The Price of a Cut & Finish???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you pay for a Cut & Finish

• £10 - £15

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • £15 - £20

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • £20 - £25

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • £25 - £30

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • £30 +

Votes: 30 33.3%
  • I dont bother i hack it off myself with the kitchen scissors :eek:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I get FREE haircuts & colour every 5 weeks....................from my hairdressing sister in exchange for me doing her waxing every 3 weeks + nails when she goes on holiday.
I also swap treatments with a girl who gives me a massage once per month in exchange for a pedicure.
Suits me & suits them :)

I pay $25 where I live in Canada, if I'm not cutting it myself , which I think might be around 14-15 pounds.

at my hairdressers it varies depending on whether you have a graduate stylist, stylist, senior stylist or principal stylist. the prices are £22, £30, £35 and £37.50. i have the same stylist and the most i have paid with a colour is £91.50. i don't mind paying as he is very good. what i do object to paying is for a trim. you still pay the same price for a trim as for a cut which i think is ridiculous and i don't have my hair trimmed as much as i should because of this. it takes 5 minutes to trim my hair and they want £30 odd quid!! on yer bike!! :mad:

I am in Dundee in Scotland and charge £30 for a Cut and Finish .. with colour included maximum £68 !! I am not the dearest in my area by a long shot. I look at the prices here and wonder.

I have not increased my prices in a couple of years either - Anyhows I like the info about customers appreciating a proper head massage. Got a skilled junior doing this and it really is a big + from customers.

I go to a 'brand name' salon in Bournemouth town centre and pay my experienced stylist (I can't remember his exact title!) £55 for a cut and blow. I could get a cut and blow for cheaper elsewhere, but seeing as this guy is the best stylist I have had in years, I am happy to pay this.

I get my colour done at salon in the next town because they exclusively use Aveda products for colouring and styling. I pay £55 for semi-permanent colouring and a blow dry.

I paid £48 for a cut and blow dry last week. I'm always happy with the cut, I also get a head massage when they wash my hair, a shoulder and back rub when I go from sink to chair, a hand and arm massage during the cut and a glass of wine and nibbles. I enjoy my visit to the hairdressers!!

Suzanne

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe how cheap it is everywhere else. I work in Surrey, and the salon I was at, the entry-level stylist (i.e. not just qualified and on the floor, more established) charges £37.50!!

I work from home now, and I charge £30 :s and I barely cover my tax, petrol and costs...

I left the salon I worked in because I got paid so little and worked such awful hours - I went to three days 9-5 in an office, evenings and weekends back for me and my husband, and get paid £50 more a week! Why is hairdressing so undervalued!? :irked:

Mine varies. I'm on the West Sussex and Surrey border and have yet to find one single salon that I would pay a repeat visit to. I've paid anything between £20-45 and cannot get anyone do give me a decent cut!

I used to live in central london about 4 years ago, and had the same hairdresser for years. I have the same hairstyle now, it's whats become known as the "Pob" what was then a "Graduated bob", and my former stylist did a cut&finish (without GHD's she managed to get a GHD finish with just a hair dryer) and only charged me £21!!

I paid 45 in Surrey and my "wispy" layers looked like I had hacked at my own hair with shears and the shorter bit at the back looked uneven and choppy. No one ever seems to razor hair anymore either...I love that, my hair always just falls into place when that has been done.

I'm trying somewhere new next week. I don't understand why this is so hard, I bring piccies to help.

We charge £22 stylist/£30 senior stylist for cut and finish, or £27 stylist/£35 senior stylist for a restyle. Our stylists are all qualified in indian head massage and include a lengthy head massage at the basin. Also includes straightners and a glass of wine if required!

It does vary massively - but I would say we were just above average price in our local area.

I actually visit a salon and pay about £20 for a cut and finish.

But I am going to shock you now as I work mobile and charge £10 for a cut and finish:rolleyes: as I have been in business for 20 years I think my prices started then at £4.50 for a cut and finish, as you can see I haven't really put my prices up that much in 20years, but you would be suprised how unhappy people are even if the price increases by 50p:rolleyes: mad eh?

I am getting back into the beauty business now and intend to charge the proper prices from the off, and put them up accordingley

:Love: I live in the west midlands and we only charge at present for a cut and finish from £10.00

This is due to us being a new salon and trying to build up a good client base

I go to a posh salon locally, they do a lot of celebs, as well as being a bit of a celeb themselves!!
£37.90 for a trim & finish, or £47.90 for a restyle and finish. Colour, cut & finish can be £120+ depends on how many colours and length of hair.

I go every week (my treat to myself after a 50+ hour week) for a blowdry at £25.90..... its exspensive but I love how my hairdresser does my hair, I've got thick natural very curly hair, and want sleek, smooth hair with volume, done with a hairdryer not straighteners ...that lasts!

