the professional nail trainer!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm eternally grateful to my 'HandyAndy.' He's always there when I want him and never complains or gets bored because I'm too slow. I just get up and walk away when I've had enough of him and he never takes offence. :)

Seriously, I'd be getting nowhere fast without him and he's worth every penny. I bought mine brand new from Capitol, but I'd probably go to ebay for a much cheaper deal on reflection. You can't check for lifting and he doesn't tend to need much rebalancing, but you can't have everything and he's soooo reliable I forgive him. I would definitely get one if I were you, unless you've got a never ending supply of 'Real' <and very patient> hands.

Oddly enough, this is what my hubby came up with, It does the job!
Love my dolly pegs :d

DSCF2205%20(Small).JPG

DSCF2206%20(Small).JPG

wow thats wicked hun!!! and the idea was from a man,well i am shocked lol:lol:
thank you for sharing x x x:hug:

Annabann,

I have the same little problem (nailbeds falling off)... but found a solution:idea:. I put a small piece of fabric (nailwipe, not the cell fabric ones) on the finger and then press the nailbed on it. The piece that secures the nailbed to the finger takes down the little piece of fabric in that case, and this makes the whole thing a bit more secure and stabilized.

Do you understand what I mean (as I am not an native english oriented person, I sometimes have trouble explaining myself:green:. Hmm, it can also be because I am a bit chaotic in my head:green::green:...)?

loving all the name you guys call your trainer i thought i was mad giving mine a name! shes called andrea!

Well, I love mine (also have the one that now the nail pops out of, will try the ideas above!)

I don't have a big family or circle of friends, so I mostly practise on myself or on Sonny (ever seen I, Robot with Will Smith? Sonny's named after the main robot in that, looks just like his hand!:green:). I have improved so much since I met Sonny, and he's always willing to lend a hand:irked:

Gladys is the head that I use for my hairdressing course, and I have a dressmakers dummy. I'm thinking of putting them all together, and waiting for a night with lots of thunder and lightning........:eek:

iv got one and it is great ,i practice all the time with mine as i am the same as you and havent got any one to pratice on apart from my mam :lol:.i have just started advertising and got my 1st person booked in for the 13th dec :eek:carnt wait, but im scared to death lol

Im new to this site so was desperate to add a comment somewhere...lol!
I did my training actually using the practice hands on my course. You can use it for any nail system, i did acrylic, UV gel, fibreglass & airbrushing. I found it to be really useful and definately worth getting for the practice!!
But definately look on ebay as there are always tons going cheap n a lota ppl bung a lot of stuck in with it, so don't go paying full price unneccesarily!:)

I do like my nail trainer for practicing nail art and smile lines. It does'nt really help me with mix ratio as obviously clients hands are warm and the trainer is cold, I also find that one of the things that needs most practice is prepping and it does'nt really help with that either. Generally speaking though it is good for extra pratice and seems to amuse my lads because every time I go in there its striking a different pose, if you know what I mean :eek: ! I had to remove a cigarette from its fingers last week :rolleyes:.

thank's for your feedback penn,i am going to get one for sure,and welcome to the site,your love it so many nice people on here(and it is well addictive)i find myself on here for hours some days ha! x x x

I love the dolly peg idea ,,,thats fab

And my clients love nothing more that to put nancy's fingers into a rather offensive pose...then putting her in my window lol,
It might eventually put all the nosey parkers from staring in when they walk past :green:

I just have one of them windows people LOVE to stare in l0l

i have just brought my nail trainer(WINNIE) Can't wait till i receive her in the post by this friday teee hee,well excited hope she does the job! santa brought me her for xmas from beauty for nails at a costly £139 but then at least i kno she's all mine!! and i get bit's and bobs with her like instructions!!..and a progress chart!! and nails!! unlike the offers on ebay at the moment! anyway wanted to share my exciting news i am now off to wait my the door till friday morning for the post man bye xx tee heee xx:lol::lol:

Iv just ordered one too and cant wait to get it :lol:

hi you get it from Gina Wallace internet site (in america) for about £90 inc delivery i looked yesterday !!

Ive never used a nail trainer, am I alone on this? When I did my nvq it was straight into it on real nails. x

Hi

I had one - thought I knew it all and sold her! Regretted it and have since bought another one! "Betty" Mark II is extremely patient and never complains when I take hours doing her nails!

Ive never used a nail trainer, am I alone on this? When I did my nvq it was straight into it on real nails. x

Yes you are alone:green:
Just kidding hun, I would never part from Thing, she doesn't need the loo, or a ciggie, or tea or food, she doesn't get board, or mind that I'm unable to sleep and had a brain wave at 2am and when I was just starting she never moaned that I'd over filed, cut her cuticle or built her a mountain :o I was lucky and got her as part of my kit when I did my foundation course with Creative.
I have 2 different types of nails for her, one is the different types of nails, broken, flat etc and the other is like a finished enhancement and is perfect for nail art

I thought I was after reading that everyone had one. Although my fella's fingernails came in very handy :lol:

my nail trainer hand is definately one of my best buys yet

its great for practising all systems and nail art designs

brand new they are quite expensive, I got mines off geekbay for about £50

I thought I was after reading that everyone had one. Although my fella's fingernails came in very handy :lol:

My oh wont play, he comes to trade shows and gives me money to spend but won't offer his body in any beauty shape or form:green:
Someone on here, her avatar is a sweet dog, has her plummer oh wearing a full set of forever french to prove how well they stay on :eek:

Latest posts

Back