The Secret

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDs

Curly Hair Geek
Reaction score
Has anyone read/ listened or watch this? It is a motivational about changing your life to be successful.
I am just starting to listen to the CDs.

Would love to read your opinins

we played the video for our students in related studies. Personally, I think its a it hokey it makes it sound like if u say everyday "im going to get a beemer" its going to fall in your lap. It does have a good meaning about being positive and doing the steps needed to make what you want in your life happen. It talks about how if we give off good energy and the universe is energy that positive energy will come back to you. As humans we seem to dwell on the negative things in life, dont sweat the small stuff turn the negative into positives in your life.

Hi hun

Yes it's pretty big right now, I've known about it for a while, check this site out Enlightenedequitation - if you can't access it because you need to sign up, you'll find it under General child board The Secret Login
if you find the original post by Sonora you'll see it had over 2000 hits and also The Secret site The Secret :: Official Web Site of The Secret Movie :: Law of Attraction
and this one Abraham-Hicks

If you want anymore info just pm me.

Deb379

Yes...........I try to live my life by it most of the time and it works for me.

The thing is this: It's no good laying in bed all day saying "I'm going to be rich. I'm going to be rich" You need to make plans towards getting rich and act upon them. That's when opportunities will come your way.

I urge you all to keep an open mind. You woulnd't believe how brilliant it can be. xxxxxx

:):hug:
Yes, I have read the book "The Secret" and I also have watched the DVD!!
I found it AMAZING!!!
I found that the techniques/beliefs were ones that I already try to follow..
I have always believed that we are all energy and that our thoughts create energy, so if you think positive thoughts, you will get positive back, and vice versa.. (Energy never goes away... Thats why I believe that when you die, you leave your skin and bones behind, but your energy/spirit goes over to the other side.)

Yes.. there are people who critizie it, but they are the people who might not reallly understand its philosophy!!

I know that after reading and watching the DVD, I really try harder to give out more positve energy, and see more good things in life.. and yes.. if you really want something bad enough and work hard enough you will receive..
*Ask,*Believe*Receive*

Just think what a wonderful world this would be if we all thought loving/good thoughts!!!

Sincerely;
Janet:hug:

Blimey the trailors like across between Harry Potter and The Lord of the rings Its certainly done in true Hollywood style and this just a self help dvd.
Must say first impressions for me were that its almost like a new age cult thing.

seen it ....it's nothing new, positive thinking has been around for ages, actually phsycologists are treating the "secret" as a bit of a downer, it makes you feel responsible for ****e you have no control over...... get a t-shirt that says "****e happens" because it does, it's not because of the way you think, if you need the kind of "prop", that the secret gives you, then so be it, but you dont have to watch it, to live it and be it.
It's very odd that the woman responsible for the vid & book has made millions, yet her mother still lives in a council flat.

seen it ....it's nothing new, positive thinking has been around for ages, actually phsycologists are treating the "secret" as a bit of a downer, it makes you feel responsible for ****e you have no control over...... get a t-shirt that says "****e happens" because it does, it's not because of the way you think, if you need the kind of "prop", that the secret gives you, then so be it, but you dont have to watch it, to live it and be it.
It's very odd that the woman responsible for the vid & book has made millions, yet her mother still lives in a council flat.

that because the mother isn't saying outloud..."i will be rich".....:lol:

only playing....i am all for positive thinking and turning a negative into a positive...but i also think "s**t happens and its what you do when it happens thats important...sit and dwell...or get up and try and fix it !!!

It is amazing how many negative thoughts we have in one day. It is constant work to keep to the positive.

I am comparing it to Micheal Cole seminars..anyone else see the similarlity?

Maybe her mother WANTS to live in a council flat. It isn't all ahout money. It's about being happy with yourself too.

A family member of mine was always depressed - nothing was going right loads of debt etc didnt have a job. Because she was so negative I think all these unlucky things happened to her. Then one day she got off her arse got a job doing something we never thought she would and shes so happy, shes radiant, they have occasionally come into money (not a lottery win - that would be good though). She never got the job for the money but for pure love of it and has been promoted several times. She has lost 4 stone and looks great. Is this positive energy ?- I think so. But Im so pleased for her too.

