the professional nail trainer!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm eternally grateful to my 'HandyAndy.' He's always there when I want him and never complains or gets bored because I'm too slow. I just get up and walk away when I've had enough of him and he never takes offence. :)

Seriously, I'd be getting nowhere fast without him and he's worth every penny. I bought mine brand new from Capitol, but I'd probably go to ebay for a much cheaper deal on reflection. You can't check for lifting and he doesn't tend to need much rebalancing, but you can't have everything and he's soooo reliable I forgive him. I would definitely get one if I were you, unless you've got a never ending supply of 'Real' <and very patient> hands.

I LOVE MINE, WHEN I NEEDED TO PRACTICE LIFTING OR REBALANCE I CREATED MY OWN REBALANCE NAILS FROM L&P TO GET USED TO MY FILING. ITS THE BEST INVESTMENT AS EVERYONE SAYS AND I TOO HAVE TO REMOVE THE RUBBER FINGERTIPS TO STOP THEM FLYING OFF HAHA

Ive never used a nail trainer, am I alone on this? When I did my nvq it was straight into it on real nails. x
I've never used one either. I would really love to have one but when I found out the cost of them here I nearly died. I was expecting half the price.

I've never used one either. I would really love to have one but when I found out the cost of them here I nearly died. I was expecting half the price.

Have a look on eBay, I bought mine for £40 from there and it is fab.:)

hi you get it from Gina Wallace internet site (in america) for about £90 inc delivery i looked yesterday !!

the problem with ordering from the states is that you get charged import duty etcc unless you pay it when you order it but this really bumps the price up.

Ive got a CND one with all bits inc progress cards if anyone wants to make me an offer on it.

My oh wont play, he comes to trade shows and gives me money to spend but won't offer his body in any beauty shape or form:green:
Someone on here, her avatar is a sweet dog, has her plummer oh wearing a full set of forever french to prove how well they stay on :eek:

I did read this thread, what a good sport he is! I must admit even with my aftercare plugged into my fella he did eventually chew them all off. For which of course he got a telling off :lol:

i wouldnt be without mine! ive only had one person offer to let me do a full set of gels on her (doing them sat) without the trainer id never get any practise done! also great for trying out different nail art.
ebay tend to sell them quite cheap and sometimes they even throw in the course! i paid £120 for mine and that included everything i needed to compleate the gel nails course (i have to pay £90 to transfer it to my name though) hth xxx

Can you use any kind of tip on this trainer hand or do you have to use what they send to you and order more once they are done?

Thanks, Nash

i wouldnt be without mine now,its the best money i ever spent(apart from my training of course). anyway i bought mine of ebay for about £70 and i got lots of extra stuff with it.theres usually loads on ebay.its definately worth having a look.good luck

LOL ya'll must have bought them all. I just looked on ebay and couldn't find a one. What are you typing in to find them? I typed in nail trainer, nail trainer by gina wallace and came up with notta.

Nash (who wants one really bad :green:)

LOL ya'll must have bought them all. I just looked on ebay and couldn't find a one. What are you typing in to find them? I typed in nail trainer, nail trainer by gina wallace and came up with notta.

Nash (who wants one really bad :green:)

You were right with what you typed in but i guess no one wants to sell any :eek:- keep checking hun- they really are worth the money...

Last edited:
hiya hun i'm trying to get one of these for practice too, theres about 20 on ebay.co.uk i just typed in nail trainer in the search bar and they all popped up
x

hi everyone,
i agree the nail trianer is a great invention, thanks for the tips on how to keep the tips on. that's so annoying when they flick off, usually when your creating your best ever creation, mine came from ebay too. do try to bid on one that has the tips, as i didn't and had to wait to order some, and they can be as expensive as £18.00 .plusthg:hug:

hi everyone,
i agree the nail trianer is a great invention, thanks for the tips on how to keep the tips on. that's so annoying when they flick off, usually when your creating your best ever creation, mine came from ebay too. do try to bid on one that has the tips, as i didn't and had to wait to order some, and they can be as expensive as £18.00 .plusthg:hug:

