The service that sucks.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What service do you think sucks worse than the others?

• Full sets

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • Manicures

Votes: 18 4.0%
  • Pedicures

Votes: 138 30.7%
  • Nail art

Votes: 40 8.9%
  • Rebalances (fills)

Votes: 233 51.8%

• Total voters

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Yaya... We have done the 'What service gives me butterflies in my tummy right before I do it' kind of poll...
But now it's time for the darker side...

What service do loathe most in the salon?

For me... it was nothing. Yes... I loved everything in the salon. :puke:
Actually.... I used to feel that way about feet... but of course that was pre SpaPedicure.

If I had to choose one thing from the list... It would have to Nail Art (which I don't overly mind).
In fact.... To be all personal and stuff... I had a nightmare last night.
I awoke in a cold sweat as I was having a dream where I was supposed to be teaching some new out of this world nail art design.
Problem was... I had no clue what it was supposed to be. I didn’t know if it was supposed to be with coloured powders, enamels, paints, whatever... Hundreds were there standing there awaiting me to unveil some globally new way to design a nail and change the nail world... all I could do was stand there and be naked. :oops:

Like... what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Anyhooo... I just thought I would share and throw up a new poll. ;)

I don't loathe anything as long as it puts money in my pocket! :D

As for your dream, well, some people say that dreams mean the opposite. So more than likely it means that it doesn't matter what the nail art was meant to be, hundreds of people would still gather to watch you do it! :D

Well none, I like my job and all that comes with it ........
Manicures, Maintenance, Full Sets, Reshape and varnish, repairs, Nailart the lot................
As our beautician on the Tanning Shop does the pedicures I can't inlclude these on my list...but I wouldn't mind doing them, well we have the Spa range from creative.................Yummy smell and brill results..............

But there is one service I have just thought of...........The soaking off of other peoples Acrylic, ok if its a good product, but if it's the dreaded MMA and combine that with rings of fire , then yes thats the one I hate most........... not because it is so long winded, but I hate the look on my clients face when I have to explain that there is nail damage and it's due to lack of expertise, not the product it's self but the uneducated use of an electric file.................Thats makes me wanna cry .....

love Ruth xxxxxxx

The Nail Geek said:
In fact.... To be all personal and stuff... I had a nightmare last night.
I awoke in a cold sweat as I was having a dream where I was supposed to be teaching some new out of this world nail art design.
Problem was... I had no clue what it was supposed to be. I didn’t know if it was supposed to be with coloured powders, enamels, paints, whatever... Hundreds were there standing there awaiting me to unveil some globally new way to design a nail and change the nail world... all I could do was stand there and be naked. :oops:

Like... what the hell is that supposed to mean?

will be interesting on sunday then sam :shock: :shock:

What service do i not like well for me it has to be pedi's still can't take to loving feet as much :p

The Nail Geek said:
Hundreds were there standing there awaiting me to unveil some globally new way to design a nail and change the nail world... all I could do was stand there and be naked. :oops:

PMSL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well I dont work in a salon yet, but everything on the list I can *now* do and enjoy (the full sets and rebalances I've just learnt). I LOVE doing manicures and especially pedicures (dont ask why, I dont have a foot fetish... :rolleyes: Jus like doing em!), and obv, nail art is my fave ;-)

We'll wait and see how my opinion changes when Im working ;-) :shock:

xxlaylaxx

Well...

Remember all... It doesn’t mean you hate doing it... but... if you had to sacrifice just one... what would it be?

well its gotta be the pedicure!
on my price list its at the bottom in the hope that they miss it :D and its the most expensive out of my natural nail treatments.
saying that it is far nicer to do with the spa pedicure yay i dont mind doing peoples feet who i know but a stranger im not keen!!
re your weird dream sam i read somewhere that nakedness in a dream was ment to mean an underlying insercurity and a feeling of being vunerable and seeing as we all know your the man when it comes to nails and all that goes with it i think maybe it was just one of them dreams when its like yep you had to much chardonay the night before and your brains gone off on one :D !! :rolleyes:
nickki jones :D

mine has to be feet too!
i dont offer the service in salon but it has been know that i'd do pedi on a regular client or my mum........and i dont really mind........love the ez flow spa elements mani and pedi.........that buttermint buffing scrub is just fab stuff!......reminds me of tooth paste........lol :D

Jess
;)

Depends on what kind I guess.... HATE old-style nail art -- rhinestones (ok- a couple are nice, but too many are tacky!), that freakin gold striping tape stuff UGH! :evil: , and of course that damned FOIL method! What the heck was that stuff anyway??? :?