Just the haircut thing? about £12 I think, but that's was a couple of years ago
Now I get 2-3 natural looking highlights and cut for £60, mobile hair colourist who I would recommend to anyone, I was quite worried about colouring my hair after seeing others hair and bad salon experiences, but shes great!

at my hairdressers it varies depending on whether you have a graduate stylist, stylist, senior stylist or principal stylist. the prices are £22, £30, £35 and £37.50. i have the same stylist and the most i have paid with a colour is £91.50. i don't mind paying as he is very good. what i do object to paying is for a trim. you still pay the same price for a trim as for a cut which i think is ridiculous and i don't have my hair trimmed as much as i should because of this. it takes 5 minutes to trim my hair and they want £30 odd quid!! on yer bike!! :mad:

I sense your annoyance :), but remember the stylist is still using a whole (cutting) appointment slot and they have to charge for their time - most are on minimum wage, they see only a very tiny part of your £30.

hi there
we charge £18.50 for students and £20.50-£24.50 normal price. my salon is on the outskirts of Birmingham in quite a run down area, but we're always busy because we're so nice :lol: (maybe) I always wonder if i should put my prices up but it's scarey i always think clients will go elsewhere if i'm more expensive!

I live midway between Newbury and Basingstoke, and the prices around here would make your eyes water!
A c & b costs a minimum of £37 depending on the staff grade, add highlights to that and you're over a ton.
A friend went to v posh, v high profile salon in London and was treated to a shocking experience. The stylist was on his mobile the entire time, and even nicked her ear because he was more interested in his phone conversation than her. She had her head scalded because there was a fault with the thermostat, and was charged extra for a glass of water!
This all cost her £160. And the haircut was truly the worst I've ever seen her have.
I agree wholeheartedly with the "your 3 o'clock is here" thang. I had that happen to me once and I said "and your 3 o'clock is leaving. How very rude you are!"

I struggle to understand a couple of things. Without customers we have no business. Does it not behove us to treat them such that they want to come back again and again?
As customers ourselves why do we put up with shoddy service? I have no compunction in letting businesses know if I'm not happy with their service, while remaining polite, factual and calm. However, on occasion I have actually said to some surly, gum chewing, disinterested girl/chap, "could we just remind ourselves of which one of us is paying your wages?"
I abhor poor customer service, and I sing from the rooftops when I receive really good service!

hi there
we charge £18.50 for students and £20.50-£24.50 normal price. my salon is on the outskirts of Birmingham in quite a run down area, but we're always busy because we're so nice :lol: (maybe) I always wonder if i should put my prices up but it's scary i always think clients will go elsewhere if I'm more expensive!

Hi

Yes this is my dilemma at the moment hence the poll i have decided to up my prices this year by 20% in a structured bi-annual move :wink2: hoping they won't notice :lol:

1st April my prices rise by 10% then again 1st Oct by another 10% this is only hair though.

Beauty prices are a different thing, its so cut throat! There is a salon about a mile away doing nails for £20!!! There are so many salons around me and i like to stay competitive piecewise. Loads of Mobile's popping up then popping off again too.

Still back to hair............ as i haven't raised my prices for getting on for 2 years i don't think 20% is too outrageous.... what do you guys think?

As to the 3 o'clock thing yes that is very rude, one of my staff said that to me the other day and did she get a telling off! I must take some responsibility though as she is new i need to give her some of my customer care training i think!!

ooh i cant beleive people refer to clients as a 3 / 4 o clock etc... thats pretty bad aint it ! we were always taught its mrs xxxxxx , mr xxxxxx, miss xxxxx,
its like saying ooh your pedicures here , it just sounds awful dont it ? :eek:

Something else that sets my teeth on edge is when you get to the reception desk and say that you're here for your appointment with (insert therapist's name) at x o'clock, and then they say "oh yes, you're here for a brazilian, aren't you?" It's usually at this point that everyone at the desk looks up, and on one notable occasion one girlie said "oooo you're brave, I wouldn't let anyone put hot wax near my f*nny" (her expression, not mine!)
Imagine the shame. I was furious!

Something else that sets my teeth on edge is when you get to the reception desk and say that you're here for your appointment with (insert therapist's name) at x o'clock, and then they say "oh yes, you're here for a brazilian, aren't you?" It's usually at this point that everyone at the desk looks up, and on one notable occasion one girlie said "oooo you're brave, I wouldn't let anyone put hot wax near my f*nny" (her expression, not mine!)
Imagine the shame. I was furious!

You know what ladies i think this topic deserves its own thread :wink:

Latest posts

Back