The Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Any body seen nailsi being done in the Salon yet..I have watched it nearly religiously to see the sneak of an odd manicure and that's it...

NO but I saw the worst pedicure being performed that I have ever seen. The girl didn't have a clue what she was doing and spent the whole time just digging around the large toenails with the small file that comes tucked up inside an old pair of clippers .. you know the one with the curved end? she didn't have proper tools and clearly hadn't got the slightest idea.

She was working on that guy who walked along the bottom of lock Ness in an old fashioned diving suit ... his feet were atrocious ... I felt a bit of sympathy for the girl on that point ... he should have gone straight to a chiropodist and never to a pedicurist.

geeg said:
NO but I saw the worst pedicure being performed that I have ever seen. The girl didn't have a clue what she was doing and spent the whole time just digging around the large toenails with the small file that comes tucked up inside an old pair of clippers .. you know the one with the curved end? she didn't have proper tools and clearly hadn't got the slightest idea.

She was working on that guy who walked along the bottom of lock Ness in an old fashioned diving suit ... his feet were atrocious ... I felt a bit of sympathy for the girl on that point ... he should have gone straight to a chiropodist and never to a pedicurist.

Hi Geeg... I saw that. She is so unprofessional! He didn't seem that bothered though did he, he's probabaly lost all feeling in his feet after all he's been through. I have voted her out this week. I voted her out the first week but it didn't seem to make much difference :|

The insight into all the non-hair stuff in the salon seems as fleeting as they could possibly get away with. Seems to me that unless it involves bareing of plenty of flesh to up the viewing figures they don't really care about this side of it ......... suppose that has a lot to do with sponsorship ........ if it doesnt promote GHD products then its not getting a look in :lol:

As for the manicure/pedicure side of it ........ the few bits they have shown show nail technicians in such a poor light maybe its better they keep glossing over it. The really dipsy employee (is it Georgina ??) certainly had me aghast on several occasions ...... the cuticle flooding still sticks in my mind. Has she actually HAD any training & does she take ANY pride in her work?

I have more or less given up watching it now. I think it's showing salons in the worst possible light. Makes us look unprofessional in our jobs (remember the lass on the last series who dyed a clients neck blue then could not find the colour remover so said to a colleague "oh, never mind I'll try to get it off with water") and nothing but a bunch of attention seeking gossips.

I cannot STAND Georgina!! She is SO unprofessional its shocking!!!

Iv said since the series started that she needs to go! Especially after the manicure she did where she painted 'nail art' on the poor client, she wrote the name of one of the junior stylists on the nails and got nail polish all over the hands and cuticles, at least she got told off for it!

I remember the pedicure one aswell, what the heck was that all about?! Awful!

I dont think neither Sarah or Georgina are qualified to do nail enhancements, thats why you dont see them being done!! They had a lady is came in for one day who did them aswell as nail art, and thats been it. The last series was so much better for nails, Sabrina was brill :)

xxlaylaxx

after reading all these posts re; the salon, i'm a bit gutted.

not just because of the bad image that it portrays of nail tech's, but i've got a screen test nxt friday for a tv prog. & to say i'm nervous about it would b a serious understatement!!!
i'm not worried about them scrutinising my nail skills (they've probably never seen 1/2 the stuff that we're capable of)

no, it starts with...
what the hell do i wear? (i hear tv puts on 10lbs, & i haven't had time to loose the choccies 7 booze excesses yet!!)

will i b able to talk coherantly without people thinking that i've lost my false teeth!

who else is up for the job? ( i know i'm not the only 1)

i was hopeing to watch the salon for some tips, but after what every1 has put up here mayb i won't bother!

liza xx

liza smith said:
i was hopeing to watch the salon for some tips, but after what every1 has put up here mayb i won't bother!

And WHY NOT??? Seems to me you'd bring some much needed credibility to the role!! Come ON Liza!

After the last Salon series I got in touch with Ezflow who provide the nail stuff for the show and spent a day with Sabrina doing sculpts, she was very professional and a very good nailtech, I know she spent a day or two with Sarah before she went into the salon for this series. I could be wrong but I also think Ant Buckley trained her for the show. I did notice the nail tech they had in for a day was using both Ezflow and CND products. I think they concentrated on nails in the last series as Sabrina was so experienced in that field, Sarah seems to be more experienced in Body treatments and Georgina.... well she seems to be more experienced in talking! I like her though, harmless enough and she is still very young. I think it might have been more prudent for Endemol to hire someone with a little more experience for the show but thats just my humble opinion! Jx

Lisa I think it will be fab to see you spreading your skills knowledge and enthusiam on the media we need techs like you to aspire to. So as you say to all your students its not as bad as what you think

Good luck and just be yourself we all love you so I am sure they will

Love
sarah
x

I also think the massage side of it is appalling! They never cover up the clients correctly with towels, especially men. They leave them laying their in their boxer shorts!

They other day there was a man who had an amputated leg. He was there for a relaxing massage and all she could talk about was his leg and what had happened to him!