I WANT ONE TOOOOOOOOOOOOO :green::cry:

I will just keep trying but if I don't see one on ebay in a few days I am going to order it from the company. I want to practice practice practice NOW!!!! LOL

Nash

I WANT ONE TOOOOOOOOOOOOO :green::cry:

I will just keep trying but if I don't see one on ebay in a few days I am going to order it from the company. I want to practice practice practice NOW!!!! LOL

Nash
go on ebay and type in the search box the Item number: 260220949303. its a creative nail trainer with extras, hths x

i think the best thing you can practice on is a real persons nails.i know it can be hard to find people who will let you but i think the real thing is always best,this way you can experience the different types of nail shapes and get feed back.if your having trouble finding people maybe ask your local shop if you can put a small ad in the window explaining that your not yet qualified and is lookin for models.you'll probably find tons of teenagers will apply as they dont have so much money! i trained with CND and have never practised with a 'nail trainer',just lots of willing models! hth xx

go on ebay and type in the search box the Item number: 260220949303. its a creative nail trainer with extras, hths x

Thank you sooooooooooo much :hug:
Got my bid in.

Nash

i think the best thing you can practice on is a real persons nails.i know it can be hard to find people who will let you but i think the real thing is always best,this way you can experience the different types of nail shapes and get feed back.if your having trouble finding people maybe ask your local shop if you can put a small ad in the window explaining that your not yet qualified and is lookin for models.you'll probably find tons of teenagers will apply as they dont have so much money! i trained with CND and have never practised with a 'nail trainer',just lots of willing models! hth xx

Yes, I agree a live model would be great but I still would like the practice on the training hand. One time I did someone hands it took 5 hours :eek: I never want to do that again. She was very sensitive and her side-walls were thick. It was a nightmare. I know that not every one is like that. I still would like the hand to practice on from time to time.

Nash

I want to buy one too...keeping an eye out for a 'cheap' one......:green:

I bought my nail trainer from Here's the secret to learn how to do nails 70% FASTER! Nail extensions training help made easy for nail students, nail technicians and manicurists

I wasn't comfortable with buying from eBay and not having a warranty.
The customer service reps are AWESOME and very knowledgable about their product.
I just love my nail trainer. I like having a free hand to work on whenever I get a new idea. You can't find someone to offer their hand at 3 am just so you can try a new nail art design :lol:

My clients love seeing the nail art displayed on the hand so they can see how it looks before they try it on themselves.

You will NEVER regret investing in your Nail Trainer :)

Are the nail trainer's just to practice acrylic and gel? or can you practice fibreglass and silk on them too?

Are the nail trainer's just to practice acrylic and gel? or can you practice fibreglass and silk on them too?
i think you can practice anything on them, essential nails do home learn courses in gel, acrylic, fibreglass and airbrushing which all come with a nail trainer so you should be able to practice any system on it. x

I bought my nail trainer from Here's the secret to learn how to do nails 70% FASTER! Nail extensions training help made easy for nail students, nail technicians and manicurists

I wasn't comfortable with buying from eBay and not having a warranty.
The customer service reps are AWESOME and very knowledgable about their product.
I just love my nail trainer. I like having a free hand to work on whenever I get a new idea. You can't find someone to offer their hand at 3 am just so you can try a new nail art design :lol:

My clients love seeing the nail art displayed on the hand so they can see how it looks before they try it on themselves.

You will NEVER regret investing in your Nail Trainer :)

I have a question. On the site it says:
7. Nail Trainer acrylic primer (specially formulated for use on the Nail Trainer plastic nails.)
8. Nail Trainer gel prep solution (specially formulated for use on the Nail Trainer plastic nails.)
Can we use our on primer and gel prep solution or do we have to use what comes with it? I want to invest in Creative Brisa but I want to be able to practice with the Brisa products.

Thanks, Nash

Latest posts

Back