The Pro Gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFBS

Reaction score
Just looking for any reviews of using The Pro Gel system. I believe it was launched 5 or 6 months ago with a range of colours and cat eye gels.
I’m interested to know what the removal time / process is?
Is it a 100 % hard gel?
And any other comments...?
I have a couple of clients who have it put on by a local lady and it does seem to be staying on their nails for weeks.

I’ve looked at the pro gel website and fb page but doesn’t give much technical detail. Emailing them didn’t help me either with info.

Just looking for any reviews of using The Pro Gel system. I believe it was launched 5 or 6 months ago with a range of colours and cat eye gels.
I’m interested to know what the removal time / process is?
Is it a 100 % hard gel?
And any other comments...?
I have a couple of clients who have it put on by a local lady and it does seem to be staying on their nails for weeks.

I’ve looked at the pro gel website and fb page but doesn’t give much technical detail. Emailing them didn’t help me either with info.

According to their website (see below), The Pro Gel is a soak off gel system, which removes quickly.

The Cats Eye gels look gorgeous btw.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...eprogel.com/&usg=AOvVaw1SXf5p7z_-RdXoJ14D2f7r

I looked at their MSDS, it's 'certified' by what looks like a Chinese/Asian lab, I'd be a little wary.

According to their website (see below), The Pro Gel is a soak off gel system, which removes quickly.

The Cats Eye gels look gorgeous btw.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...eprogel.com/&usg=AOvVaw1SXf5p7z_-RdXoJ14D2f7r

Thanks for your speedy reply.
I emailed the company who confirmed that it is 100% gel product and they just referred me to their on line sites for more information.
I've looked through everything but although it's claiming to be a soak off gel I can only find images of the gel being removed with an efile.

I'm going to assume that it is a product where you buff off the top coat and then soak the underneath layers in acetone for 20 minutes or more.
I know my clients who have this gel say "it's a job to get off" which must mean that it takes time and effort (they've all had shellac or other brands in the past). If my Lecente Create gel takes 20 - 30 mins of soaking once the top coat is off, I'm wondering if this brand takes even longer.

I have emailed the company again to ask for very specific information about removal. I'll let you know what comes back!

I looked at their MSDS, it's 'certified' by what looks like a Chinese/Asian lab, I'd be a little wary.

Oh right, thanks for that tip, perhaps I'll study the sheets in more detail.

Edit: Looking at the MSDS sheets, they carry a warning that the HEMA category is at 20%.
With so many other gel brands being HEMA free these days I'm thinking it's probably not a good move to start using this brand.

Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:
Oh right, thanks for that tip, perhaps I'll study the sheets in more detail.

Edit: Looking at the MSDS sheets, they carry a warning that the HEMA category is at 20%.
With so many other gel brands being HEMA free these days I'm thinking it's probably not a good move to start using this brand.

Thanks for your help :)

Good work! :oops:

Like I'm always saying 'do your own research' - dont just rely on the info sent by the company.

Geeks rock :cool:

Latest posts

Back