The process to become a nail tech???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmamarie

Reaction score
Afternoon Geeks :)

Hope you are well!

I am just wondering about the different ways to train as a nail tech?
I am a beauty therapist and am qualified in manicures/pedicures but only with the natural nails. I would eventually like to progress and do nail enhancements but I must admit i am totally confused by all the different companies offering different length courses:irked::irked:
For example: In one of my wholesalers last week they were advertising a 5 day course using acrylic. Does that mean after 5 days i will be qualified?? or do I have to go back and do another part of the course??:confused:
I am really quite confused:cry:
If people can explain what process they went through to become qualified in nail enhancements I think I will be able to see my options a bit more clearly:!:

Thanks geeks:hug: xxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
I decided i wanted to become a nail tech last year,looking back i wish i could of had some advice from someone as too who to do my training with too(i didnt have internet access then),i took a 4 day intensive course,and recieved a diploma ,which wasnt exactly hard ,but i felt from there i was left to my own divices ,to learn by mistakes and to over come different situations ,making decisions for myself.
If i could go back i would of trained in a certain product ie:creative,brisa ,instead of spending out on different products and wasting them because i wasnt getting on with them ,make sure which ever training you go for they cover nail disorders,(which you may already have done),thorough training on infills and applying tips to different nail shapes ,these are 3 things i didnt feel i got trained in enough.
As too wether you should train in gel or l&p ,i feel there is more demand for l&p but obviously you could train in both and earn more pennies.
Good luck with what ever training you do, i dont regret nail tech training but wish at the time i had internet access so i could of had some advice on the best nail training.

Hi,
I decided i wanted to become a nail tech last year,looking back i wish i could of had some advice from someone as too who to do my training with too(i didnt have internet access then),i took a 4 day intensive course,and recieved a diploma ,which wasnt exactly hard ,but i felt from there i was left to my own divices ,to learn by mistakes and to over come different situations ,making decisions for myself.
If i could go back i would of trained in a certain product ie:creative,brisa ,instead of spending out on different products and wasting them because i wasnt getting on with them ,make sure which ever training you go for they cover nail disorders,(which you may already have done),thorough training on infills and applying tips to different nail shapes ,these are 3 things i didnt feel i got trained in enough.
As too wether you should train in gel or l&p ,i feel there is more demand for l&p but obviously you could train in both and earn more pennies.
Good luck with what ever training you do, i dont regret nail tech training but wish at the time i had internet access so i could of had some advice on the best nail training.
Hi Deb :hug:
Thankyou very much for your reply!
It has given me very good advice:)

Latest posts

Back