My brother on the hand is optimistic - but when something goes wrong - he thinks everything is against him and packs in the job he has. Nothing goes right for him - but I really think this is down to him and negative energy.

=pazzy;601334]A family member of mine was always depressed - nothing was going right loads of debt etc didnt have a job. Because she was so negative I think all these unlucky things happened to her. Then one day she got off her arse got a job doing something we never thought she would and shes so happy, shes radiant, they have occasionally come into money (not a lottery win - that would be good though). She never got the job for the money but for pure love of it and has been promoted several times. She has lost 4 stone and looks great. Is this positive energy ?- I think so. But Im so pleased for her too.

My brother on the hand is optimistic - but when something goes wrong - he thinks everything is against him and packs in the job he has. Nothing goes right for him - but I really think this is down to him and negative energy.

Sounds like my dad!

I do think you get out of life what you put into it. If you work hard you will get a return of some kind for your hard work. If you sit on your backside thinking the world owes you a living you ain't gonna get very far.

:):hug:
Yes, I have read the book "The Secret" and I also have watched the DVD!!
I found it AMAZING!!!
I found that the techniques/beliefs were ones that I already try to follow..
I have always believed that we are all energy and that our thoughts create energy, so if you think positive thoughts, you will get positive back, and vice versa.. (Energy never goes away... Thats why I believe that when you die, you leave your skin and bones behind, but your energy/spirit goes over to the other side.)

Yes.. there are people who critizie it, but they are the people who might not reallly understand its philosophy!!

I know that after reading and watching the DVD, I really try harder to give out more positve energy, and see more good things in life.. and yes.. if you really want something bad enough and work hard enough you will receive..
*Ask,*Believe*Receive*

Just think what a wonderful world this would be if we all thought loving/good thoughts!!!

Sincerely;
Janet:hug:
Well Said.. That is what The Secret is About.

I haven't watched that one .....but did go to a seminar once by PSI ( pronounced sigh ) it's a motivational class......sure did help me out on some issues I was having....and I bought the CD'S ...this was about 5 years ago ...and I still listen to them.....
I say what ever makes you feel better....go for it!

Just wanted to bring this one back again to see if anyone else had any thoughts on this...i have been reading about this online and its really interesting....anyone ??

Has anyone read/ listened or watch this? It is a motivational about changing your life to be successful.
I am just starting to listen to the CDs.

Would love to read your opinins

Have the Book, DVD, CD including many they recommend... have been living it all my life but now I know how to use it.... Since July 2007 both Sam and my lives have changed.

Everyone should benefit from it! :!:

A very good friend recommended this to me today and I need to find it now so its funny its been bumped as I didn't see this topic before.

I think if it helps anyone in a dark or insecure place to find possitivity and something to see a way ahead with its a good thing. If you dont need it then lucky you, but I dont think anyone should knock it. Never know when something happens thats out of your control it might be just what you needed.

Don't get down if what you ask for doesn't happen straight away. Also, you might ask for a certain amount of money, but it may not come in one lump. You'll be amazed when it comes from all directions. Try it. What have you got to lose. xxx

I have always been a tough little cookie with amazing inner strength. I was given the Secret DVD by the Sam's and it came at a very low ebb in my life.

I think you can receive The Secret in many different ways. What it has given me is how to focus the energy and strength I have in a positive way, rather than letting the little knocks in life all add up and totally consume me. Negative energy has a strength too, and it can be far stronger and take more effort than being positive.

I'm not saying that my life will be a bed of roses now, but it has helped me try and focus what I want out of life and achieve it, rather than what I don't want out of life but end up living that way anyway!

It may be mumbo jumbo to some, but it's working for me!

I know it definately works for me. When I use the principles I'm rushed off my feet and lots of positive things happen in my life. I keep a copy of the book in the toilet so everytime I go in I flick it open and read a pararaph or two. I know, I can hear all those who don't have books in their toilet are really grossed out :green:

Latest posts

Back