NOW... if we're talkin MOSAIC Nail Art... well whoo hoo I'M ALL FOR IT!

Gotta LOVE the Mosaics and the new Metro Collection... yea FUN :D

How can so many not like feet with the awesome CND Spa Pedi products???? You can transform Frankenstein's feet with this line!!! ;)

Yep if I had to drop (not that I do this yet) it would be feet...sorry tootsies.. ;)

that would be art for me...not that I don't like it, but because I have NO CLUE how to do it...do you see 1 picture on my website with art? LOL LOL. All Forever French :p
Yeah, I'm boring and I have a conservative croud. ;) (yeah yeah, excuses excuses)

Sawsdee ka

I enjoy i do in salon and 1 i like best is make enhancement if i have to speak 1 not like best is in my salon we do Thai lady blow dry for 20 to 40 minute and i dont like too much beacuse make me boring sometimes little bit and i not like too much shave man :rolleyes: .

Mui from Thailand

if i had the choice, i would sacrifice rebalances. its not that i mind doing them really, just that i prefer the creation stage much more than the maintenance. if i could do nail art all day, id be a happy bunny. also i quite like pedicures, people say to me "ugh, i dont know how you can touch other peoples feet", but i reply "you know where their feet have been and what theyve been doing, its the hands youve gotta watch out for!"

i love every part of my job but if i really had to chose one it would probably be nail art, i don't really get many reqquests for it. i think i must have fairly conservative clients too!! french all the way with the odd rhinestone!

i'm in the process of putting together a nail art design book with some lovely designs in an attempt to pursuade some of my clients to go for it! lets hope it works!!!

Jenn xx

FEET without a doubt. The only people's feet i can touch are my two daughters - aged 2 and 9... i really do have an adversion to other people's feet...my poor friend had a hip replacement last year aged 39 and when she was in hospital asked me to paint her toe nails. No pedi, just paint but god, did i have to syke myself up for it!!! :o
I rekon if i could have found a long garden cane to tape to the brush i would have done so i didn't have to touch them of get too close!! And she's got nice feet too! My friends keep telling me that people that want pedicures and people that care for their feet in the first place but i still can't do it!!!! Is there a name for people who have a phobia about feet...feet are in the same league as snakes and small spaces to me!!!!]
i used to think airbrushing was my favourite but now i just can't get enough L&P nail enhancements - CDN retention+ of course!!!

I have to say i absolutely love doing everything to do with nails, but if one had to go it would be the rebalance. Its great once its done but the worst ting is if you get someone else's work that you have to clean up!!

A close second would be pedicures.:biggrin:

I don't really think any of these services 'suck' but if I had to pick one it would be the manicures. I only say this from a money making point of view. If you spend 45-1hr on a manicure and only charge say £15, I could have done a full set, facial, pedicure or loads of waxing in the same amount of time but made double or triple the amount of cash. That's just my gready way of thinking....:green:

Actually, it's not on the list, but I hate full removals, all that filing the gel off, all that dust, all that added concentration, and those pants nails that lie beneath....!

I love infills / rebalances the most. You've built up a rapport with the client from before so less small talk and more friendly chat, she comes in with nails less than perfect and goes out with them like a shiny new set.

Hiya,

Because i have done a beauty therapy course i now offer beauty treatment, but i have tgo say i hate facials, they are boring and you dont see any results................i love everything about nails, i absolutly love my job and i never have that monday morning feeling!!!!!!!!!

I used to hate feet, but i dont mind them now!!!!!!

Amanda

i really dont love doing rebalances at all, i love em when they are done but iwould much rather do a full set , lol
also hate doing bikini waxes :irked: lol

Latest posts

Back