The Price of a Cut & Finish???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you pay for a Cut & Finish

• £10 - £15

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • £15 - £20

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • £20 - £25

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • £25 - £30

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • £30 +

Votes: 30 33.3%
  • I dont bother i hack it off myself with the kitchen scissors :eek:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm a hairdressing tart too I'm afraid but I ticked "£30+", as in Leeds it seems there are very few places that charge less than about £25, even dodgy backstreet barber types! I am currently alternating between swank salon in town (£45ish for cut & finish) and the odd trim at a salon near my house, I go with my hair wet and leave with it wet and pay £10! The stylist there is a lovely lady and perfectly competent but I have awkward hair, and the expensive dude is brilliant. I have to say that customer service is a biggy with me, I don't care if you only charge £15, if I think you're rude I won't come again, but even if the haircut is a bit dodge you can get repeat business from me for being nice.

Down south where I live it's pretty average to pay £35-£40 and that's not for the top stylist either.

I'm a hairdressing tart too I'm afraid but I ticked "£30+", as in Leeds it seems there are very few places that charge less than about £25, even dodgy backstreet barber types! I am currently alternating between swank salon in town (£45ish for cut & finish) and the odd trim at a salon near my house, I go with my hair wet and leave with it wet and pay £10! The stylist there is a lovely lady and perfectly competent but I have awkward hair, and the expensive dude is brilliant. I have to say that customer service is a biggy with me, I don't care if you only charge £15, if I think you're rude I won't come again, but even if the haircut is a bit dodge you can get repeat business from me for being nice.

Ah, Leeds!
Do you know of WestRow salons?

Something else that sets my teeth on edge is when you get to the reception desk and say that you're here for your appointment with (insert therapist's name) at x o'clock, and then they say "oh yes, you're here for a brazilian, aren't you?" It's usually at this point that everyone at the desk looks up, and on one notable occasion one girlie said "oooo you're brave, I wouldn't let anyone put hot wax near my f*nny" (her expression, not mine!)
Imagine the shame. I was furious!

This is a good point and relating to client confidentiality. Many of my clients are known to each other, as they are part of the social group, but unless a client has mentioned to the others that she has been to me, I wouldn't dream of telling anyone else. it's a bit like medical confidentiality in my eyes!

My hair is very high maintenance, it is dry, dull looking etc and I can't really go strainght to my hairdressers and get a cut and blow dry, it would have to include a conditioning treatment, relaxing cream every 4 6 week, and then the cut and blow dry. :( but in the end my hair looks lovely, if I showed you a before and after picture you would pass out :lol::lol::lol:

I'm a bit of hairdressing tart too I'm afraid but I ticked £30+, as in Norwich it seems there are very few places that charge less than about £25,it's not a celebrity or top totty salon but the girls there are friendly ,the atmosphere is good and they do what you ask for.It has taken me a while to find a salon that had the same capabilities as my last stylish(who was a bloke and a marvelous stylish who knew exactly how to deal with peoples hair)and i have this lovely girl who is perfectly competent . I have awkward hair myself it is to fine and i get a shampoo\2 colours and a cut and blowdry for the price i pay which is reasonable for me.

I once paid £80 for a hairstyle from one salon which left me in tears,the hair was bad,the style was naff and the stylish were rude. Customer service is a big thing for me, I don't care if you only charge £20+, if I think you're rude ,i'll tell you and I won't darken your door again, but even if the haircut is a bit naff you can get my custom from me just for being nice.:)

my salon is either 19 for a juniour stylist 221 for a stylist and 24 for a seniours, that bout the going rate in my town lol. . x

Latest posts

Back