The Secret

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right I have ordered the book so will have a good read and let you all know if it helps me .:)

I have ordered the book from amazon ...so will be posting my veiws.

Right I have ordered the book so will have a good read and let you all know if it helps me .:)

Lelipop. It's not really a book like a novel or story hun, you order it, get in mail, open it, skim it, go back and read the bits that caught your eye, then read the rest. I found it's not a book you can read form page 1 through tot he end.

I just wanted to tell you this so you don't get bored with it and think you must read everything in one order.

xx

Lelipop. It's not really a book like a novel or story hun, you order it, get in mail, open it, skim it, go back and read the bits that caught your eye, then read the rest. I found it's not a book you can read form page 1 through tot he end.

I just wanted to tell you this so you don't get bored with it and think you must read everything in one order.

xx

I did. I think it's one to read through once and then skim after. It's so short it's hard to get bored with it.

Mike

Just to add, if this is something you are interested in, try looking up Jeffrey Gitomer, he's a motivational business speaker, business man, author ......and American. I had the pleasure of being loaned and reading his Little Book of Yes (among others he has written like The Sales Bible, The Little Red Book of Selling, The Little Black Book of Connections) while I was in telephone sales and it gives you a bit of oomph!
Very similar stuff in bite sized chunks :)

xx

I have been thinking about this book,
I might have to get it, And the CD too perhaps,

mmmmmm yes I think I just might have to give it a little go !

The Secret CD is even better. I have it in the car just to remind me! :)

My friend was talking to me about this on thursday! It is amazing how things are always floating around the ether! I'm going to order it now and I might get the CD too as I like things to listen to when I am driving. Especially since I discovered I had an 8cd thing under the passenger seat of my car a while ago:eek:. That was a lovely surprise! Lol Lx

I hadnt heard of this Secret thing until I saw it on here tonight, I read the whole thread and had a look at the site. I noticed on the site the following:

The Making of The Secret
One spring day towards the end of 2004, Rhonda Byrne discovered a secret - the secret laws and principles of the universe.

I find it incredibly interesting that since 2004 there has been 295,000,000 hits online. That equates to a phenomenal amount of money spent if a small percentage of people bought products about this so called secret. To me it seems very much a money spinning racket based on the common sense of thinking positively.

Now maybe I am being cynical but I just dont see how by thinking positively means you are going to be wealthy, anyhow money doesnt always make you happy. Also its hard work and self belief that makes you a success, but success is also subjective, one persons success is anothers failure.

I think theres way too much pressure in this fast paced society today and the sooner people realise that as long as you are healthy, loved and have inner peace then people will be happier. Thinking I want I want all the time just breeds discontentment. To me this "secret" seems to promote the latter" but maybe I have misunderstood its context.

anne xx

I don't think for most people it's about money hun,
I couldn't give a flying fig about money, never really had it anyway so don't know what I'm missing lol...
Of course it would be nice, but I think of the likes of brittney spears....money didn't make her very happy, and mrs beckham she has soooooooo much money, but I bet her heart was still breaking when mr beckham was all over the news reported to have had an affair.

I think it's about finding your inner peace with yourself (the reason for considering buying this book I mean, not the actual book itself)
Sometimes certain learning techniques work differently for others,

I get bogged down and I think very negatively all of the time,
I go to bed thinking 'oh god another day tomorrow' I open my eyes of a morning and think ' oh great another rubbish day ahead'

I know I should be going to bed thinking ' in the morning I will wake up and see my 2 beautifull daughters faces' and I should wake up wondering what a difference I can make that day...

I am hoping the 'secret' MAY help to order inside my head and help me to re order the way I think.
Just to help me to understand way's of thinking, and how to change it.
I have been trying to start a business for over a year and a half now, and I constantly think ' I don't know why I'm bothering, It wont work anyway'
See I should think and belive that I will succeed,
If I will it to fail, whether I mean to or not It will fail.

I know a book/ cd or dvd won't change my life, only I can.... at the moment though I don't know how.

I agree the author probably has made a total mint from sales...but hey good luck to her lol

I haven't read the book yet so haven't a clue if all I am talking is a load of ballcocks , but this is why I am wanting to get it xxx:hug:

If I had half your talent where nails are concerned I wouldnt be worrying as to whether I was successful or not, you will be successful. I know its easy for others to say that but believing in yourself can be difficult but you have to try and push aside negative thoughts. If this book helps you with that then its worth the money spent. I just feel skeptical cos I don't feel that a book, cd or dvd would be helpful to me personally cos I feel pretty content with my life as it is.

anne xx

I hadnt heard of this Secret thing until I saw it on here tonight, I read the whole thread and had a look at the site. I noticed on the site the following:

The Making of The Secret
One spring day towards the end of 2004, Rhonda Byrne discovered a secret - the secret laws and principles of the universe.

