the professional nail trainer!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahlouise

Reaction score
hello geeks,
i always go to sallys to buy my all my bits and bobs! but i do tend to shop online with beauty for nails where i came across 'the professional nail trainer' its £139:eek:(including delivery)now to me thats well expensive but as i am so so keen to get better and i want to practise when i am not working or doing clients nails,i only have two girls a week at the moment (as i just started out) and i really really want more practise!if i could i would pack in my day job to just concentrate on nails,nails,nails!:D but for the moment i need more training and more practise(sorry i am going off the subject) so anyway as i was saying this nail trainer,has anyone got one?i know that you get one of these training hands when you do a home study course with essential nails..but i have booked for more training with pinks academy.Can some geeks let me know if they have one and how they have got on with it?I am really keen on getting this but want to see the feedback on it before i buy it(unless if i write a letter to santa for christmas maybe he could buy me one ):lol: thank you for reading.. x x x

I love my nail trainer.....I hold hands with him more nowadays than my husband! lol!

Seriously thuogh, a great investment if you are serious about being a tech....it s a handy model for when you feeling like trying something new and there's no one around to try it out on. And great for just perfecting techniques.

Although I'd check out geekbay and occasionally even ebay as there are often good deals come up on near perfect secondhand ones.

People are always selling them second hand (LOL!) on ebay.

i wouldnt be without mine! ive only had one person offer to let me do a full set of gels on her (doing them sat) without the trainer id never get any practise done! also great for trying out different nail art.
ebay tend to sell them quite cheap and sometimes they even throw in the course! i paid £120 for mine and that included everything i needed to compleate the gel nails course (i have to pay £90 to transfer it to my name though) hth xxx

i wouldnt be without mine now,its the best money i ever spent(apart from my training of course). anyway i bought mine of ebay for about £70 and i got lots of extra stuff with it.theres usually loads on ebay.its definately worth having a look.good luck

I have one that i got with my essential nails course...I think they are really good for practising on, I am looking at buying another one...so I have a full set! but i wont be buying a new one as they are too expensive...there are loads on ebay!

thank you guys for your feedback..you have convinced me that the nail trainer is fab!
does the trainer clip onto things for when your practising?or do you lay it across a table as you would with a client's hand?

it has a clamp that just attaches to the table it stays quite stll to mine only fell off once and that was coz my son was swinging on it!!!

it has a clamp that just attaches to the table it stays quite stll to mine only fell off once and that was coz my son was swinging on it!!!

:lol:lol:lol:

mines usually ok..sometimes the finger nails pop off a bit which can be annoying and one of the fingers actually fell apart once while i was doing something! lol but it all goes back together and usually ok!

mines usually ok..sometimes the finger nails pop off a bit which can be annoying and one of the fingers actually fell apart once while i was doing something! lol but it all goes back together and usually ok!

so you can use all systems on the trainer? puting tips on?sculps? ect x

i do l&p but as far as i know it can be used for anything.

I got mine on Ebay and wasn't to impressed to be honest. Maybe I just had bad luck.

what was wrong with it...or just not what you expected?

I bought mine for about £40 from eBay and it was great. There are always lots on there so I would definitely check it out.

I love my nancy nail trainer ..
I did have a little super skint mo, and nearly sold her ..but thankgod I never ...

she is permantly clamped to my desk..i remove her after scaring clients with her.

After 2 years since i began training I still use her allll the time.

Even to practice a new nail art idea that pops in to your head..

sometimes my nail beds pop off (really they do lol)
when I have the finger pads on....so I remove them..and just slide the nail bed into the white clip part under where the rubber finger bit go's
no more problems

xxxx

I got mine on Ebay and wasn't to impressed to be honest. Maybe I just had bad luck.

what was wrong with yours? x

I go through a love hate relationship with mine. It is second to none for practice. My only beef with it is that sometimes the nail bed pops off, but just read that a geek had this problem so removed the finger pad and no more problems so might try that.

But seriously i have spent TWO WEEKS solid practicing and it was brilliant, i have improved in all areas. i couldnt have done this without the nail trainer.

I would try to get one off ebay or see if a fellow geek is selling one, it will be worth it. But i do understand not wanting to pay out just in case. As i said sometimes i love it sometimes it gets on my nerves :eek:, lol just realised i said a plastic fake hand gets on my nerves, need sleep, lol, xx

I wouldn't be without my Jimi Handrix!
he is the most patient.. well behaved client i have! i talk with him about how im getting on.. and if he is being a bugger i threaten to cover him in flowers!!

yup the nail beds pop off but as mine came with one missing finger pad i found out that that one stays on better (as emmsy pointed out) .. so more often then not i work without the pads..

I got mine of a lovely Geek through Geekbay.. i put up a "want one now" notice and she contacted me.. had a few nightmares with payment through paypal.. and breaking my hand (my actual hand not jimi).. but she was ever so patient..
great price.. and i even got 2 boxes of nail beds and 2 trays of tips!! bargain!! now if the need to practise takes me i just clamp him up and away we go...

A few tips i found on here before i got mine were.... filling a rubber glove with birdseed and sticking tips to the fingers..
and using a piece of dowel.. with the tip blutacked to the end.. there are so many options when you think about it.. that you can use untill you can afford the real deal!

hth :green:

your only beef with it..lol not heard that saying in age ha,funny.anyway cheers for your feedback bettyboo,i am going to get one for sure,everyone seems to say they are worth having..x

Latest posts

Back