too good, I have always thought that she doesn't quite have the confidence too. Isn't it funny how 2 people can see things so differently :hug:

I thought that Rachel's dance was spectacular the best dance so far for me, and she really 'got into it' this week.

I couldn't believe the standard tonight!!
Jodie and Ian were brilliant to start the show off!!
I even have to concede that the wee smug git (Austin) deserved 10's for his tango, it was brilliant.
Mush as it pains me to say it, as he is entertaining, but John Sergeant has to go this week. He will go out with his head held high though as that American smooth wasn't half bad!!! ( I love Christina!!)
But who will join him in the Dance off??? possibly Lisa and Brendan ...shock horror :eek:

Do you know I think you may be right, Brendan will not be impressed if they are :lol: For me the other who might be is Cherie, she may have fabulous pins, but I wasn't won over by her dance.

I did laugh last night though as I read somewhere the other day that if the judges want to get rid of John they should say nice things about him and then the public won't feel sorry for him so they won't feel the need to vote (apparently the first week they were nice to Kate last year she was out) So last night they were all much nicer...........lets see what happens tonight now.

Although I half agree with what you are saying, I have never thought that she thinks she is too good, I have always thought that she doesn't quite have the confidence too. Isn't it funny how 2 people can see things so differently :hug:

I thought that Rachel's dance was spectacular the best dance so far for me, and she really 'got into it' this week.

It is funny isn't it... maybe you're right, hadn't thought of it like that. If I didn't have confidence in myself up there though, think i'd be begging the audience to ring in for me.

Their dance was amazing though wasn't it :hug:

I cannot believe that John is still in though.. I know not everyone will agree and rules are rules but I do wish people would vote for the dancing. What is going to happen next week because the standard of those that are left are just so good, it will be a shame if he stays in any longer. JMO

I can't believe John is still in - maybe Bruce should stop asking us to vote for our 'favourite' and ask us to vote for the dancer we think is the best!! I know it's an entertainment show and all that but he has to go.........

I thought the standard this week was amazing - Jodie and Ian were fabulous, Austin and Erin were amazing and I loved Tom and Camilla as well.......

I'm still loving it, and all the controvesy :)!!

I do wish John had gone this week too, as the other celebrities have improved so much and don't deserve to be in the dance off. I thought Jodie and Ian were fab this week!:)

I just hope it doesnt turn nasty. After what James said in his "speech" did you notice that John and Christina did not come out at the end for the "hugging fest"

To be honest I had just thought to myself they must surely feel awkward when I realised I didn't spot them although I did think I spotted her right as the program went off. I was stunned when they got through again. As funny as he has been its not funny anymore to watch people go who shouldn't. He's definately 'playing the game' though isn't he. Did anyone hear him on the phone on 'It takes two' last week? He actually got quite narky about the judges reaction basically saying they need to beef up on the rules, they have 50% of the vote and the public decides the rest and if they didn't like it maybe they should consider their position. If it was a popularity contest I'd agree but it isn't.

I still love Brendan and Lisa, he is full of himself but I think he's behaving really well on the whole and I have a soft spot for Lisa, I think she is lovely. Also love Vincent and Rachael, so sweet! Mind you, raunchy wasn't the word for their fab dance this week! :eek:

I just hope it doesnt turn nasty. After what James said in his "speech" did you notice that John and Christina did not come out at the end for the "hugging fest"

I know... I noticed that but how embarassed would he have been if he had. Feel sorry him a little but he's still gotta go.

Aww come on...John Sergeant has made this years SCD and Christina must be thanking her lucky stars she got him as a partner for her very first series!!! She has had so much praise from the judges for her choreography and she is just fab-u-lous with John!!!!

I remember voting like MAD for Julian Clary a few series ago because he was trying so hard and was still rubbish...and he got to the final 3!!!.....and John Sergeant is better than him!!

I think everyone needs to lighten up...it is a Saturday night entertainment programme, with some great dancing.
Even James said his wife ( the lovely) Ola wants John in the Final!!!!

Oh and by the way....the best new double act on telly has to be Craig Revel Horwood and Brian Fortuna, when they are on It Takes 2!!! Loving it Dahling!!!!

Aww come on...John Sergeant has made this years SCD and Christina must be thanking her lucky stars she got him as a partner for her very first series!!! She has had so much praise from the judges for her choreography and she is just fab-u-lous with John!!!!

I remember voting like MAD for Julian Clary a few series ago because he was trying so hard and was still rubbish...and he got to the final 3!!!.....and John Sergeant is better than him!!

I think everyone needs to lighten up...it is a Saturday night entertainment programme, with some great dancing.
Even James said his wife ( the lovely) Ola wants John in the Final!!!!

Oh and by the way....the best new double act on telly has to be Craig Revel Horwood and Brian Fortuna, when they are on It Takes 2!!! Loving it Dahling!!!!

Lol.... love Craig!... Cha cha chaaaah dahling!!

I'm sorry though... I take my strictly very seriously and John has just got to go. Whenever I watch anyone dance really well I get goose bumps and want to get up and dance round the room, which I don't of course.

But he kinda spoils it for me a bit. I know it's entertainment and all that jazz and his partner is fantastic but even SHE wanted to leave the dance floor before the seeing the judges this time. Poor thing :)

John Sargent has walked today :( Just heard it on ITV This Morning. :eek:

It is a shame, but it would have been a travesty if he had won. It is a dancing competition as well as an entertainment but it should mean that the best dancer wins otherwise why have the judges at all.

I'm amazed, he was in It Take Two either Monday or Tuesday saying again about the rules and how much fun he was having and not a hint he was going to walk!

Latest posts

Back