The same nail keeps lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMOUSE

Reaction score
This client has been coming to me for about 6 weeks. Previous she had gone to NSS. I put a new set on her but im having problems with one nail it keeps lifting to the stage where its nearly off. I have tip and done sculpture on this nail but I always get the same problem. The nail only lasts between 3/5 days. Any advice would be great.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek
mobile app

This client has been coming to me for about 6 weeks. Previous she had gone to NSS. I put a new set on her but im having problems with one nail it keeps lifting to the stage where its nearly off. I have tip and done sculpture on this nail but I always get the same problem. The nail only lasts between 3/5 days. Any advice would be great.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek
mobile app

First question is ..

1. Which finger on which hand is lifting?

2. Is the lifting nail more damaged than her other nails or thinner than her other nails? Not every persons nails are the same thickness naturally.

3. What sort of pressure is the client putting on that one finger, because it is some sort of pressure causing it to lift.
A. Does she do some sport or activity that could be causing it?
B. Does she smoke and constantly flick a lighter?
C. Does her job involve putting some pressure on that nail?
D. Does she dip into creams and make up with that particular finger?

You can't tell the client what she is doing .. Only she can tell you? She will have to analyse her activity, and then change some habit or other that is causing this to happen

First question is ..

1. Which finger on which hand is lifting?

2. Is the lifting nail more damaged than her other nails or thinner than her other nails? Not every persons nails are the same thickness naturally.

3. What sort of pressure is the client putting on that one finger, because it is some sort of pressure causing it to lift.
A. Does she do some sport or activity that could be causing it?
B. Does she smoke and constantly flick a lighter?
C. Does her job involve putting some pressure on that nail?
D. Does she dip into creams and make up with that particular finger?

You can't tell the client what she is doing .. Only she can tell you? She will have to analyse her activity, and then change some habit or other that is causing this to happen

Just to support what Geeg said, she is so right as I personally have 1 finger that I always have lifting on, and it's because it's my "pen hand". When I write, my pen presses on the side of my nail...this pressure causes the acrylic to lift only on this nail and on one side. Drives me nuts but at least I know that's what causes it.

:)

Latest posts

Back