The portable spray booth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeupartistjennyb

Reaction score
In the last issue that I got of Tanning Magazine there was a portable booth for spray tanning Looked really good wondered if anyone had tried it?

they do look cool sundrench sell one for about £100 they meant to just pop up xx

Thats what this feature said, I have not rung them to see how much this one is. It was purple looked groovy. It is something I want to add. Just wanted to know if anyone else is using one and how they are getting on with it? :cool:

Hi, I think a fellow geek makes/markets these, the website is www.spraytancubicle.com. Don't have any experience of them but they look good!

Hi All
I emailed sundrench they quoted me £300 for portable booth ?
A bit out of my price range so I brought a small Gazebo from local supermarket for 12.99 used the frame not the roof bit not all the posts for the sides I only used instead of 2 but I did use 2 for back and front.
I then brought 4 packets of shower hooks 49p each and 4 plain white shower curtains from tesco 99p each one for each side and one for the floor and I now have portable spray booth.
Jill

beautybonanza said:
In the last issue that I got of Tanning Magazine there was a portable booth for spray tanning Looked really good wondered if anyone had tried it?
mycolleague and I are looking into getting spray tan and have seen them too but not in action! Were thinking of california tan spray - anyone got any comments on using a spray tan system - are they easy to use and what sort of results have you had?
beautygirl UK xx

ah.....

Spray Tanning is pretty big here in the states, I think it sucks though. Everyone ends up looking like an oompa-loompa!

In my salon we use Heavenly Bodies, I have checked out salons in my area and the majority use St Tropez or Heavenly Bodies.

The system is easy to use and it takes about 30 mins to do a full body.

Have had a mobile girl do it too, dont know what system she was using but I looked like I had been Oomp Loompa'd too, never again.

Have got it in my salon now and the colour gives you a golden bronzed colour. Haven't had any complaints anyway about clients looking Oompa Loompa'd anyway, they all compliment on the golden bronzed colour more than being Orange :lol:

Jue xxx

Solglo, is a very nice colour i tried it yesterday and am just waiting for the report back from my kind model so will let you know what colour she goes!! x

As some of you know, I used to work for St Tropez & I loved it. However, since leaving I am now working in a sun bed shop & they have the Mystic Tan Booth. (The one on Friends!! LOL!!) It's all done by the machine & it's brilliant - I'm getting addicted to it. We allow newcomers 1/2 hours appt so they don't feel rushed but those who have done it before are in & out in 10-15 mins. It's pretty popular so it could boost your incomes somewhat. This might be worth thinking about for those of you with salons.

hi jill

your portable booth sounds like a good idea have u a pici of it i mite give it ago xx:D :biggrin:

I like the homemade version!!! Sounds like you had fun making that! :biggrin:

Hi LilypondExcellent idea of yours, someone I know who does it at home uses shower curtains.

These gazebos are pretty easy to put up, plus you can always pop the curtains in the washing machine!

Deb379

How do you stop the spray tan leaking out the sides and bottom of the shower curtains? I like the idea because I can imagine it is nice and portable. Or maybe spray tan doesn't go as far as I'm imagining.

Hi
First of all the curtains are only a few inches from the floor and the client is stood on a shower curtain.
Stand the client on paper towels to stop brown feet and get they to move around on them so they are not stood directly on flooring.
When you spray the lower leg area you are spraying downwards in a sweeping movement.
If you look at the curtains afterwards there is hardly any overspray on the back and side areas just a small amount on the floor area.
When I did my training with solglo their booth was the same only made in black and came in a holdall I just adapted a small cheap gazebo only used 12 rods to make the shape works a treat easy to put up and down for a mobile tech.
Jill

thanxs for your advice really helpful xx

Hey girls! Haven't been on for ages and couldn't believe when I logged on that this subject was being talked about.

I'm doing the Solglo Tanning course on 14/9 and have thought of nothing else (well that's a lie!). I spoke to the organisers and they said the starter kit costs £699 or on the day £599. Along with this you get the obvious tanning products plus leaflets, posters etc. Being a Mobile Tech, I really have no call for advertising parafanalia and have enough to lug about with me. My poor shed is already full of Hairdressing and Nail Tech stuff, along with the kid's bikes and the barbeque! I don't think it can cope much more.:lol:

Does anybody know if they just do a kit which is tanning products and booth? The Gazebo idea is great but a pop up version would be so much easier for me. Nowhere to store a small Gazebo (unless I put it in the shed!!:rolleyes: )

Bunny, I laughed out loud about the 'Friends' comment..... 1 Mississippi - 2 Mississippi..... hilarious! Ross had definately been Tango'ed on one side eh?

Glad to be back, it's been a while.

Hope you're all doing fine?

Sherry.x

You dont leave the gazebo up in comes as 12 small posts that you clip together takes up no space at all

Thanks - any idea where I get get one of these gazebo's from?

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back