I find it incredibly interesting that since 2004 there has been 295,000,000 hits online. That equates to a phenomenal amount of money spent if a small percentage of people bought products about this so called secret. To me it seems very much a money spinning racket based on the common sense of thinking positively.

Now maybe I am being cynical but I just dont see how by thinking positively means you are going to be wealthy, anyhow money doesnt always make you happy. Also its hard work and self belief that makes you a success, but success is also subjective, one persons success is anothers failure.

I think theres way too much pressure in this fast paced society today and the sooner people realise that as long as you are healthy, loved and have inner peace then people will be happier. Thinking I want I want all the time just breeds discontentment. To me this "secret" seems to promote the latter" but maybe I have misunderstood its context.

anne xx

I do actually agree with everything you have said here.

I read this thread way back...and heard about Geeks positive results from The Secret....
so off I tod to look at the book....now I loved the cover of the book and the feel of it...but when I read some extracts it didn't do anything for me...
so as it was 17.99€ for a tiny book I didn't buy it....

instead I came home and read everything about it on the internet.....
which brought up all the negative aspects of it....

and this is where I get terribly confused....

Soooooooo many people are raving about it....how it has worked for them...and not just about money either....but also about inner calm and peace.....being successful in all areas of life....what is it? Health, Wealth and Happiness?

but I just can't help thinking someone somewhere is making one heck of a lot of money out of this.....rubbing their hands thinking 'suck-ers' !!!!

I am terribly cynical about everything....I love to read about the positive and negative sides of everything to make my own judgement....

but with this one I am just stumped.....

so many people have praised it....and yet I still feel it is just a load of hyped up mumbo jumbo.....

I guess it all boils down to if it works for you...then brilliant.

The Secret is postive thinking at all times, I brought the book last year and when I read it realised that it was all about believing in yourself and staying positive :)

Well a collegue gave me the book and the dvd of the secret months ago, I kept meaning to watch it...but never got round to it.

So today with a pile of ironing I decided I woul watch the secret after seeing how living to the secret works for my collegues.

SO my thoughts are: its facinating, inspriring and empowering!!

It has really nothing to do with making money.....I think people have got side tracked and sceptical by it all.

Focus on what you want in life, really focus, focus so much it feels real (*it* can be anything, getting your baby to sleep through the night in a weeks time, getting a pay rise, loosing weight whatever) positivity brings positivity.....

I fail to see why this philosphy in life is a bad thing?

How many of us can answer swiftly, "what do you want in life...name 5 things"

We all to easily say " I need to get out of debt" "I dont want a arrogant boyfriend" " I dont want a selfish lover" Its all negative, what we dont want.....how many of us think " I want a kind selfless strong boyfriend"???

(rubbish examples I am giving here so please work with me:green:)

Being sceptial cos people made money out of this concept seems daft to me, people make money out of allsorts, its just another negative thought....try to tranfer it into a postitive one.

Whats so bad about people feeling positive anyway?

Keep smilin geeks!:green:

ok so i searched for this on here cos like all business aspects i value geek opinions and was intrigued to see what other geeks thought of it, my friend brought me this for xmas 2008 i always pick it up and just read a passage i find it motivational - i try and live my weeks by quotes! I know some are sceptical as with most things in life and i fully understand that.

I have just ordered the DVD more for my dad then myself, i am hoping it will help him look at life in a more positive light 3 years go he was assaulted by 8 people and his life has been left in tatters he had life saving brain surgery and his quality of life is not the same but i feel part of this is because my dad looks at what he has lost rather than what he could have i love my dad and i am greatful everyday to the fact i have got him his my best friend i nearly lost (now crying :cry: - lol) i am determined i can get my old happier dad back this is just one of the many methods we will try (he has had various therapies even tried hypnosis!)

Geeks just to say if you published a book of some of your quotes you would be motivational as i look on here most days for different aspects of business - spose im trying to thank you all xxx :biggrin::hug:

gawd, an old post resurrected, but I'm sure the believers should all be millionaires by now, or so bloody happy they can't be bothered replying......
which is it?

Can you please reply from you private villas in the Bahamas ..... just to give us lazy asses who ignored "the secret", that we should have listened.

At least poke your tongues out and laugh at us losers, while you have apparently prospered beyond your own beliefs.

How long has it been now?

Sorry to "shake the tree".

Sure, i've seen people be more happy, but their shyte is the same,
it just has a different smell, Kudos to all, but the secret has become yet another secretion that needs another solution.

Latest posts

Back