The Secret

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is something that I havent heard of before. I have googled what I think it is, I am totally confused - is it a film? I am not quite sure what to make of it!

Please someone explain it in more detail to me what it is all about.

Is this like Cosmic Ordering???

This is not a book I've heard of but it sounds so fab. Can anyone tell me the author's name if it hasn't already been said? Could do with this in my life!

We've been working like trojan horses for the past year and our financial situation doesn't seem to be picking up, the house we spent so much on doing up hasn't had one viewing, we can't move into the house we want cos we can't sell the house we've done up, its a bad circle.

Although I do reiki on myself, and ask for help from above, it's just not turning around.

Sorry to witter better go should do a blogxx

This is something that I havent heard of before. I have googled what I think it is, I am totally confused - is it a film? I am not quite sure what to make of it!

Please someone explain it in more detail to me what it is all about.

When I first received it I thought it was going to be a film a bit like Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings as someone has already said.

But I watched it through yesterday and it is several people talking about "The Secret" to health, wealth, relationships, the world etc.

It certainly makes sense and I have always been a very negative person but it is positive thinking for me from now on.

One quote which comes up again and again is "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right. "

Thank you Sams!

What is it?

This is like some sort of labyrinth....come on unravel the mystery...:lol:

What is it?

This is like some sort of labyrinth....come on unravel the mystery...:lol:
It's all to do with quantum physics. What you focus on, you get. So, if say you're self employed and you haven't got many clients. Don't sit and focus on the lack of clients, imagine them coming through the door and the phone ringing. Just assume that good will come to you. It doesn't always come in the way that you plan, but it will come. Another tip is to let it go and don't keep repeating the same wish. Try it........it's great fun and really lifts you. xxxx

So it is kind of like cosmic ordering??? or am I on the wrong track?

Just seen Peter Pans post...maybe that will enlighten me a little more...

Thanks Kim xxx

It makes you focus on what you have and not what you don't have. If you are positive in your approach to life then you will get positivity back - if you are negative then that is all you will get back. Think about it, if someone is off with you do respond in a positive or negative manner? Negativity breeds negativity. It may seem basic stuff but sometimes we get so caught up in the day to day trappings of life that we lose sight of our goals ... and all most people want is just to be happy!

I've been stewing in my own juice for a while to be honest, blaming others when life goes off track rather than taking control of my own destiny. I watched the DVD at the weekend and the girls in the salon can't believe the change in me - I can't beleive the change in me!

I always remember on a sales course I went on andit said if you start the day thinking "it's going to be one of those days!" then you won't be disappointed!

The more i have been reading about this the more its kind of "clicking"....as on page one i said i have always been more positive than negative...always try and shrug things off and move on.

Its strange when you think back on your life the times that "the Secret" has been in place when you didn't even know it.

The one thing i never moan about....never negative about and always rave about is my relationship with Rob...and thats the one thing that just gets better and better.

The stuff i do winge about keeps happening !!

If a man walks round with head hung low and dropped shoulders, all sad and grumpy...thats what he will attract. However if he was to stand up tall...head high and full of smiles...he will attract the same back.

The one thing i have to stop doing is being scared....if rob is a little late and i cant get hold of him on his phone i pannick...big time. My imagination runs away with me and its horrid....i have to stop this cos its almost like i am willing the worst to happen. So how do i stop it...stop those thoughts, well according to one website i looked on i should play some music...read a book or put something on the tv....lets face it how many of us can sing along to a song and think about something else at the same time...??? good eh !!

I am very intrigued by this after a recomendation and explaination by a friend but i have done a litle reading an the concept doesn't seem to be sinking in,can anyone who uses this give me any advise please ? Thankyou x

It depends on the sort of person you are and whether you can read and take in - I am much more of a visual person and the DVD was much better for me than the book or the website.

It will take a couple of viewings before you start to think differently - it is not an overnight thing though, but a gradual realisation.

Can I still moan though? I love moaning. xxx:hug:

the secret aint instant - i have a very good friend that sent me this dvd,totally out of the blue, she knows me well enough to know when im im in need..... i didnt undertand it at all, she put me right tho, i started to think positively, and i got the job - im just working on my next new car

baby blue, metallic, brand new tigra,

i will have it

just believe, and it really does work

i was all - it wont/dont/doesnt work - its all bull**** - but i have gone from being a stay at home, miserable moany bitch, to -got a job, am now happy, and feel like im actually worth somthing - all this dont come easy, you have to work at what you want, and the secret showed me how

so thankyou "my friend" for giving it to me

Last edited:
Glynis I'm the same! My life goes from strength to strength. I wanted and believed I would find a great little house for virtually no rent. Everyone said there was no way, it didn't exist! But I said to Gigi that I believe it is there and within a week it turned up!

I needed to increase my revenue drastically, and although we are coming into the summer season I spent the whole of February going out delivering business cards. Every one had positive energy attached to it and it has worked and I said that from March 1st my bookings would dramatically increase, and they have.

Finally I said I wanted to find the perfect man, my soul mate ... and all I can say is girls if you are looking for the perfect man then forget it - cos I have him :green::green:

Call it coincidence, call it the power of positive thinking - it works for me!

Finally I said I wanted to find the perfect man, my soul mate ... and all I can say is girls if you are looking for the perfect man then forget it - cos I have him :green::green:

Call it coincidence, call it the power of positive thinking - it works for me!

New Man ?!?!?!?!? - have I ben a hermit for a while or did you keep that one quiet? :lol:

I have looked at "The Secret" and like alot I just cant grasp the idea of it working! I need to find out more I think.

Yeah, shes got a new man.......... kept it very close to her chest - well you know what I mean:green:

I have just finished reading The Secret and I must say it has given me the kick up the backside I so needed.

I am a strong person, a fighter and have a lot of self belief but for so long now I have been wallowing in all the negative aspects of my life and wallowing in me. I felt quite embarrassed and ashamed when I read the book because it is so right. I am very lucky in so many ways but I have wasted so much energy and time focussing on what I am unhappy about rather than appreciate all the great things I have and all the brilliant opportunities out there. I also found the book brought a bit of spirituality back into my life too.

I am going to read the book again (it sure is a great read!) and will also get the DVD - just to keep me on my toes lol!

I'm off now to enjoy that wonderful world out there x:)

I have undergone lots of cbt over the years and tbh this secret isnt a secret iykwim The way we think affect the whole of our being and life.
It as been know for years that people who think positively have better health and enjoy life much more and also live longer.

Just to add brain chemistry can actual be changed by the way we think this as been proved that thinking positively increases serotonin which makes people happy.

If everyone does it and knows about it , will it still be a "secret"?

When it's no longer a secret, what will they call it?

Calling something "common knowledge" or "common sense".will have nowhere near the effect, although they have both been round since the year .........

I wish I could sell crutches for millions to the millions.:)

Latest posts

Back