The Paypod Mobile Card Machine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poshfloss

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone signed up for Paypod?
www.thepaypod.com
I have looked at the site and it seems the perfect solution to card payments. Ideal to up sell when mobile.
Please look at the site and let me know your thoughts, good or bad.
I would like a wider view before I sign for / purchase one.
Thanks x x :hug: x x

Hi,
www.thepaypod.com
I have looked at the site and it seems the perfect solution to card payments. Ideal to up sell when mobile.

Thanks for posting that!!!

It looks just what I need!!!

However!!!!!

Go to their Facebook page and you will see that it seems too good to be true!
People have signed up but yet to recieve their terminal and the company seems rather quiet on why!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/PayPod/137618232931875?sk=wall

the transaction fees are higher than other companies i've looked at but i'm assuming that's because there is no monthly fee? (did i read that right??) but you also save money on things like paper rolls etc which can add up i'm sure. hmm.

sooo this would bennefit small businesses more than bigger businesses as they wouldn't be paying out a monthly fee regardless of if they get clients or not? but if you had an awful lot of clients paying by card i imagine it'd be quite costly paying high transaction fees each time? for me personally i wouldn't mind paying out a bit higher for a transaction fee if it meant i just paid for what i use rather than the set monthly fee which is payable regardless of if i use the machine or not... that's something that has often put me off with card machines as i don't want to be tied into paying around £20 a month until i'm about 103!!

this is certainly something else to think about, i'm so glad you posted! :D x

edited to add: not good at all about the fb page! :| kinda put me off even looking into it, if they can't get something to customers in good time then what else wont they be able to stick to? the good news is though that people are always wanting to cash in on other peoples ideas so i'm assuming there will be lots of companies popping up with their own offers and deals who can deliver the goods. literally. x

Thanks for posting that!!!

It looks just what I need!!!

However!!!!!

Go to their Facebook page and you will see that it seems too good to be true!
People have signed up but yet to recieve their terminal and the company seems rather quiet on why!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/PayPod/137618232931875?sk=wall

Thanks for the FB link.
Although I am not in a hurry to get one just yet.
I love the idea of it...... if it works.
So I will keep a watch on the FB page as well.
Hopefully it will be up and running smoothly soon, or something similar from another company. By then I will be ready to purchase one.
I have in past years paid monthly for a card machine to use on a different business which was quite seasonal, and was stuck with the charges on quiet winter months when it was not used at all, at least with this you pay as you go, the charges I mean.
x x :hug: x x

Fingers crossed it will be soon because it looks perfect for me!!!

Looks like Paypod could go live early August, as stated on Facebook.
Hope so, as it is just what I need.
x x :hug: x x

The site does not inform how the device will connect to process the payment- Square do this type in USA only at the moment. Also would be nice to know if like Square the money goes direct to your account or is it held like other Uk card transactions.
I have emailed these questions and will post their answers.:confused:

The site does not inform how the device will connect to process the payment- Square do this type in USA only at the moment. Also would be nice to know if like Square the money goes direct to your account or is it held like other Uk card transactions.
I have emailed these questions and will post their answers.:confused:
Hi,
I watched a video on Paypod, go to www.thepaypod.com on there it shows payment is to go directly to users bank account.
Or you can see the video on You Tube.
The way it is said to work on there........ if it ever does will be fantastic.
Fingers crossed it is live soon
x x x

My mistake as their site did address the questions however were very vague and at £1.00 charge for debit cards NOT a starter until this is lowered to a competitive percentage rate, it is new after all.
No answer to length of time on payment clearing into account either.
Something to watch.:eek:

Hi,
www.thepaypod.com

Hiya

Not sure if this is of any help but as well as in the Tanning Industry, I work for CashFlows who have just launched an iphone app called CashFlows Portable which is basically a Virtual Terminal on an iphone. PM me if you want any details!

Well!!!
It seems it may have been too good to be true!

I joined their facebook group to keep up to speed with its release, and have just gone on to seeif there were any developments...
The facebook page is no longer in existence.
I looked on the site (www.thepaypod.com) and guess what..?!
No longer there!

Thats a shame cos it could have been ideal! :-/

Well!!!
It seems it may have been too good to be true!

I joined their facebook group to keep up to speed with its release, and have just gone on to seeif there were any developments...
The facebook page is no longer in existence.
I looked on the site (www.thepaypod.com) and guess what..?!
No longer there!

Thats a shame cos it could have been ideal! :-/

Thanks for the update Matt. Shame I really wanted this , it would have been such a help.
Now I will look into other card systems, but will need to know it is going to be worth the monthly fees.
Best wishes x x x x x

Latest posts

Back