The salon professionals community

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becki x

Reaction score
Ok there's a stickey but is anyone reading it ?

The nail geek,as a site and now only a forum is extremely sucessfull. Industry professionals debating,discussing educating and brainstorming.

The hair geek,well :rolleyes: peeps wanting advise on how to acheive salon results with no relevant qualification and using over the counter products,give me strength. :mad:

Clip in hair extensions my neice can buy at the market and apply at home,how to colour my hair with a "shader" and hope it'll end up platinum blonde and are my iron's fake are hardly professionasl topics and are certainly not what a professional forum should include.

So come on hair messers,let's see some quality threads and show your passion for the industry.

And to everyone else,just because your thread or question contains the word hair :D doesn't mean it belongs in the proffessional forums.

Ok i'm off my soap box and ducking for cover :lol:

:Love: and :hug:'s from a geek who cares

Aw Becki, I wasn't aware this was still happening.

Well how about you lead the way and start some thought provoking threads off. Ask peeps opinions on the latest techniques, trends etc. It may take a while to get new members to get going, but once people see that this a serious forum for HAIR professionals then it will take off. It took a while for the skin geek to get going, but now people are less afraid to ask the silly questions ... and they are usually from me :rolleyes:!!!!! And it tends to be just the beauty people that reply now.

Come on girl you can do it! the hair geek needs you :green:

:lol: Sass, i'll get on to it :!: Even though i do very little hair now,i find it frustrating that this could be such a valuable tool to the industry and it isn't being used to it's full potential IMO

Just a thought,but it would be great if peeps could post more pics too,some more tutorials or step by steps,maybe even a little comp, just to get those creative juices flowing

I don't do hair but i do agree that a comp would be a good idea,
might be just what is needed to show it is for hair professionals and might get there juices of interest flowing,
and i am sure the rest of us would enjoy looking at the different styles and voting hth

I don't do hair but i do agree that a comp would be a good idea,
might be just what is needed to show it is for hair professionals and might get there juices of interest flowing,
and i am sure the rest of us would enjoy looking at the different styles and voting hth

Thanks hun i appreciate that.

Come on hair geeks what about you ?

The hair geek,well :rolleyes: peeps wanting advise on how to acheive salon results with no relevant qualification and using over the counter products,give me strength. :mad:

Hi becki x , hmm the above drives me nuts too ,
I look at the nail geek forum and it is mainly for giving professional to professional advice,

but the hair forum is so like an advice column for anyone who wants to do hair at home ,
I thought it was for professional to professional just like the nail forum :confused:

:hug: x

Hi becki x , hmm the above drives me nuts too ,
I look at the nail geek forum and it is mainly for giving professional to professional advice,

but the hair forum is so like an advice column for anyone who wants to do hair at home ,
I thought it was for professional to professional just like the nail forum :confused:

:hug: x

Come on then, help Becki into making it a kick arse forum! It was the same for a while when the skin geek came online, but the beauty bods on here soon put a stop to that. The hair forum is YOUR forum so use it, promote it and lead the way for others to follow! :wink2:

I totally agree to the above posts. x

some tutorials would be fab especially for me and a comp would be great too....... step by steps for cuts...would be good for me....we get shown once at college then we practise on blocks...so these could be printed off and refered back too.
and thanks girls for all the help.........you have helped a lot of us hair students alotttttttttttttttttt xxxxx

I'll do a couple of step by steps if you would like,pic's might be a prob as my NEW camera is broken :rolleyes:

But if you want me to i'd be happy,just let me know which cut

I'll contact the mod squad and find out if a comp can be arranged

I love to read what the hair professionals have to say but I stopped reading HAIR threads when non hair pro's started answering the threads.

Come on hair geeks........I'd love to read your answers. I think that being a hair pro is such a talent and a skill, so big yourselves up a bit. xxx

just wanted to clear something up in my head....can hairdressing students offer advice on hair threads, or shall i leave it to the trained hairdressers sometimes i am not sure if i should or shouldnt answer ?????????????

just wanted to clear something up in my head....can hairdressing students offer advice on hair threads, or shall i leave it to the trained hairdressers sometimes i am not sure if i should or shouldnt answer ?????????????

Why not ? Trained or training,either way it's not DIY :lol:

well your training and input will hopefully be the most up to date so why not?

Come on geeks there are still so many non pro threads popping up,let's raise the standards of the hair geek :!:

Great thread Becki ! nothing like a thought provoking thread to get the juices
flowing... and I agree abouth the hair forum becoming a diy ..... i myself am guilty of asking questions about my own hair styling tips but ive been so short of cash couldnt afford a hairdresser at the time, sorted now though..

Dont want to step on anybodys toes here and I may be wrong but putting
step by steps and tutiorals on surely this is going to give the general public
more tips on how to achieve their own hairstyle at home .... just a thought
maybe wrong. I know myself on the Nail Forum I do try and copy some things I seen on here but I am trained that is the difference, who knows what other diy nail jobs are going on out there without us knowing ....

Just a thought Becki, and in know way do i mean to be argumentative:hug:

The competions would be great to see also, lets see how talented you hair geeks are then .....

Thanks xxxx

Julez x

i was thinking that jewsey, about step by steps encouraging diy'ers....but there are nail prep etc turorials...plus....with cutting step by steps......its a lot more complicated if you dont know what over graduate is etc...if your not doing hair....if you catch my drift....plus step by step cuts.....will help me......:lol::lol:.
becki.....would love a graduated bob step by step as my block is ready( she has had an anita harris cut for far too long) if anyone remebers her pmsl

i was thinking that jewsey, about step by steps encouraging diy'ers....but there are nail prep etc turorials...plus....with cutting step by steps......its a lot more complicated if you dont know what over graduate is etc...if your not doing hair....if you catch my drift....plus step by step cuts.....will help me......:lol::lol:.

I suppose there is the terminology most of us wouldnt understand teqnique names let alone try and do them lol.....
No your right .... just thought that maybe there will be threads saying "what is a graduated bob and how do you it achieve " type threads .... maybe because im interesed in hair too aswell as nails, i do like to check out the hair forum for hints and tips on blowdrying etc... thanks for that.
Thanks for clarifying that for me Jox

Julez xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I cant do piccies cos i'm a technophobe, but will help with any questions about professional hairdressing.
Iv been a working hairdresser for 0ver 25 years, and still learn something new every day. Just feel free to ask.

Elaine xxxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back