In my opinion he would have enough of that sort of thing in everyday life without having to listen to it whilst he was supposed to be receiving a relaxing massage!

liza smith said:
after reading all these posts re; the salon, i'm a bit gutted.

not just because of the bad image that it portrays of nail tech's, but i've got a screen test nxt friday for a tv prog. & to say i'm nervous about it would b a serious understatement!!!
i'm not worried about them scrutinising my nail skills (they've probably never seen 1/2 the stuff that we're capable of)

no, it starts with...
what the hell do i wear? (i hear tv puts on 10lbs, & i haven't had time to loose the choccies 7 booze excesses yet!!)

will i b able to talk coherantly without people thinking that i've lost my false teeth!

who else is up for the job? ( i know i'm not the only 1)

liza xx
Oh dear,
What to wear thats the thing...............ok it's got to be the little black number.........makes one look slimmer........ a huge smile that makes one look happy and confident !!!!!!!!!!
As for the teeth and talking thingy lol..............just be yourself!!!!!!!!!!! That should do the trick Hun !!!!!!Don't forget to put them in in the morning, before you leave the house mind!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure you will do just fine!!!!!
Screen test , well I don't think you will have a problem there, you photograph very well, so go do it, but most of all have fun and enjoy the expirience.........
Because wether or not you get the TV part..........just remember you had a
go....
Oh and before I forget......can I have your autograph now please................
Toodeloo

Well Liza,
I can sympathise with the xmas chocs & booze thing ... I have gone up a dress size since xmas :cry:
As Ruth said, stick to black and you cant go wrong.
I was in last nights D& Pascoe, ... blink & you missed me (quite literally), I was soooo excited about watching it, till I realised the scene I was in was a profile shot!!!!
Lets just say I now have 1001 hang ups and if I'm ever on tv again it will be in Nip&Tuck :lol:
Anyways, I'm sure you'll do fine as from what I hear you have a wealth of talent to keep people mesmerised with so Im sure people wont be scrutinising you.
Good luck &njoy xx.

dear me....saw the beauty thearpist from Salon 1, who's been working in Sweeden since the last show do nails the other night... you've never seen ow't like it... polish straight onto cuticle, takes about 12 strokes all over nail wall,horror, scream..the whole nail plate flooded.... my chap & I were in hysterics...thank god for this program all our clients see how good we all are :green:

Fab Freak said:
dear me....saw the beauty thearpist from Salon 1, who's been working in Sweeden since the last show do nails the other night... you've never seen ow't like it... polish straight onto cuticle, takes about 12 strokes all over nail wall,horror, scream..the whole nail plate flooded.... my chap & I were in hysterics...thank god for this program all our clients see how good we all are :green:

GEORGINA HAS BEEN VOTED OUT... AT LAST! :lol:

Laura said:
GEORGINA HAS BEEN VOTED OUT... AT LAST! :lol:

Thank god for that she was the worst therapist in the world, was she even qualified??
I had heard that the receptionist is some sort of nail tech (dont know for sure though someone mentioned it in the salon (my salon that is lol)
Does anyone else know?
I'm very disapointed i watched it a little the other night and the irish lady was on doing a manicure she said ooh let do somthing different not just a french look and put single colour gold polish on the girls nails , how boring is that. and it looked thick!!!!!!!!!! uuk!! (not that there is anything wrong with gold polish)
Go for that job Lisa and show people what we can really do!!!!!!!
:twisted: :mad: :rolleyes:

yes the receptionist is a nail tech and beauty therapist but I don`t like her much either, she doesn`t work as a team but seems to have pulled away from them all the time and I think she got the sympathy vote to stay in.
I can`t believe Georgina was shocked at being voted out......come on............she wasn`t at all professional.
The programme has me hooked but the standard compared to the last show is worse in my opinion

I know I'm going to be shot down for this but .... I actually like the two Gorgina's. :eek: I think Gina on reception is very efficient, I know she is also supposed to be a pretty good tech in which case (if she is) she must have had many a titter over Gorgina & Sarah's efforts.... I know I'd have felt pretty superior!
I hated Gorgina at the start because she was so crap but, I think she was learning as she went along and I think the fault lies with the prog makers for taking her on in the first place.
Now sulky Sarah who is supposed to be fully qualified but, cant do a set of extensions ... I wanted her out sooo badly, the girl does nothing but whinge and has no sense of humour!
I like Suzanne, the 'Orish' girl, I think she knows her stuff a bit more and I look forward to watching the sparks fly over the next 7 weeks!!!

Gina won some sort of nail competition if my memory serves, I think it was thru one of the mags but my brain could be a little fuddled! I'm going to have to challenge the remark about Georgina maybe not being 'qualified', she works in a salon whilst doing her NVQ I seem to remember them saying this when they introduced the team. Everyone has to start somewhere and alot of people train on the job, how else would anyone get any experience? Can everyone say they never made any mistakes and didn't always get it right whilst training?? I certainly can't! We are not an 'elite' group of people who can only work after being qualified, she had a manager in the salon as most people training do, come on girls where is your solidarity?? She might be young and slightly annoying but at least she 'gave it a go', something even being 'qualified' cannot always guarantee we will do. Now don't anyone go jumping down my throat, it's just my opinion. Jx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back